Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?

Post New Thread Reply   

Static2601
Old 10-06-2014 , 20:07   Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #1

Was looking for a plugin to change regular ctf, payload, cp, etc maps to arena so they can be played normally in vsh or ff2. I was going to write my own but not gonna waste my time if someone has already done this, also not sure if its even possible since some entities may require a map restart to work. Ive seen others running maps like sawmill in, what seems like, arena. thanks.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2014 , 20:34   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #2

Read the Q&A/FAQ section in the FF2 or VSH threads. They exist for a reason.

Though I'd suggest only changing koth_ maps to arena mode (or any maps that only have one CP).
Old 10-06-2014 , 20:54   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #3

Oh. I thought stripper source was only for removing entities from a bsp so you don't have to decompile and recompile. Guess it does do that but not way I was thinking. Ill give this a try. thanks
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2014 , 05:23   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #4

stripper source can do almost anything to entities in a map without you needing to recompile the map. It's like entspy but as a config file and no need to re-save the map.

Read the Q&A/FAQ/Tutorial for Stripper:Source. It explains the add/modify/replace/regex/etc availability.

By the way, there is a map called arena_sawmill. Check your tf/maps folder.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-07-2014 at 05:23.
Spyper
Old 10-07-2014 , 05:52   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #5

Its also working with trade maps,but sometimes crashes
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-07-2014 , 13:35   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #6

VSH isn't really meant to operate on most game modes. Even converting KOTH maps can cause problems as VSH only works around doors and not respawn room visualizers and other obstacles.
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2014 , 13:52   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #7

But you caaan use stripper:source to help with that too. I have plr_hightower working.
Old 10-18-2014 , 19:56   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #8

OK, thanks. I was able to convert mvm, ctf, cp, pl, koth maps to work with ff2. One thing I was wondering, can I switch off the stripper from the game, say I want to run ff2 on all maps, then turn it off to play normally? I havent found a way yet.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2014 , 11:49   Re: Is there a plugin to change gamemodes of a map to arena?
Reply With Quote #9

Config on a map per map basis.