Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2007 , 22:17   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #181

No.

Stripper edits the map entity string, so it can make changes to the entities that are placed in the map by the map creator.
Viper2026
Old 11-10-2007 , 16:47   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #182

I'm running a counter-strike source surf server with mani 1.2r and metamod 1.4.2. I also have eventsripts, eventscript tools, and ghostchat running through metamod. The server is running on windows 2003.

When I type stripper_dump in any map, my server simply crashes. Is there any fix for this or known problem?
Eloking
Old 11-24-2007 , 17:04   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2026 View Post
I'm running a counter-strike source surf server with mani 1.2r and metamod 1.4.2. I also have eventsripts, eventscript tools, and ghostchat running through metamod. The server is running on windows 2003.

When I type stripper_dump in any map, my server simply crashes. Is there any fix for this or known problem?
Yeah...the same thing happen to me. I also have metamod 1.4.2 and I'm on Vista.
GriMz
Old 12-10-2007 , 05:48   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #184

so how do you go about stripping all spawn points and recreating them?

do i do something like:
remove:
{
"classname" "/.*info_player_counterterrorist.*/"
}
{
"classname" "/.*info_player_terrorist.*/"
}

and then add each point individually like:

add:
{
"origin" "x y z"
"angles" "x v z"
"classname" "info_player_counterterrorist"
}
{
"origin" "x y z"
"angles" "x y z"
"classname" "info_player_terrorist"
}

cant figure out how to determine proper x,y,x points.

and then i need to know how to swap buy zones as well to increase them. and how to determine proper points for that as well.

ill have to do this for about 30 maps.

i understand i have to map map specific cfg files for that, but i dont know the entity names and how to retrieve coordinates, and how they should be coded.

all i have to alter is spawns and buyzones.

Last edited by GriMz; 12-10-2007 at 06:10.
Snipa_URP
Old 12-10-2007 , 16:55   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #185

I've got stripper working properly on my TF2 server, and I've been trying to add decals though it like I used to be able to do though Stripper2. I think I've found the proper classname "infodecal" but I don't think I'm getting close enough to the walls for it to work, is there some way to check if I'm screwing up horribly?

Never mind, I got it working XD

Last edited by Snipa_URP; 12-10-2007 at 21:19.
Austin
Old 12-14-2007 , 03:37   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriMz View Post
so how do you go about stripping all spawn points and recreating them?

cant figure out how to determine proper x,y,x points.

and then i need to know how to swap buy zones as well to increase them. and how to determine proper points for that as well.
If you have striper installed and working..
You strip out spawn points like this:
filter:
{
}
{
}

You add in spawn points like this:
add:
{
"origin" "-1050 -653 193"
"angles" "0 140 0"
}
{
"origin" "470 2350 -47 "
"angles" "0 0 0"
}

To find the x,y,z cords start up a lan game and run over to the spot where you want a new spawn point and go to the console and type status
This will list out your x,y,z cord.
Then copy the lines above and change the x ,y z values. (the origin line has then in this order x y z). I think you have to subtract about 50 from the z value if you want the spawn point to be right above the floor otherwise the z value from the status command will place you a bit above the floor which is ok too.

Once you are in a LAN game type this handy command.
map_showspawnpoints

This will show you where all of the spawn points are!
They show up as green rectangles. The ones that are in "bad" spots, which would spawn you into walls and things show up in red. Note there is a bug where the first spawn point always shows up in red even tho it is ok....

The buyzones are "point based entities" which means they get their size and position from a brush in the map and you can't change them with stripper other then removing them. (stripper for cz/cz 1.6 could clone brush entities, anyone listening?!)

Unfortunately for css you HAVE to have buyzones to be able to buy and your spawn point has to be in the buy zone to buy right at the start of the round. On cs 1.6 and cz if you removed all buyzones you could then place spawns anywhere and the players could buy at the start of the round... Blahh progress!

If you find out how to affect the buyzones let me know..

I have hacked a number of maps to have 32 players per side.
You can see how I did this by grabbing my striper cfg files from here:
http://home.mindspring.com/~austinbots/

Note I added the 4 assault rifles at the spawn area for t and ct (so ts can have ct guns and ct can have ts guns.) If you don't like this remove those lines from the cfg files.

I wrote a metamod plugin to hack maps by walking around and dropping weapons and spawn points simply by pressing a few keys, but I haven't had the time to work with the hl2 skd and metamod programming (yet.) When I do I want to port this plug in to mm and stripper so all you have to do is walk around setting up spawns, guns, nades, exploding barrels what ever and it saves the stripper config file for you!

Last edited by Austin; 12-14-2007 at 03:46.
GriMz
Old 12-23-2007 , 15:18   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #187

yeah the buy zone is the big thing, thats kind of what makes or breaks it.

can anyone tell us how to do this?
Old 01-23-2008 , 02:29   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
My server crashes when I use Stripper.
OS Windows
Plugins:
-Metamod
-Zombiemod
-Mani
-Eventscripts
-Es_tools

I made a map cfg that contains:

add:
{
"origin" "1091 442 65"
"model" "props/cs_militia/dryer.mdl"
}

Did I do something wrong??
Same thing is happening on my Surf server. Server will also crash upon entering the stripper_dump command in rcon. I'd appreciate it if Bailo checked this out.
Electric Warrior
Old 02-22-2008 , 22:29   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #189

I have been using stripper on my 4 HL2DM servers for a long time now and found it very useful for adding or removing some entities from various custom maps.

Since the release of the new Metamod: Source 1.4.3, if I start Metamod via the gamesinfo.txt file, then Stripper works great, but if I try to use the new way of starting Metamod via a VDF file, my server will not start up, or just go into a start and crash loop.

I tried using the VDF method of starting Metamod, but with Stripper disabled, and the servers start up OK. As soon as I enable Stripper again the problem reappears.

I like the idea of having Metamod starting via a VDF file instead of having to update the gameinfo.txt everytime there is a Valve Source update, but I also really rely on Stripper to have my servers running the way our players enjoy.

Is the there anything you can do here BAILOPAN to update Stripper to run with the VDF Metamod start please?
Send a message via ICQ to Electric Warrior Send a message via AIM to Electric Warrior Send a message via MSN to Electric Warrior Send a message via Yahoo to Electric Warrior Send a message via Skype™ to Electric Warrior
steambob
Old 03-03-2008 , 18:49   Re: Stripper:Source (1.1b Released)
Reply With Quote #190

Electric Warrior: are you sure you are using Stripper 1.1b and not 1.1a?
I've tested the Metamod:Source 1.4.3 + VDF file (no entry in gameinfo.txt) and Stripper 1.1b combination on HL2DM servers - works without a problem.