Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Gimme (v1.20 - 03 May 2023)

Post New Thread Reply   

ph
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-10-2022 , 07:39   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.9 08 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #21

PC Gamer -

Can you add clientpref or mysql database functionality -- players items are applied when re-connecting/joining the server.
Old 01-10-2022 , 08:49   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.9 08 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
GITHUB (or GitLab/Bitbucket/w/e)
Created at your request: https://github.com/PCGamer-Creations/gimme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_panica View Post
it seems like copying hats with an unusual effect does not work, the effect simply does not appear.
The plugin only copies and lists items with attributes (skins and effects) that were created with TF2Attributes. After much searching I still haven't found a way to read native attributes from items. If anyone knows how to read attributes at runtime please share.
Edit: Figured it out.... it will be in next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_panica View Post
It would be cool if the sm_clone command copied the paint hats
I can add that feature in the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph View Post
PC Gamer -

Can you add clientpref or mysql database functionality -- players items are applied when re-connecting/joining the server.
I can, but I'm not sure that I will. When I implemented client preferences in a previous plugin I received more complaints than compliments. The biggest complaint was how inefficient it is to waste storage resources by saving client preferences for every player that joins the server. Using client preferences would have been easier for me. However, the consensus was that using arrays was better, so I learned how to do that with this plugin.

Last edited by PC Gamer; 01-11-2022 at 07:26.
Seamusmario
Old 01-11-2022 , 12:11   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.9 08 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #23

this looks promising
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2022 , 03:40   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.10 12 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #24

Plugin in original post updated to version 1.10

This version provides an updated include file to support plugin developers. See include file for documentation.

The plugin should now properly clone items from target players. Previous version only cloned items if they were given with TF2Attributes. This version also adds paint. Paint works with !gimme, !giveitem, !clone, !cloneothers, and is added in natives.

A couple of quirky items I added: A warpaint of 1 will give an australium item. An unusual effect of 999 will give a random unusual effect. Note: this does not apply to custom weapons.

The changes to the plugin were rather extensive. Let me know if you find a bug. I believe all requested features have been implemented with the sole exception of client preferences or sql support. I'm still on the fence with that.
ph
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-14-2022 , 09:23   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.10 12 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #25

I run 3 TF2 servers that are very popular.

I really need the client preferences or sql support, this will be much appreciated.

It will only be saving client preferences for individuals with admin flag, not for everyone.
Old 01-15-2022 , 14:06   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.10 12 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #26

Some bugs I found while testing the plugin with bots:

-Cloning does NOT clone the cosmetics.

-A weird occurence where bonk boy would conflict with the brutal bouffant, causing the latter to be removed (maybe there's more like this).

-giving permanent items to players doesn't work for paints unless you do this (maybe its the same for sm_gimmep ?):

instead of "sm_giveitemp Player Item 0 0 16" you do "sm_giveitemp Player Item 0 0 16 16"

SUGGESTIONS:

-Add cvar for toggling whether or not players with cloned items retain them upon dying.
-Add cvar to toggle whether or not conflicting items can be kept.

Also is there a list of paint ID's? I ask because the ones that the plugin allows aren't the ones in the item index wiki page.

Awesome plugin btw

Last edited by AfonsoTheEnthusiast; 01-15-2022 at 14:07.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2022 , 01:39   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.10 12 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfonsoTheEnthusiast View Post
Some bugs I found while testing the plugin with bots:
Thanks for the input! Plugin in orignal post updated to version 1.11.

This version fixes bugs mentioned by AfonsoTheEnthusiast. It also adds a few features.

New convar:
sm_gimme_enforce_cosmetic_conflicts (0 allows cosmetics to overlap each other. 1(default) prevents overlapping of cosmetics)

New Player Command:

!clonep <source> - Makes you a permanent clone of the source player. You will have the same weapons and cosmetics as the source player, even if you die or touch a locker. Note, you retain the items at the time of the command. Meaning if you issue the command when the source player was a soldier you'll continue to be a soldier and have those same soldier items, even if the source player changes to a different class.

New Admin Commands:
!cloneothersp <targets> <source> - I changed the target/source order on cloning others to make more sense. This version of the command will permanently make all targets a clone of the source player. They will continue to spawn as the source class and have the source cosmetics and weapons, even if they die or touch a locker.

