Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

AMx and AmXmodX

Post New Thread Reply   

Munra
Old 03-22-2005 , 19:35   AMx and AmXmodX
Reply With Quote #1

This is my problem

I have a Server Running amx mod 0.9.7 It Runs Perect. No problems. But With my Clan growning A need to Redirect from that server to antoher one. I am not going to Change the main server to Amxx cuase it Runs so good right now and I have had no problem for 2 years.

Question:

I have not Found A redirect for amx that works Can I run amxx with amx Any only have adminslot.amxx and A redirect plugin running at the same time amx but Have disable the adminslots on teh old amx. The Redirect plugin need to Redirect and needs to observe reserved slots and redirect the Person Kick. Can I do it THis Way? If so Which is a Good Amxx plugin to use?

Munra

I hope this makes scene
a10waveracer
Old 03-22-2005 , 20:50  
Reply With Quote #2

Well, you aren't gonna get much help around here (because we like amxx) but just search for redirect and try editing it yourself.

Trial and error is the best way.
Send a message via AIM to a10waveracer Send a message via MSN to a10waveracer
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2005 , 21:32  
Reply With Quote #3

You can't use AMXX plugins with AMX, but you can use AMX plugins with AMXX if you modify the source code properly.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Munra
Old 03-22-2005 , 21:36  
Reply With Quote #4

What I meant Was Can I run amx and amxx At the same Time? You know both dlls in the metamod plugins Files That is all I really Need to know if it will Work?
Munra
Old 03-22-2005 , 21:38  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by a10waveracer
Well, you aren't gonna get much help around here (because we like amxx) but just search for redirect and try editing it yourself.

Trial and error is the best way.
So do I My Other 4 servers Are Running AMXX it is just this one server still uses amx and it works so good no problems It has not Crashed in like 4 months (Restart once a Week)
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2005 , 21:42  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munra
What I meant Was Can I run amx and amxx At the same Time? You know both dlls in the metamod plugins Files That is all I really Need to know if it will Work?
I don't think that would be a good idea.. You should just move your plugins to AMXX.

What plugins are you running?
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
pinoiboi98
Old 03-23-2005 , 01:58  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
You can't use AMXX plugins with AMX, but you can use AMX plugins with AMXX if you modify the source code properly.
can you teach me how to do this? lol im only 12 and ii NEEWWB PLZ i BEG of you
Silver Dragon
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2005 , 10:20  
Reply With Quote #8

Why dont u just use the amxmodx plugins to your server? Amxmodx has good plugins made by people

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 03-23-2005 , 11:28  
Reply With Quote #9

Hey jackasses, next time actually answer his question!

Yes, you can, in theory, run both AMXx and AMX on the same server.
Would ANYONE recommend it? No.

Running two very similar systems that both use the same help commands and probably register the same commands will cause errors.

They will probably conflict, and no one on either side is going to help you do it. Just pick one and stick with it.

Also, the old adage (if it aint broke, dont fix it) doesnt work here. Moving up to a bette rmore effecient system is better then staying with an arcahic one.

So instead of trying to hack them together, pick one.
Old 03-23-2005 , 15:27  
Reply With Quote #10

i used to run amx... then i went to amxx and i couldnt believe the improvement... id suggest going with this
Send a message via MSN to Sp4rt4n