Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.5)[09-Mar-2021]

Post New Thread Reply   

KadabraZz
Old 10-03-2021 , 19:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #41

I'm testing the plugin in L4D1 I have everything installed and it returns this error
l4d_zspawn.smx ([L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager.): Native "L4D2_GetCurrentFinaleStage" was not found
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2021 , 06:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadabraZz View Post
I'm testing the plugin in L4D1 I have everything installed and it returns this error
l4d_zspawn.smx ([L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager.): Native "L4D2_GetCurrentFinaleStage" was not found
oops, "L4D2_GetCurrentFinaleStage" only for l4d2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
PHP Code:
// L4D2 only. Returns the current Finale stage type.
native int L4D2_GetCurrentFinaleStage(); 
Old 10-04-2021 , 12:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #43

Well but the plugin is made for L4D1 and L4D2 right? So why does this return me an error related to l4d2? I'm testing on L4D1 latest version
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2021 , 02:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Well but the plugin is made for L4D1 and L4D2 right? I'm testing on L4D1 latest version
I know that, I just remind author "Earendil" to modify or remove
Old 10-06-2021 , 02:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
I know that, I just remind author "Earendil" to modify or remove
Oh yes sorry ^^
Maku
Old 10-11-2021 , 05:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #46

I really like this plugin a lot.

But the problem with it is the spawning of tanks, is it possible to make the spawning of tanks and witch optional?

Some custom maps like Resident Evil 3 gets really bugged out because it has a specific spawning of tanks and one of those tanks that was supposed to be in the cutscene ended up spawning elsewhere so the cutscene was bugged out completely.
Earendil
Old 10-12-2021 , 12:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
I really like this plugin a lot.

But the problem with it is the spawning of tanks, is it possible to make the spawning of tanks and witch optional?

Some custom maps like Resident Evil 3 gets really bugged out because it has a specific spawning of tanks and one of those tanks that was supposed to be in the cutscene ended up spawning elsewhere so the cutscene was bugged out completely.
Yes, disable tank autospawn, but allow normal tanks. For some maps you can make custom config files (I think is a current feature of the game itself).

Quote:
Sorry I did a fast fix for L4D2 because it had this function, I tried to prevent this to execute on L4D1, but I didn't prevent it correctly. This error message should be displayed only once, I will fix the message and try to add the feature in L4D to limit the amount of finale fight durations.
Maku
Old 10-13-2021 , 14:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
Yes, disable tank autospawn, but allow normal tanks. For some maps you can make custom config files (I think is a current feature of the game itself).

Thanks, it worked!
What about the finale wave tank? It forces to spawn the tank at the finale within 300 seconds and we end up fighting double tanks. It says the minimum is 120.

Quote:
// Max time in seconds for finale fights, after this time a finale Tank will be forced to spawn.
// This forces tanks to spawn when zombie spawn rate is very high.
// -
// Default: "300.0"
// Minimum: "120.000000"
zspawn_finale_duration "300.0"
Should I increase the duration? I'm concerned about increasing it because I don't want the finale to last longer than it should since it does state "Max time in seconds for finale fights."

This kind of bugs out the finale in Resident Evil 2 Side B map since the tank is supposed to spawn -after- the players have powered the generator. But the tanks -immediately- spawns right when we get the option to turn on the power. After killing the tanks that weren't suppose to spawn in, another set of tanks is spawned in by the map director.

This is just a minor issue since I don't really mind fighting the tank, but it gets really complicated when the tanks spawn in when they are not supposed to so we end up fighting a tank along with a horde (Because the horde is supposed to be continuously spawning while waiting for the map director's tank to spawn in and since the forced spawning of finale tanks kind of ignores the custom map's spawning rules, it becomes really hard especially when the zombies just keeps body blocking and causing you to slow down).

You don't really need to fix it as I kind of really enjoy it as well, but I can't say the same for other people who joins me. Do you have any ideas how to keep the minimum finale timer without the force spawning of tanks?
azureblue
Old 10-15-2021 , 07:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #49

i'm always play in co-op mode, campaign 8 players using superversus plugin, and it's a local host with my friends.

- plugin worked fine at first but something goes wrong when at finale map, tank didn't spawn at all after 20mins+ waiting for wave tank. And tank director are enabled during this time with default force tank spawn times.

- when i'm playing in dark carnival chapter, i disabled director tank and autotank in cfg, first wave and second wave tank are spawned but it spawn too soon (about less than a minute) and no music tank theme played even tank appeared already. and tank also spawn too soon in every finale map.

- so after i disabled this plugin, everything is back to normal again. maybe this plugin are conflict with superversus plugin director?. i hope there's a version for common and special infected only for this plugin. i already tried to enable/disable SI, tank/autotank and witch director in this plugin but always got problem in finale map with tank spawn matters.

sorry for my bad english. great plugin btw!. i love this plugin !. thanks alot mate !
Earendil
Old 10-15-2021 , 13:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
Thanks, it worked!
What about the finale wave tank? It forces to spawn the tank at the finale within 300 seconds and we end up fighting double tanks. It says the minimum is 120.

Should I increase the duration? I'm concerned about increasing it because I don't want the finale to last longer than it should since it does state "Max time in seconds for finale fights."

This kind of bugs out the finale in Resident Evil 2 Side B map since the tank is supposed to spawn -after- the players have powered the generator. But the tanks -immediately- spawns right when we get the option to turn on the power. After killing the tanks that weren't suppose to spawn in, another set of tanks is spawned in by the map director.

This is just a minor issue since I don't really mind fighting the tank, but it gets really complicated when the tanks spawn in when they are not supposed to so we end up fighting a tank along with a horde (Because the horde is supposed to be continuously spawning while waiting for the map director's tank to spawn in and since the forced spawning of finale tanks kind of ignores the custom map's spawning rules, it becomes really hard especially when the zombies just keeps body blocking and causing you to slow down).

You don't really need to fix it as I kind of really enjoy it as well, but I can't say the same for other people who joins me. Do you have any ideas how to keep the minimum finale timer without the force spawning of tanks?
That convar is used to force tanks to spawn on finales, is used to prevent an endless finale fight bug, only works for L4D2. If you are running a custom map that controls the tank spawn you can set this amount to 9999 seconds and then the control of tank spawn will be sent to the map. Maybe if you are running a finale map that must fight for 10 minutes before tank spawn, then put a very high convar value.