Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning

Post New Thread Reply   

dacomb
Old 01-29-2010 , 01:51   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
Reply With Quote #21

More Errors from games tonight.
Attached Files
File Type: log errors_20100129_invincibleghosts.log (5.7 KB, 164 views)
extrospect
Old 01-30-2010 , 13:13   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
Reply With Quote #22

Thanks for the info on how to block hurt events with SDKHooks tozaron, I haven't used SDKHooks before but I'm guessing that you need to have them installed on any server that wants to run this plugin? If that is the case I think I'll try using respawning first as I'd rather not have dependencies given I'm trying to make the plugin a *simple* alternative to using stripper source :>. The info is still useful though as no doubt I'll use it in the future and I'll also be using it if respawning won't work xD, so thanks again =].

I'm currently working on updating the mechanism by which the plugin works dacomb, but as soon as I have something a bit less inefficient than the buffing method up and running I'll definitely start looking into how it might be possible to block the stumble effect .

Cheers for the info on the errors guys :>, it's pretty weird though, it seems that for some reason console/bots are switching team which I don't understand xD. Have edited the code a little and this *should* stop the spam (fixed version attached below). I'm in the process of trying to rewrite it to respawn inf rather than using buffing atm, so hopefully will have a proper new version up soon =].
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (invincibleghosts.sp - 574 views - 14.9 KB)

Last edited by extrospect; 01-30-2010 at 14:30.
dacomb
Old 01-30-2010 , 13:46   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrospect View Post
it's pretty weird though, it seems that for some reason console/bots are switching team which I don't understand xD.
[L4D2] Score/Team Manager 1.1.9 is the reason...

I didn't really pay much attention to the error logs but I think I noticed it only happens on the finale round right?

Yeah, it says map 4 for each map but I'm guessing the error starts toward the end of the game...

All in all the plugin works so I wouldn't worry that it's broken. It may just freak out when Atomic's plugin does its thing.

Last edited by dacomb; 01-30-2010 at 13:48.
extrospect
Old 01-30-2010 , 14:28   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
Reply With Quote #24

Ah k, good to know where it's coming from =), hopefully the new version I put up above should stop the spam in the error logs :>, it blocks the team switch section from running if the client is a bot/console.
dacomb
Old 01-30-2010 , 14:40   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
Reply With Quote #25

cool man!

I'll run it later today and let you know how it goes.
dacomb
Old 01-31-2010 , 13:09   Re: [L4D2] Invincible Ghosts - Stops infected ghosts dying from fall dmg or drowning
Reply With Quote #26

Still get the errors with your updated plugin you posted.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just double checked the log file... They ended before I updated... It does work! Sweet! thanks man!

Last edited by dacomb; 01-31-2010 at 13:11.