Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MetaMod Project/Request

Post New Thread Reply   

gatesjr03
Old 02-07-2007 , 23:22   MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #1

I was on GameSurge (IRC) looking for a scripter and BAILOPAN suggested maybe posting on the forums so heres a shot.. A new project is born.

As you all know as a CS gamer you need a server in order to have a team, a place to practice and scrim on. Yet everyone still is always asking for sponsorships and you see people post 'yours' when looking for a scrim.
eitherway, I've been trying to get this done for a while now and I really decided that I will work hard and make sure I get it working.

We are we writing up everything and all that is left is the concept. A place on IRC and even from a website where you can book a server for about 30-45mins, free of charge, in order to use it for a scrim, pug, practice, whatever. The finail plans will be released soon, we are just looking for some solid metamod scripters/coders looking to start a project.

Using a website or mIRC dialog both being the same php script a user will be allowed about 7-8 Time blocks for a week's use. And eventally have ways of getting more blocks. Each block would consist of 5 Min. If i wanted to book the server from 2.30pm to 3.00pm it would be 30mins or 6 Time Blocks. The information would be stored in a mysql datebase and the server at the time, let it be 2.30pm will set the admin password requested by the user who booked the server along with the entry password, a prescrim configeration will be run and the people when ready can use an rcon like admin to control the scrim. After the time is up, at 3.00pm all users will be kicked and server will be reset back to a default admin and entry password. This is basicly what it will be, I have two very good php scriptures and plan to attract most of my users from IRC, we will also mostly likely partner up with a gameserver company and maybe even a league like CEVO.

Please post with interest or comments, Help us - help users, by getting 'ScrimEZ' up and running.
Send a message via AIM to gatesjr03 Send a message via MSN to gatesjr03 Send a message via Skype™ to gatesjr03
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-07-2007 , 23:41   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #2

I'm no good at scripting but what's your website? This sounds interesting.
Old 02-07-2007 , 23:43   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #3

the sites, ScrimEZ.com theres nothing there, just says scrimez on gamesurge.. but We really just looking to help others who need a server, and our only problem is not being able to script the mod. We have some of the php datebase done already because we had someone helping but he never had a true interested to it and not sure if he even scripted anything =/
Send a message via AIM to gatesjr03 Send a message via MSN to gatesjr03 Send a message via Skype™ to gatesjr03
P34nut
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-08-2007 , 04:04   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #4

This can be done with PHP only
Old 02-08-2007 , 07:55   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by P34nut View Post
This can be done with PHP only
Only the booking has to be php.. the gameserver which replaces RCon has to be an metamod. To help regulate admin and setup admin etc. for when people are using the server
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2007 , 09:10   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #6

Is there a reason why you want this to be done through metamod, and not an AMXX plugin? This actually wouldn't be very hard to do. But I'm afraid to take up the project as I've been short of time lately (and will be until april/may).
P34nut
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-08-2007 , 09:24   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesjr03 View Post
Only the booking has to be php.. the gameserver which replaces RCon has to be an metamod. To help regulate admin and setup admin etc. for when people are using the server
if your PHP server and your cs server are on the same network you can easily change the rcon password via php
Old 02-08-2007 , 09:47   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by P34nut View Post
if your PHP server and your cs server are on the same network you can easily change the rcon password via php
Yes but with rcon u cant regulate cvars and other configs that could f' the server up.

-
Also amx doesnt provide the level of functionality we need, i guess you really could use only rcon, but having a system of a metamod and php/mysql would be alot easier and stable, I like having a 'sez admin' over rcon to be able to change commands and limit usage.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2007 , 10:37   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #9

AMXX can do anything Metamod can do really.
gatesjr03
Old 02-08-2007 , 12:05   Re: MetaMod Project/Request
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77 View Post
AMXX can do anything Metamod can do really.

keep time as GMT on all bookings, transfor data between php/mysql and cs server, along with possibly talking to an IRC bot (bothway to/from)..

Also i guess i would basicly need to totally disable amx that isnt the mod, because alot of people cry about scrimming with amx on thier server, Etc.

I dont know metamod just always seemed the way to go, leaving room for stuff and having the multi languague etc.

-
Well eitherway how many people who like to help or have some interested, so i can get the documents written up and get you all in one place to talk about this mod, weither its going to be, metamod, amx mod (mostly disabled), or just rcon/php...