!stripall (targets) - Removes model from target player. Removes all cosmetics and wearable items, spellbook, and grappling hook from the target player. Removes all player weapons and replaces them with their class appropriate stock weapons.

!stripitems (targets) - Same as !stripall but only removes cosmetic and wearable items.

!stripweapons (targets) - Same as !stripall but only removes and replaces weapons.

!regen (targets) - Will regenerate the player the same as if they touched a resupply locker. Useful if you want to return the player to their originally equipped items.

New feature:
Banned items. You can edit the sourcecode to add banned items by item definition index. Your banned item index number goes into the bannedItems array. Be sure to increment the array number by the number of index items you are adding.

Paint IDs used by this plugin:
PHP Code:
1A color similar to slate
A deep commitment to purple
A distinctive lack of hue
A manns mint
After eight
Aged Moustache Grey
An Extraordinary abundance of tinge
Australium gold
Color no 216-190-216
Dark salmon injustice
Drably olive
Indubitably green
Mann co orange
Muskelmannbraun
Noble hatters violet
Peculiarly drab tincture
Pink as hell
Radigan conagher brown
A bitter taste of defeat and lime
The color of a gentlemanns business pants
Ye olde rustic colour
Zepheniahs greed
An air of debonair
Balaclavas are forever
Cream spirit
Operators overalls
Team spirit
The value of teamwork
Waterlogged lab coat 

Last edited by PC Gamer; 01-16-2022 at 02:16.
AfonsoTheEnthusiast
Old 01-16-2022 , 10:17   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.10 12 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Thanks for the input! Plugin in orignal post updated to version 1.11.

This version fixes bugs mentioned by AfonsoTheEnthusiast. It also adds a few features.
I didn't expect you to release a new version this quickly

Plugin is way better than before, however there are 4 more bugs I found with bots:

-cloning does not pass the cosmetic paints

-cloning also seems to make a random weapon/cosmetic festivized for some reason (even those weapons that normally can't be festivized)

-if you give multiple permanent weapons, sometimes the viewmodel becomes invisible upon spawning until you switch to another weapon.

-Voodoo cursed souls don't appear properly (this one was in the previous version but i forgot to report it, sorry)

Last edited by AfonsoTheEnthusiast; 01-16-2022 at 10:21. Reason: adding another bug to the bug report.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2022 , 04:24   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.10 12 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfonsoTheEnthusiast View Post
there are 4 more bugs I found with bots:
-cloning does not pass the cosmetic paints
-cloning also seems to make a random weapon/cosmetic festivized for some reason (even those weapons that normally can't be festivized)
-if you give multiple permanent weapons, sometimes the viewmodel becomes invisible upon spawning until you switch to another weapon.
-Voodoo cursed souls don't appear properly (this one was in the previous version but i forgot to report it, sorry)
Thanks for the input! However, this time I don't have much to change for you. I tried many many times to recreate the problem stated above regarding giving paints to Bots. However, in all of the tests I performed it worked 100% of the time. If it happens again to you maybe you can document the steps/commands/cosmetics involved and post it here.

By design the plugin will see if the newly created weapon can be festivised. If so, it will have a 1 in 30 chance to become festivised. I've temporarily removed that while I reconsider if and how to implement a better way. Perhaps making a convar to allow server operators to determine the percentage chance of a weapon becoming festivised.

Weapons are sometimes not visible until the player switches them. Unfortunately that is a Valve bug. To help combat the problem I made it where the player's weapons are switched for them after given a weapon. Hopefully that will help. Time will tell.

Becoming a zombie is beyond the scope of this plugin. If you really want to become a zombie you can try the plugin called '[TF2] Zombies' written by... me. Here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2745709

The plugin in the original post was upgraded to version 1.12. This version fixes a few bugs I noticed while hunting for a paint bug.

Prior versions did not always give the correct amount of ammo for non custom weapons of a different class. Earlier versions fixed the problem for custom weapons but I wasn't aware the problem also existed in non custom weapons. Now it's fixed.

Prior versions did not always properly remove the demoshield from a player in some very rare cases, even if they changed classes. Now it's fixed.

Last edited by PC Gamer; 01-17-2022 at 04:25.
ph
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-17-2022 , 14:16   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.10 12 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
client preferences or sql support, this will be much appreciated.
It will only be saving client preferences for individuals with admin flag, not for everyone.
Can this be implemented?

Last edited by ph; 01-17-2022 at 14:16.