Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Where does Sourcemod stored banned users' Steam IDs?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-05-2008 , 20:17   Re: Where does Sourcemod stored banned users' Steam IDs?

The write commands function proerly. The way that bans are stored is what's wrong. There's no way (without aid of a plugin) to store temporary bans (non-permanent ones) beacuse the way the ban system was made.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-06-2008 , 10:41   Re: Where does Sourcemod stored banned users' Steam IDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
The write commands function proerly. The way that bans are stored is what's wrong. There's no way (without aid of a plugin) to store temporary bans (non-permanent ones) beacuse the way the ban system was made.
So only performing a permanent ban will work correctly with the "write" commands, but not for temporary bans? So if I had done permanent bans on the 2 people, their info would have been written correctly to the *.cfg files. Instead, I had done a 1 week ban (temporary) and so only 1 Steam ID (partial information) was written to the *.cfg files.

Can I make permanent bans manually? As in, can I just add Steam IDs to the banned_user.cfg file (and banned_ip.cfg)? If so, what type of ban will that be, temporary or permanent?

Thanks very much for responding on this topic, b/c I think it helps alot for those of us that cannot implement use of a database.
alpetras
Old 07-27-2009 , 08:08   Re: Where does Sourcemod stored banned users' Steam IDs?

hi
i have a similar problem and i think this is the most appropriate thread for me to post.

when i ban somebody temporarily, the ban stays in effect more than it should. say a days ban can work for a week till i delete it manually via HLSW.
how should SourceMod handle the temporary bans? are the temp bans stored in SM catch or anywhere else?
kem008
Old 12-07-2013 , 04:40   Re: Where does Sourcemod stored banned users' Steam IDs?

If I use sm_banip steamid 0
it said [SM] Ban has been added.
but I cannot see it on the banned_ip.cfg
and I tried to use listip and listid plugin and it show nothing when I am checking the banned ip and id
Closed Thread