Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.3.0

Post New Thread Reply   

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2010 , 14:33   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #351

The problem I find with sm_lockteams on the server that I admin is that when you finish a mission, players get a choice to vote to replay again, this restarts the same mission again, so I have to change the mission myself.

Not sure if this is a 10vs10 mod thing or this plugin, I reported that before.

It is true, that many players will switch teams to the winning team, this really annoys me since I and others will often end up in spec mode and forced to watch and wait till we can rejoin our old teams or join the other or kick/move someone.

Isn't there anyway to add a memory list to the plugin, which will remember what players are on what team and will force them on that team.

Also, new players joining at a start of a round is a problem, since they can choose whatever team they want before the players who have been playing since the start have loaded, so therefore losing their spots on the team.

So could a system be added that disallows new players from picking or auto-joining a team for 30 seconds etc or waits till the old players have loaded and taken over the bot or something that allows players to fully load when a new round starts?

Or back to the memory system that will remember the old players and take into count new players joining, moving the new players to whatever team has spots while keeping the old players together.

Hope you are able to understand what I mean.

Last edited by IronWarrior; 02-27-2010 at 14:35.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2010 , 08:59   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #352

Id prefer you take these Problems to the Superversus thread, because frankly, its not this plugins problem.

(its actually a problem existing in vanilla L4D2)

[and with pubstompers]
Ravine.hu
Old 02-28-2010 , 13:22   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
(its actually a problem existing in vanilla L4D2)
Yep, just experienced that. We did a teamversus, 2 guy raged, and after the mapchange, i found myself in spectator-mode. 1 opponent was in my place. Shit happens.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2010 , 13:36   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #354

Does swapping a TEAM MEMBER with a SPECTATOR work for anyone? I always find both on SPECTATOR.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2010 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #355

You havent read the command descriptions. sm_swap does not swap 2 players, but swaps any amount of players to the opposite team.

Spec has no opposite team.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2010 , 14:50   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #356

Doh, thanks for clarifying.
dacomb
Old 03-01-2010 , 19:55   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #357

@Atomic
I was curious if you could add an option or have the plugin generate a config that would allow sb_all_bot_team to be set to 0 when the server is in use as well as empty.

The reason is that since Valve released the patch with bot path finding for Versus mode the bots have a nasty habit of running out the saferoom door before all the players are loaded in.
Some folks load in slower than others for numerous reasons but it's really getting irritating having the bots run out the door.
I had sb_all_bot_team set to 0 in my config but I think your plugin overrides it or loads the command after my command so it becomes nullified.
Ravine.hu
Old 03-02-2010 , 03:58   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacomb View Post
@Atomic
I was curious if you could add an option or have the plugin generate a config that would allow sb_all_bot_team to be set to 0 when the server is in use as well as empty.

The reason is that since Valve released the patch with bot path finding for Versus mode the bots have a nasty habit of running out the saferoom door before all the players are loaded in.
Some folks load in slower than others for numerous reasons but it's really getting irritating having the bots run out the door.
I had sb_all_bot_team set to 0 in my config but I think your plugin overrides it or loads the command after my command so it becomes nullified.
Hehehe, this is what i requested HERE.
Blakeocity
Old 03-02-2010 , 04:07   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #359

Quote:
* - Bots no longer run out of the safe room before a player joins into the game

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99746
I haven't tried it, but someone has said that it works.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2010 , 18:40   Re: [L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.2.1
Reply With Quote #360

• Quote:
    Wrong Scores, missing Medkits/Weapons... - A bug L4D2 has when sb_all_bot_team is set 1. Read this and this aswell
is going to be a future fix for this or is it already fixed?