Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CS:GO Update broke SM/meta (June 23rd)

Post New Thread Reply   

EE171799845
Old 06-26-2022 , 13:03   Re: CS:GO Update broke SM/meta (June 23rd)
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards View Post
You can try using this as well (It's open source). This automatically patches the inputsystem.dll when srcds boots on windows and should fix the issue where the server automatically shuts down if you are not running the steam client on the same system as the srcds instance.
Thank you very much for your help, but I tried your stuff, but still quit after flashing. I also logged in to steam and downloaded csgo, but it was useless. The problem still exists

Last edited by EE171799845; 06-26-2022 at 13:28.
Cruze
Veteran Member
Old 06-26-2022 , 15:56   Re: CS:GO Update broke SM/meta (June 23rd)
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE171799845 View Post
Thank you very much for your help, but I tried your stuff, but still quit after flashing. I also logged in to steam and downloaded csgo, but it was useless. The problem still exists
I faced the same. I updated my metamod to the latest dev build and it started working.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-26-2022 , 18:41   Re: CS:GO Update broke SM/meta (June 23rd)
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE171799845 View Post
Yes it's because we have 2 major crash issues with the latest update. The first is from the inputsystem.dll file erroring on load and closing the process if the steam client api isn't loaded. That's what my patch\plugin fixes automatically and should re-update the inputsystem.dll when valve release their next csgo update. The second crash issue is due to tier1 changes to the keyvalues system. This requires 3rd party valve server plugins to be recompiled with the newest changes. That means metatmod and sourcemod and anything else that uses keyvalue systems as a VSP. sourcemod and metatmod have already been updated and you just need the newest builds and that should resolve your second problem. If you are still crashing you should check if you have any other addons (.dll/.vdf) inside your `csgo\addons\` folder. Disable these and restart your server, if it works then you need those plugins updated as well.

If none of this works then you should see if a mini crash dump file is created inside your root srcds folder and you can pm me it or share it here for others to look at the exact issue.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 06-26-2022 , 19:00   Re: CS:GO Update broke SM/meta (June 23rd)
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards View Post
Yes it's because we have 2 major crash issues with the latest update. The first is from the inputsystem.dll file erroring on load and closing the process if the steam client api isn't loaded. That's what my patch\plugin fixes automatically and should re-update the inputsystem.dll when valve release their next csgo update. The second crash issue is due to tier1 changes to the keyvalues system. This requires 3rd party valve server plugins to be recompiled with the newest changes. That means metatmod and sourcemod and anything else that uses keyvalue systems as a VSP. sourcemod and metatmod have already been updated and you just need the newest builds and that should resolve your second problem. If you are still crashing you should check if you have any other addons (.dll/.vdf) inside your `csgo\addons\` folder. Disable these and restart your server, if it works then you need those plugins updated as well.

If none of this works then you should see if a mini crash dump file is created inside your root srcds folder and you can pm me it or share it here for others to look at the exact issue.
Are you sure your dll works?
I can't find any -usegh in your dll and its source code.
Is -usegh a valve command?

EDIT: Yes, -usegh is a valve command.

I have the same problem as EE171799845. -usegh didn't help.
Attached Files
File Type: mdmp srcds_crash_2022_6_26T23_25_35C0.mdmp (69.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by claudiuhks; 06-26-2022 at 19:26.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-26-2022 , 19:29   Re: CS:GO Update broke SM/meta (June 23rd)
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
Are you sure your dll works?
I can't find any -usegh in your dll and its source code.
Is -usegh a valve command?

EDIT: Yes, -usegh is a valve command.

I have the same problem as EE171799845. -usegh didn't help.
It should work but I admittedly haven't had anyone else test it in their windows environment. Do you happen to have a srcds crash dump file you can share?

edit: yeah that is the exact crash my plugin is supposed to fix, you put the .dll inside the "srcds\bin\" folder and not the "srcds\csgo\bin\" folder right?

Last edited by backwards; 06-26-2022 at 19:31.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 06-26-2022 , 19:57   Re: CS:GO Update broke SM/meta (June 23rd)
Reply With Quote #56

Worked! Thanks.