Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (RTD) (v2.5.4, 2 Mar 2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Whai
Old 10-07-2018 , 10:04   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil25 View Post
Version 2.1.0 released
Mercs Die Twice — Revive yourself after death.

I've seen the "rtd2_perks.default", so how "Mercs Die Twice" works ? because I saw that perk have this :

PHP Code:
"64"

{

"name"            "Mercs Die Twice"
        "good"            "1"
        "sound"            "vo/scout_mvm_resurrect04.mp3"
        "token"            "mercsdietwice"
        "time"            "0"         
////////Shouldn't be "-1" ?

"class"            "0"
        "weapons"        "0"
        "settings"

{

"protection"    "3.0" // Seconds of ubercharge after resurrection

"health"        "80" // Percentage of max health after resurrection

}

"tags"            "mercsdietwice, mercs, merc, shadows, die, twice, revice, death, sekiro, good"
        "call"            "MercsDieTwice_Call"

Old 10-07-2018 , 10:11   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whai View Post
I've seen the "rtd2_perks.default", so how "Mercs Die Twice" works ? because I saw that perk have this
Check out the detailed perk description here.

Technically, it's artificial buddha effect but it simulates dying when health reaches 1. Then you use the voice commands to heal back up and regain control of your character.

So you don't actually die with it, which is why it's just a regular timed perk. Using the "kill" command still kills you and forces the perk to end.
Whai
Old 10-07-2018 , 10:22   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #163

Quote:
Check out the detailed perk description here.

Technically, it's artificial buddha effect but it simulates dying when health reaches 1. Then you use the voice commands to heal back up and regain control of your character.

So you don't actually die with it, which is why it's just a regular timed perk. Using the "kill" command still kills you and forces the perk to end.
Thanks for this reply.

Also the author of the plugin "Friendly Mode" said to not use this plugin for now Here is what he said

So I want to know if is it possible to remove this include file. Because I had to remove this include file to edit the file
Old 10-07-2018 , 10:31   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #164

Quote:
Thanks for this reply.

Also the author of the plugin "Friendly Mode" said to not use this plugin for now Here is what he said

So I want to know if is it possible to remove this include file. Because I had to remove this include file to edit the file
Friendly Mode is just a compilation dependency. It has no effect if the server isn't running it alongside RTD. Compiling RTD with its include file shouldn't cause any problems.

If you're editing the RTD plugin I encourage you to create a module instead. You can check out the API Documentation to see if it can achieve whatever you want to do, or just ask here if it's possible.
Whai
Old 10-07-2018 , 10:52   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
Friendly Mode is just a compilation dependency. It has no effect if the server isn't running it alongside RTD. Compiling RTD with its include file shouldn't cause any problems.
I only have the "Friendly Simple" include file. I didn't find the include file of Friendly Mode Plugin)

Quote:
If you're editing the RTD plugin I encourage you to create a module instead. You can check out the API Documentation to see if it can achieve whatever you want to do, or just ask here if it's possible.
I've edited this plugin just for changing commands access (Yes I know, I could do that on admin_overrides.cfg) and for changing the color of the hud timer(Yes a little change) and maybe other things that I'll need
Old 10-07-2018 , 11:07   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #166

Quote:
I only have the "Friendly Simple" include file. I didn't find the include file of Friendly Mode Plugin)
I see the plugin's repo is missing. The .inc file I currently have is uploaded here, so you can use this one.

I don't believe Friendly Mode died just yet and I want to keep whatever support there is for it in RTD. I will update the OP with this link.

Quote:
I've edited this plugin just for changing commands access (Yes I know, I could do that on admin_overrides.cfg) and for changing the color of the hud timer(Yes a little change) and maybe other things that I'll need
And yeah, you can't really change the HUD text color with the current API. You're welcome to submit an issue requesting this feature to be included in the next version. Editing the plugin each update tends to be cumbersome.
Whai
Old 10-07-2018 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
I see the plugin's repo is missing. The .inc file I currently have is uploaded here, so you can use this one.

I don't believe Friendly Mode died just yet and I want to keep whatever support there is for it in RTD. I will update the OP with this link.

And yeah, you can't really change the HUD text color with the current API. You're welcome to submit an issue requesting this feature to be included in the next version. Editing the plugin each update tends to be cumbersome.
Thanks for the include file. I'll maybe submit an issue
Old 10-07-2018 , 14:53   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #168

For some reason,
Outline perk doesn't work and the plugin doesn't detect "rtd2_perks.cfg" and "rtd2_perks.custom.cfg"
I unloaded all my plugins exept tf2attributes and rtd but nothing fixed

I'm finishing the custom admin menu... I'll post maybe tomorrow

Last edited by Whai; 10-07-2018 at 15:00.
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-08-2018 , 05:36   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
For some reason,
Outline perk doesn't work and the plugin doesn't detect "rtd2_perks.cfg" and "rtd2_perks.custom.cfg"
I unloaded all my plugins exept tf2attributes and rtd but nothing fixed
Outline may not work based on the graphical settings of the client, which is unfortunate. Make sure to increase them to max to check it.

And there isn't such a thing as rtd2_perks.cfg, you're probably thinking about rtd2_perks.default.cfg. Not having the default config might affect the custom one not being read, but I'm not certain of that. Everything works on my end, however, and other people don't report this issue.

Quote:
I'm finishing the custom admin menu... I'll post maybe tomorrow
Thanks, I'll make sure to include that in the OP.
Whai
Old 10-08-2018 , 08:21   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice Revamped (v2.1.0, 07-10-2018)
Reply With Quote #170

Quote:
And there isn't such a thing as rtd2_perks.cfg, you're probably thinking about rtd2_perks.default.cfg. Not having the default config might affect the custom one not being read, but I'm not certain of that. Everything works on my end, however, and other people don't report this issue.
Here is what you written
PHP Code:
#define DESC_PERK_DURATION "Default time for the perk to last. This value can be overridden for any perk in rtd2_perks.cfg" 
but I know :
PHP Code:
BuildPath(Path_SMsPathsizeof(sPath), "configs/rtd2_perks.custom.cfg"); 
But on server console it says that I haven't customised perks : "Customized 0 perks."

Should I upload my "rtd2_perks.custom.cfg" ?
(what I did is copy the "rtd2_perks.default.cfg" and paste to the "rtd2_perks.custom.cfg" and removing comments lines).
Maybe there are somethings I did wrong

Last edited by Whai; 03-06-2019 at 06:31.