Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[PAID][CSGO] Personal-Best Replay Bots for VIP (private timer)

Post New Thread Reply   

michaelrw
Old 02-22-2018 , 13:02   [PAID][CSGO] Personal-Best Replay Bots for VIP (private timer)
Reply With Quote #1

Looking to commission some work on my timer system. Replay boys are already ‘saved’ for every client, but if the time doesn’t beat the WR/SR, it is deleted. I want to allow select users to save their personal best replays, instead of having them deleted when they fail the WR check. Some of my wishes:

- a bool cvar to enable/disable the PB replays for all clients
- a bool cvar to restrict PB replays to an admin flag
- a cvar to designate which admflag to use
- a new item will need to be added to the existing !replay menu
- a naming convention for the PB replay bot files will need to be decided on (while taking into account the current system).

Overall it shouldn’t be a ton of work, but I’m definitely looking for someone with coding experience in both CSGO and timer systems. I believe most of the time will be spent learning how the current system works and the best way grab ahold of the bot data before it gets deleted. (again, you don’t need to code the actual bot; that part has already been done for you.

PM me here or steam if you’re interested and we can go into more details

OSWO
Old 02-26-2018 , 08:00   Re: [PAID][CSGO] Personal-Best Replay Bots for VIP (private timer)
Reply With Quote #2

When you say "saved" are you saving to storage, and then deleting it, or keeping it in memory. You're going to run your SSD real quick if you're running on a SSD.

I've seen another server with client specific replays, but you will run into trouble with space over time, unless you're ready to start re-partitioning and adding storage, some replays can be over a couple of mb big, even in binary form. Theoretically x10000 (players) x200 (maps) and you're running into problems.

You should have some sort of restrictions, like maybe 100 max personal replays, and you'd have to choose which ones to delete when comming to your limit, a bit shit on the UI experience but you can always have a web UI to do that (: I've seen on skillsurf bogroll was able to simulate runs in the browser, not sure if that's something you're up to look for too lol.