Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Cant kick / ban & get player info from SB Webpanel

Post New Thread Reply   

Wolfseye
Old 05-12-2014 , 10:30   Cant kick / ban & get player info from SB Webpanel
Reply With Quote #1

Just tried with a friend if I can kick or ban him from the Server Status on the Webinterface. You know, right click on the player and then the functions.

It only worked with SEND MESSAGE, that worked. But kicking, banning or getting player info wouldn't work because I got a message saying that the player was no longer on the Server. Why can it work for one, but not the other things ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Wolfseye

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-12-2014 at 12:00.
Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfseye
Donski
Old 05-19-2014 , 17:40   Re: Cant kick / ban & get player info from SB Webpanel
Reply With Quote #2

Experienced this and it turned out I had the rcon_password setup incorrectly. It can also be caused when you have SMAC RCON locker or any similar plugin.

You can test it yourself, try to get a player's info on Sourcebans, then immediately check your server console - it will usually say something like "rcon from x.x.x.x: Bad password" or something like that.
Wolfseye
Old 05-20-2014 , 01:06   Re: Cant kick / ban & get player info from SB Webpanel
Reply With Quote #3

I wish that would be the issue. But the fact is, in my case its not. I checked in my Server's console at the same time that I tried to view the Info of a player. Guess what, on the Server console Window the Status was displayed as it should be, but that never reached Sourcebans. My Rcon was fine, just Sourceban won't do that what you're asking it.

I can add banned IP's into my banlist and that will work, but as for immediate ban, kick or view info of a player through Sourcebans, that still doesn't work.
Wolfseye
Old 05-20-2014 , 01:27   Re: Cant kick / ban & get player info from SB Webpanel
Reply With Quote #4

Something happend. ;)

I found this post by accident.

http://tracker.hlxce.com/issues/1486

And I changed that line (which is slightly different than the one in my init.php of Sourcebans)

Code:
define('STATUS_PARSE', '/# +([0-9]+) +"(.+)" +(STEAM_[0-9]:[0-9]:[0-9]+) +([0-9:]+) +([0-9]+) +([0-9]+) +([a-zA-Z]+) +([0-9.:]+)/');
to

Code:
define('STATUS_PARSE', '/#[ ]+([0-9 ]+)[ ]+"(.+)"[ ]+(STEAM_[0-9]:[0-9]:[0-9]+)[ ]+([0-9]+[:[0-9]+)[ ]+([0-9]+)[ ]+([0-9]+)[ ]+([a-zA-Z]+)[ ]+([0-9.:]+)/');
And from then on I could view the Profile and I could kick. Haven't tested Ban yet because at this time noone is on the Server except me and I didn't wanna try to ban myself ^^

But try if that fixes the issue for those of you also having that issue.

Wolfseye

P.S: Short other thing though, not directly related but I hope someone knows. In this part of the sourcebans.cfg:

Code:
// Website address to tell where the player to go for unban, etc
Can I not decide myself which URL i want to display there to a user kicked or banned ? Because even if I put a custom URL in there, it still displays the original Sourcebans Webpanel URL. How can that be if I put there a different URL ?

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-20-2014 at 01:49.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2014 , 11:35   Re: Cant kick / ban & get player info from SB Webpanel
Reply With Quote #5

the config option is for displaying the url set to it to users that are banned.
Wolfseye
Old 05-20-2014 , 13:03   Re: Cant kick / ban & get player info from SB Webpanel
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
the config option is for displaying the url set to it to users that are banned.
Yes, I know. But its not showing that. Its still automatically showing the URL where I have my Sourcebans panel. But such an URL field would only make sense if I could display any URL, not just that from my Webpanel. Which it seems Sourcebans seems to use anyways.