Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

View Poll Results: What do you think of Mattie's MugMod?
Great/Brilliant 25 47.17%
Good 12 22.64%
Okay 5 9.43%
Boring 4 7.55%
Terrible/Stupid 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Mattie's MugMod, NewbieBoost, GrenadeFest - Updated Mar13

Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2005 , 12:22   Mattie's MugMod, NewbieBoost, GrenadeFest - Updated Mar13

Update: For the latest information on these plugins, please visit:
http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums and scroll down to the appropriate plugin forum.

---------------------------------------------

Today, I released Beta1 of my GrenadeFest, NewbieBoost, and MugMod server-side plugins for Counter-Strike: Source. They require no client update as they're strictly server-side (i.e. non-mods). You can download them from http://mattie.info/cs.

In addition, a small beta server is up for those looking to try them out @ 207.36.209.213:27015.

Brief descriptions:

MugMod is a Counter-Strike: Source add-on that makes all knife kills result in a 'mugging'. Any time a player is knifed to death, the killer steals all of the victim's money. You can enable mugging through the "mattie_mugmod 1" server variable.

NewbieBoost is a Counter-Strike: Source add-on that gives handicaps to players with really low scores to help even the playing field. This makes things more challenging for veteran players and keeps new players in the game long enough to enjoy themselves. You can enable the handicaps with the "mattie_newbieboost 1" server value.

GrenadeFest is a Counter-Strike: Source add-on that makes all players participate in grenade-focused combat. Enabling GrenadeFest gives players unlimited flash, smoke, and high-explosive grenades. It also takes away their money and ammo clips so they only have limited access to traditional weapons. I expect you'll find Mattie's GrenadeFest to be a blast. You can enable the mode with the "mattie_grenadefest 1" server value.

---------------------------------
Update: Linux 32-bit versions of MugMod and NewbieBoost are now available for testing. Visit the above website for more details.

Update #2: Linux 32-bit version of GrenadeFest is now available for testing. Visit the above website for more details.

Update #3: MugMod 0.5.2 released. Both Linux and Win32 versions updated, visit link above for files.
  • * Added mugmod_announce and mugmod_sounds variable to disable messages/sounds from MugMod.
    * Added an "owned" sound (from CS bots) when someone is mugged.
    * Stopped allowing mugging of your own team members.
    * Fixed a bug where players could switch to a knife after throwing a grenade to mug those who die from hegrenades.
    * Turned off most of the server console spam caused by mugmod.
Please let me know immediately if you have any problems with the new version and I'll see if I can help.

Update #4: MugMod source code has been released here and on my website-- it's a VS.NET 7.0 project. The license disallows releasing your own MugMod variant, but you're welcome to use it as a reference for other non-mugging plugins you write.

Update #5-6: The recent Valve update on 2/24 broke the money-handling of these three plugins. I've updated the plugins on my website and they should all handle money correctly. Please update as soon as possible.

Update #7: The recent Valve update on 3/09 broke the money-handling of these three plugins. I've updated the plugins on my website and they should all handle money correctly. I've also created a contigency variable for the next time Valve breaks these plugins.

In addition, I've added the following features:
  • * GrenadeFest now supports the "mattie_hinder" server variable. Set this to 1 and all players will begin the round with 1 life. The new server variable can be used independently of a GrenadeFest. It can make for a very cautious and strategic game, especially among expert players.
    * NewbieBoost now supports penalizing players with high kill ratios by reducing their starting life/money for every kill they have more than death (i.e. the opposite of the boost newbies get). This helps balance things even more and makes for a real challenge for expert players. See website for variable list.

Update #8: After triple-checking before, I decided to check one more time. You guys were right (the customer always is, eh?)-- the Linux binary for mugmod was out of date in the package on my website. I've updated it to the proper version and it should contain the hotfix I mention above for the last Valve update. Please let me know if you have any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mattie_mugmod_src_0-5-3.zip (17.4 KB, 239 views)
Sjaakie
Old 01-31-2005 , 12:50  

cool !!!

make it work for linux ;)
than it would own

www.team-instinct.nl
217.67.239.42:27015 + hlstats
217.67.239.43:27015 + hlstats
Send a message via ICQ to Sjaakie
Schieni
Old 01-31-2005 , 13:43  

Server crashed with the plugin....
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2005 , 13:48   Which plugin?

Schieni, which plugin caused the problem?

Do you have any other 'creative' plugins installed? I've tested these all with Mani's admin plugin, but not with any other plugins that are more intrusive. Could be a conflict there.

Do you have any entries from the server log before it died?

Does it crash before you even enable any of the plugin-specific server variables?

Thanks for any additional information you have.
InspectorG
Old 01-31-2005 , 13:56  

Linux version please!!!
Cr3V3TT3
Old 01-31-2005 , 15:11  

Sounds good gw
Send a message via MSN to Cr3V3TT3
Sjaakie
Old 01-31-2005 , 17:19  

WE NEED LINUX srry for the caps

www.team-instinct.nl
217.67.239.42:27015 + hlstats
217.67.239.43:27015 + hlstats
Send a message via ICQ to Sjaakie
Schieni
Old 02-01-2005 , 02:16  

I forgot to say in my pm: I used the he-plugin
Snip3r
Old 02-01-2005 , 05:48  

I was getting excited there. Grenadefest would save me having to keep turning cheats on and off while executing "give weapon_hegrenade" on all clients. Please sort out linux version
[TGC]spin
Old 02-01-2005 , 13:17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip3r
I was getting excited there. Grenadefest would save me having to keep turning cheats on and off while executing "give weapon_hegrenade" on all clients. Please sort out linux version
Is there anyone able to linux this pluggin