Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

All Chat

Post New Thread Reply   

Lisa
Old 08-14-2007 , 14:35   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #21

Hmm something is definitely not right for me anyway.

The plugin does work somewhat. Regular players in the server (non-admins) can now speak to dead players when alive and vice versa.

However, the colors are not changing. I put them to green for name, white for text and neither of those show up just looks normal.

Now here is the wierd part. Admins who join and play try to chat, their name shows up like: (TeAdminName:

And the name part after 'Te' hows up as green. This is only for admins, and blows the admins cover if they are incognito.

What, if anything am I doing wrong? Or is there something to fix. I'd really like to use this plugin but can't run it like this.

If you have time or any ideas I'd appreciate it, I know it's hard helping everyone for free.
hugz`
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2007 , 14:57   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #22

There will be an update coming up soon fixing the "(Terrorist)" cut out bug.. which shows as (Te

I'm not sure why you change the text color to white.. maybe thats why you see it as normal color.. I don't think white is normal for this plug-in.

Also try to put the allchat.amxx on top of the plugins.ini, that might fix something..
But mostly you need to wait for an update..
Old 08-14-2007 , 16:09   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Hmm something is definitely not right for me anyway.
Are you by any chance running a CZ server, because I have never tested this with CZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz` View Post
Also try to put the allchat.amxx on top of the plugins.ini, that might fix something..
Nah, that would only have made a difference in the versions below 1.0, wont affect anything now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz` View Post
But mostly you need to wait for an update..
I'll release it a lil later today, was waiting one someone else to contact me who claimed they were having problems, but I'll just release today, and make another patch later on if need be.
Old 08-14-2007 , 17:13   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #24

Nope it's a 32man CS 1.6 server.
hugz`
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2007 , 20:29   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #25

Woo hoo! Update! Best all chat yet!
Try adding a cvar that toggles green chat only for admins/everyone
Old 11-22-2007 , 17:23   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #26

hello,

i wondered if it is possible to add a cvar, so that admins can hear everything. Actually that means that admins also can read team messages.

I would really appreciate it. thanks. great plugin
supergreg
Old 12-08-2007 , 04:08   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #27

Hello, I want dead players (both admins and regulars) to be able to see what living players (both admins and regulars) write in chat, but not the other way around. Do I need a plugin for this at all? I seem to remember this was the default behaviour a couple of years back, but it might have been through plugins. I just remember it as when you were dead, you would see text chat from dead prefixed with *** DEAD***, while text from still living players would show up as normal without this prefix.

It's just tiresome to start writing a long sentence to someone, only to witness him being killed before you are able to send the message, and then you have to wait until next round or being killed yourself..

So, can I achieve this without plugins? Which settings?
If I need plugins, is this the correct one? Can this plugin enable dead players to see text chat between living, but not the other way around (with sv_alltalk 0)?
cs1.6
Old 12-08-2007 , 04:55   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergreg View Post
Hello, I want dead players (both admins and regulars) to be able to see what living players (both admins and regulars) write in chat, but not the other way around. Do I need a plugin for this at all? I seem to remember this was the default behaviour a couple of years back, but it might have been through plugins. I just remember it as when you were dead, you would see text chat from dead prefixed with *** DEAD***, while text from still living players would show up as normal without this prefix.

It's just tiresome to start writing a long sentence to someone, only to witness him being killed before you are able to send the message, and then you have to wait until next round or being killed yourself..

So, can I achieve this without plugins? Which settings?
If I need plugins, is this the correct one? Can this plugin enable dead players to see text chat between living, but not the other way around (with sv_alltalk 0)?

Yea, when first i encountered this problem i thought too that in cs dead used to be able to see what the living said, but just like you i am not sure if my memory plays games on me.

Well, sv_alltalk refers to voicechat only. So when enabled (1) everyone on the server can voicechat.

EDIT:

All you need:

Ultimate Chat (Chat-All-In-One)

Last edited by cs1.6; 12-27-2007 at 00:38. Reason: edit
[ --<-@ ] Black Rose
ANNIHILATED
Old 12-08-2007 , 11:52   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #29

That is so old.
This is more advanced.

Admin flag can be edited inside the plugin.

Code:
/*
uc_adminmode & uc_playermode:
a = The dead can hear the alive teammates.
b = The dead can hear the alive non-teammates.
c = The alive can hear the dead teammates.
d = The alive can hear the dead non-teammates.
e = The alive can hear alive/dead can hear dead teammsgs.
f = The alive can hear dead/dead can hear alive teammsgs.
*/
Edit 3: Updated again, fixed admin-crap-I'm-fucking-blind bug, added some more filters.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (ultimate_chat.sma - 1367 views - 3.5 KB)

Last edited by [ --<-@ ] Black Rose; 12-19-2007 at 17:04.
cs1.6
Old 12-08-2007 , 12:02   Re: All Chat
Reply With Quote #30

You shoould release it. (New plugin submissions). This one has it truely all! All the needed chat plugin features alltogether.

yours

cs