Post New Thread Reply   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2005 , 21:55   Xaphan - Admin plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Xaphan
Version: 1.0b1

Whats changed?
Most importantly, everything you see here has been tested. The plugin does not cause any server stability issues, nor does it have any non functional commands.

Features:
Mod-Independent
Reserved Slots
Kick
Slay
Ban
Execute commands on clients
Execute commands on the server
Speak via server's say command
Get timeleft

What this will not have (don't ask for this):
Stats
Play sounds
Download sounds
Change models

What will be added:
Map voting (rockthevote style)
Swear filter

Why release this now?
Most of the other plugins I see are highly mod specific, and there has been a release of a few new source mods, and other games based on source that don't have anything to admin them with. Also, it provides one of the first major plugins to use Metamod: Source. The version I released when HL2 was released was very buggy, and not really a good representation of this.

How do I use it?
You need to download and Install SourceMM. Next, set it up like a normal plugin. If you start your server now, and type "meta list" into the console, you should see a line that says
-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] Xaphan v0.91 devicenull RUN

Don't worry if it isnt exactly like that, as long as it says run you are all set.

You can stop your server now, and set up the users file. This goes in moddir\addons\Xaphan\ and is named users.ini
The format is very simple.
Code:
STEAMID,ACCESS,NAME
So, to give me access, I would put
Code:
STEAM_0:0:4559470,abcdez,devicenull
The different access levels are as follows:
everyone - x_help
a - reserved slot
b - x_kick, x_slay
c - x_map
d - x_ban, x_listip
e - x_ssay, x_csay
z - x_exec, x_execall, x_rcon

Why do x_exec and x_rcon share the same access level? I want my admins to be able to execute commands on the clients, but not the server!
I feel, that if you can't trust someone with access to the server via rcon, you shouldn't trust them with access to clients computers. This is something that is very unlikely to change throughout the versions. If it does change, then it will probably be because the client execute commands have been removed.

Okay, where can I get it?
Win32 and Linux: http://devnull.vision-host.net/files...an_full.tar.gz

Changelog?
v0.922->v1.0b1
  • Lots of fun internal stuff

v0.921->v0.922
  • Moved some stuff around. Config files now go in xaphan\cfg, and binary files go in xaphan\bin. This is to conform to the standards for plugins, and will not change again.
  • I've determined that CSS and DODS have removed support for csays, at least the way the plugin is doing them. All other mods should work, if they don't, check out the Readme for how to make them work.
  • Banned words support is not going to be included, but will become an optional plugin later on.
  • Fixed all linux dependencies
  • You now get an easier to use install method.. extract to addons folder. This allowed me to automate building packages, which really doesn't matter to you
  • Downloads: 720/21 Win/Linux
v0.92->v0.921
-Fixed linux config file loading - only linux servers need to update
*Linux only update
v0.91->v0.92
-Fixed reporting of name when someone is autobanned (Thanks c0ldfyr3)
-Fixed minor issue with reporting peoples names from the access file (Thanks c0ldfyr3)
-Fixed bot crashes
-MM 1.1 Support
-Added support for Plan of Attack - This mod does not have the newest version of the PlayerInfoManager class. You will see this error if you use this mod: [XAPHAN] Error: Could not find interface PlayerInfoManager002, attempting to degrade to older version. In future versions you may find certain features are disabled.
-Added x_csay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-27-2005 , 06:41  
Reply With Quote #2

Urm, ok cool, but when I goto download it, the download counter is running like a clock on every refresh...

Gone from 2355 times to 2407 times in 1 min lol.
Old 09-27-2005 , 11:00  
Reply With Quote #3

Hey devicenull, you know anyone who can compile this plugin for Linux? I'm just starting up the DoD:S Server and want to get admin stuff started.

Cheers!
sslice
Old 09-27-2005 , 11:24  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor
Hey devicenull, you know anyone who can compile this plugin for Linux? I'm just starting up the DoD:S Server and want to get admin stuff started.

Cheers!
Sorry, but I don't think any plugin/mod will work for DoD:S until Valve releases an update to the Source SDK.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2005 , 14:29  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldfyr3
Urm, ok cool, but when I goto download it, the download counter is running like a clock on every refresh...

Gone from 2355 times to 2407 times in 1 min lol.
I just hate internet explorer, its new ""security"" feature decided to break how the download would normally work.

Get yourself a decent browser and you won't have problems like that. Apparently I have to go get the download counter to work with IE.

Zor, I can compile it for linux, but I won't have time until tonight

sslice, maybe for normal server plugins The entire point of sourcemm is that it should be mod independent.
Old 09-27-2005 , 14:48  
Reply With Quote #6

this plugin sucks....no stats = shitty plugin
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2005 , 15:06  
Reply With Quote #7

The CSS server I play on has stats disabled and it's great. All the idiot stat whores that switch to the winning team end up going to other servers. For me, no stats is a selling point.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2005 , 15:06  
Reply With Quote #8

MMM... I love people who support stats...the evil setup that creates of individual accopmlishment inside of games that are majoritively team based.... creating a false effect of "you're the best" cuz "you're on top"...why I hate the rank system in BF2... like league play, in the end it's your team who wins or loses, not YOU. Only reason we have stats in the server I admin is because people wanted it, we randomly turn it off and randomly turn it on though. personally I like it off.

Thank you d/n I've been waiting for a plugin for DoD: Source, and I didn't feel like playing around too much w/ beetles.

Now I'm waiting for a valid rebuttal from evil_god.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2005 , 15:29  
Reply With Quote #9

Just found out that sslice was right, and that dod support is broken until a SDK update. I'm going to work on a linux compile when I get home from work.
Old 09-27-2005 , 16:25  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviL_GoD
this plugin sucks....no stats = shitty plugin
Nice try but it's an admin plugin, not a stats plugin. They should always be separate. And personally, I don't play on servers with ingame stats anyway (they're stupid).

Also, it's a bad idea to flame someone with "Administrator" in their tag ;)