Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Attentions all mods/users

Post New Thread Reply   

usedtobe_wws
Old 08-17-2004 , 21:37  
Reply With Quote #11

isp notifyed, account will be undergoing suspension pend invest.
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2004 , 21:43  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy
why not ban him? hes trying to get us hacked it seems.
hold your horses... sheesh the guy's sig linked to some site that might or might not have a virus or some sort of questionable file. His sig was removed and that seems like a good enough solution for now. and I dont even know if this thread should be here anylonger ... or that poor kid's gonna get harrased thru PM's for the next week.
KingPin's right , what if he didn't know the site had a virus , and now he's going to get threatened and get a bad reputation.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
usedtobe_wws
Old 08-17-2004 , 21:50  
Reply With Quote #13

sry but company policies are company policies. I cannot afford to have a network with 500 computers,650 P.O.S terminals,and are website on it down because some kid decided it would be funny to plant some bs virus. It is up to are cooperate offices to see what they want to do. Untill than i am working on eraseing the script but it keeps generating itself. I personly dont know what that virus does but if nayone has anyidea on how to remove the virus it would be greatly aprreciated.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2004 , 22:19  
Reply With Quote #14

If you took security that seriously, then you would be doing the following:
A) RUNNING AV! DUH!
B) Not running IE

I have a network with 3 comps. You could release as many viruses as you want on it (assuming you could crack the WEP key, which is no big deal), nothing would be effected... why? Because I did the security on all of them. They all run auto-updating AV and firewalls, want to know how long it took to set security up? An hour. Now I realize thats a bigger network, but guess what.. its easier! Set up some group policy templates, make the servers force them on clients, not a hard thing.

And your worried about one virus, yet you don't have a decent antivirus? GG.

Damn, your just like 90% of the networks admin's I've known or had accounts under. Nah, don't bother with security, just punish anyone who makes an attempt at it.
Old 08-17-2004 , 22:26  
Reply With Quote #15

CS SERVER: 209.123.8.130:27017!
Send a message via AIM to INFaMouS
usedtobe_wws
Old 08-17-2004 , 22:37  
Reply With Quote #16

we have network security, how ever are network cought the virus putting out upds and inbound tcp ip to a port we dont even use any more. We are doing it as a precoutionary measure because there are more critacal systems than just those three things. How ever due to 9/11 i cannot disclose that infomation
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2004 , 23:00  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeWeeSlap
we have network security, how ever are network cought the virus putting out upds and inbound tcp ip to a port we dont even use any more. We are doing it as a precoutionary measure because there are more critacal systems than just those three things.
That doesnt even make sense. Can someone translate?

Anyway, I can fully secure a system from any internet-based hack or virus in under 5 minutes.

How? Remove its internet access. Any critical systems should not be connected to the internet.
Old 08-17-2004 , 23:14  
Reply With Quote #18

Maybe I should post the mickey mouse own3d pic again
CS SERVER: 209.123.8.130:27017!
Send a message via AIM to INFaMouS
Ingram
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2004 , 23:31  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFaMouS
Maybe I should post the mickey mouse own3d pic again