Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

The Solid lad
Old 11-21-2018 , 18:30   ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

Is there a plugin that would create a log file every day, and save all connected players' ID3 tags to a txt file in "cstrike/addons/sourcemod/logs/" along with their names?
Maybe there's a function like this built into SM by default?

I'd like to have a log that looks something like this:
Code:
10/18/2018 - 16:25:02: [id3logger.smx] LOLYOU[U:1:85535XXXX]><> has connected to the server.
10/18/2018 - 17:10:00: [id3logger.smx] LOLYOU[U:1:85535XXXX]><> has disconnected from the server.
I first thought about asking for help on how to make cannounce display ID3 tags instead of old STEAM IDs in the chat, and print them to the console as well...but later figured that a log file like this would be a better solution.
I want to retroactively ban cheaters (copy their id3's into banned_user.cfg) who have been spotted by regular players on the server, but disconnected before an admin could be there and ban them.

Thanks for all replies in advance!
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2018 , 00:21   Re: ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

Do you have VIPs on your Server?

If so, then give them the ability to warn?
We are using this for it:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1814821

If players are warned they get logged and you can easily ban them. Or you can set this Plugin to do it for you. Another approach would be a report system:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1934474
Old 11-22-2018 , 07:45   Re: ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

Thank you for the suggestions, but I really don't need all of the extra functionality those plugins bring...
What I want is really simple, I just don't know how to code...

I took the logging idea from Afk manager, it's logs look like this:
Code:
L 10/18/2018 - 20:05:36: [afk_manager4.smx] 3xTaSy<34><[U:1:304690XXXX]><> has been moved to spectator because he was AFK.
L 10/18/2018 - 20:11:39: [afk_manager4.smx] Player count for AFK Kick minimum has been reached, feature is now enabled: sm_afk_kick_min_players = 6 Current Players = 6
L 10/18/2018 - 20:11:43: [afk_manager4.smx] AFK 3xTaSy<34><[U:1:304690XXXX]><> has been kicked.
I'd just like to have the same, with connects/disconnects as the events which are being logged.
This is a small server with a relatively small player base so it'd be manageable to sift thru a daily log.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2018 , 12:12   Re: ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

Why do you need ID3? Can't you just convert the steamid with https://steamid.io

and use something like this?

Try to make a request here. It should not be that hard to alter the output of my suggested Plugin

Last edited by micazoid; 11-22-2018 at 12:13.
The Solid lad
Old 11-22-2018 , 15:20   Re: ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
Why do you need ID3? Can't you just convert the steamid with https://steamid.io

and use something like this?

Try to make a request here. It should not be that hard to alter the output of my suggested Plugin
First off, thanks for all your help.
I can't use converters, because many of these players are running non-steam clients, and as such, converters don't find the account associated with them.
(I allow nonsteam clients to play on the server... otherwise we wouldn't have like half the amount of active players)

So... I did a test with a non-steam guy, and when I banned him with the "sm_ban" command, using his (old style) STEAM ID, which cannounce prints in the chat, it worked.
His ID3 was written into banned_user.cfg.
The problem with this is that it doesn't work when the player you want to ban isn't connected, and even if it would work, it'd require somebody copying the alleged cheater's steam id and sending it to me via steam chat, discord or something.

The plugin you linked "Log Connections" is a godsent. Thank you. I'll make a request right away.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2018 , 15:27   Re: ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

exuse mua ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solid lad View Post
First off, thanks for all your help.
I can't use converters, because many of these players are running non-steam clients, and as such, converters don't find the account associated with them.
(I allow nonsteam clients to play on the server... otherwise we wouldn't have like half the amount of active players)

So... I did a test with a non-steam guy, and when I banned him with the "sm_ban" command, using his (old style) STEAM ID, which cannounce prints in the chat, it worked.
His ID3 was written into banned_user.cfg.
The problem with this is that it doesn't work when the player you want to ban isn't connected, and even if it would work, it'd require somebody copying the alleged cheater's steam id and sending it to me via steam chat, discord or something.

The plugin you linked "Log Connections" is a godsent. Thank you. I'll make a request right away.

Sticky: NO STEAM = NO SUPPORT
YamiKaitou

Last edited by Bacardi; 11-22-2018 at 15:28.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-22-2018 , 22:09   Re: ID3 logging on player connect [CS:S]

We absolutely do not condone, nor support non-steam clients or servers here.