Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?

Post New Thread Reply   

murpher
Old 04-03-2013 , 19:52   ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey everyone,

So I updated my server to the new steampipe version of CSS. And everything appears to be working fine except as soon as a player joins the server, it crashes the server maybe 2 seconds later. Furthest I can get is past the MOTD then the server restarts.

I tried a fresh install of ZR and that didn't seem to help. I also tried downloading r737 patch for ZR but that didn't help either.

Metamod version:
Code:
Metamod:Source version 1.9.3-dev
Build ID: 815:79c764db2856-dev
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: Apr  3 2013
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/
Sourcemod Version:
Code:
 SourceMod Version Information:
    SourceMod Version: 1.5.0-dev+3822
    SourcePawn Engine: SourcePawn 1.1, jit-x86 (build 1.5.0-dev+3822)
    SourcePawn API: v1 = 4, v2 = 4
    Compiled on: Mar 21 2013 17:46:51
    Build ID: 3822:038e250e20f3
    http://www.sourcemod.net/
SM Plugins not including zr (no crashing)
Spoiler

Is there some type of updated file that I need to install to get ZR to work? Sorry if there was already a post about this, I looked around but I didn't see anything, but if there was please do link me.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2013 , 20:29   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #2

Error logs? We need something to go off.

Try removing all those plugins and load ZR using just basic SM + MM and make sure it is Z:R that's the issue, and grab some logs!
murpher
Old 04-03-2013 , 20:41   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon View Post
Error logs? We need something to go off.

Try removing all those plugins and load ZR using just basic SM + MM and make sure it is Z:R that's the issue, and grab some logs!
As the server was setup, there was absolutely NOTHING in the logs. (cstrike/logs & cstrike/addons/sourcemod/logs)

I wiped my addons and cfg folder right now, and am installing completely fresh versions of sourcemod and metamod (most recent stable snapshots of each) and also fresh ZR 3.1, will report back with what happens.
murpher
Old 04-03-2013 , 20:49   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #4

Results from fresh install of everything is that the server is still crashing when a client joins.
All of the log files in cstrike/logs are 0 bytes.

Sourcemod did write a log file though:

addons/sourcemod/logs/L20130403.log
Code:
L 04/03/2013 - 19:46:48: SourceMod log file session started (file "L20130403.log") (Version "1.5.0-dev+3824")
L 04/03/2013 - 19:46:48: -------- Mapchange to de_dust2 --------
L 04/03/2013 - 19:46:49: [UPDATER] Successfully updated gamedata file "core.games/blacklist.plugins.txt"
L 04/03/2013 - 19:46:49: [UPDATER] SourceMod has been updated, please reload it or restart your server.
L 04/03/2013 - 19:47:07: SourceMod log file session started (file "L20130403.log") (Version "1.5.0-dev+3824")
L 04/03/2013 - 19:47:07: -------- Mapchange to de_dust2 --------
L 04/03/2013 - 19:47:36: SourceMod log file session started (file "L20130403.log") (Version "1.5.0-dev+3824")
L 04/03/2013 - 19:47:36: -------- Mapchange to de_dust2 --------
L 04/03/2013 - 19:47:55: SourceMod log file session started (file "L20130403.log") (Version "1.5.0-dev+3824")
L 04/03/2013 - 19:47:55: -------- Mapchange to de_dust2 --------
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2013 , 20:53   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #5

It'd be in errors_xxxxxx.log if there was a major issue with a plugin, there's also another one called sourcemod_fatal.log in the main cstrike directory for when things really go bad. Is the SteamPIPE update in beta at the moment? What happens when you remove Z:R and just run a vanilla CS:S server with SM/MM?
murpher
Old 04-03-2013 , 20:59   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon View Post
It'd be in errors_xxxxxx.log if there was a major issue with a plugin, there's also another one called sourcemod_fatal.log in the main cstrike directory for when things really go bad. Is the SteamPIPE update in beta at the moment? What happens when you remove Z:R and just run a vanilla CS:S server with SM/MM?
If I disable ZR, the server works fine. Steampipe for CS:S is currently in beta, but what worries me is that in just 13 days it will be pushed and be sent out to all css servers & players so I was just trying to future proof and make sure everything still worked ok. I have found one server that has ZR working, how ever I have no clue who is running it or how they got it working :/
murpher
Old 04-03-2013 , 21:42   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #7

Ok so I've used Ravu al Hemio's Gamedata and good news is ZR is no longer crashing the server! How ever, zombies can pick up weapons. (I haven't been able to test what happens when they shoot other players, as no one has joined the server.)

I understand that using steampipe is a beta, how ever the zombies being able to pick up guns may be something that will have to be fixed for ZR. I don't know if official sm gamedata when the update comes out will automatically fix that, but I feel like it is something one of the devs should look into.

PS I'll attach the gamedata files if anyone else wants to try messing around with the steampipe update.
(All credit goes to Ravu al Hemio)
Attached Files
File Type: zip css-steampipebeta-gamedata.zip (2.1 KB, 158 views)
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-04-2013 , 00:30   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #8

I'd say it's got nothing to do with Z:R believe it or not. SDKHooks will need to be updated, Z:R merely calls on functions from SM and SDKHooks for a lot of things, when that breaks critical functions in Z:R break too.

You'll have to sit tight and wait for the devs to look into it or revert your server, but you're better off letting them know.

Last edited by Jargon; 04-04-2013 at 00:32.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2013 , 12:58   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #9

I'm a bit behind all these updates now. ZR basically only depend on SourceMod and SDK Hooks. Unless there are some major changes in the way the engine behaves in this update it should function as usual. As Jargon mentioned, ZR just call stuff through other dependencies which rarely change but may break due to updates.

The only concern with a new content system is the file paths to resources. ZR use relative paths from the root game directory and SourceMod will handle the rest. If the folder structure will be changed we need an update.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
murpher
Old 04-04-2013 , 15:30   Re: ZR Not working on CSS Steampipe?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
I'm a bit behind all these updates now. ZR basically only depend on SourceMod and SDK Hooks. Unless there are some major changes in the way the engine behaves in this update it should function as usual. As Jargon mentioned, ZR just call stuff through other dependencies which rarely change but may break due to updates.

The only concern with a new content system is the file paths to resources. ZR use relative paths from the root game directory and SourceMod will handle the rest. If the folder structure will be changed we need an update.
Good news on the file structure, for servers it works exactly the same as before (atleast on the beta). I put all of my custom models, sounds and overlays in the same folders and they downloaded and worked just fine in-game.