Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

does someone know how to modified a map support to 32player?

Post New Thread Reply   

DoKaPon
Old 05-28-2004 , 10:49   does someone know how to modified a map support to 32player?
Reply With Quote #1

i have a 32slot CZ server, but really hard to find more map can support to 32 players, the CZ original good map like cs_italy_cz, de_tides_cz....etc. only support to 20 players, i search a lot of site and read many forums still can't find how to change it to 32 players. some custom good maps like de_manila, its can let players join up to 32,
but many players spawn at same spot and die, how can i solve this problems ? hope expert server admin can help me out! thanks !
Send a message via ICQ to DoKaPon Send a message via MSN to DoKaPon
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2004 , 13:46  
Reply With Quote #2

get stripper 2 and add spawns. search the help forums i posted in there a couple of times about this.
Old 05-28-2004 , 18:03  
Reply With Quote #3

thank you very much
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2004 , 18:29  
Reply With Quote #4

np, IM me if you need help with adding spawn hosties or weapons etc.
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2004 , 10:43  
Reply With Quote #5

Go to joe.to, he is the king for that kind of stuff making cs_maps into de_maps and such.

http://www.joe.to/cstrike/ents/

Vic/DT
Old 05-29-2004 , 15:45  
Reply With Quote #6

i tried the stripper2 , but i got problems, i can add weapon in fy_iceworld map but when the round end, a new round start, the weapon disappeared, i need to reload the map to make the new add weapon come again..
And the new add spawn pt also doesn't work, no players can join the new add spawn pt.. dont know what wrong i done..

[add]

{
classname/armoury_entity
angle/0
item/0
origin/310 2329 -88
}
{
classname/info_player_start
angle/90
origin/310 2350 -88
}

What i missed ??? thanks for help
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2004 , 17:23  
Reply With Quote #7

ugh... prolly something steam screwed up.... well i guess the above link is ur hope i will visit it also to see what can be done.
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2004 , 16:10  
Reply With Quote #8

I would suggest using ripent, its probably a lot easier
Old 05-31-2004 , 05:54  
Reply With Quote #9

I think 32 player server will be unplayable. Why am I saying this? Maybe because I play like a bot? Anyway, I think it is better to run 2 16 player servers. Here in Turkey ANET has 6 servers with 12 slots on each and all the slots are full everytime. EVERYTIME, so will be your servers, I think
]FUSION[ Gray Death
Old 05-31-2004 , 06:04  
Reply With Quote #10

Hmm. Depends on the map. Some small ones like cs_expo or de_tpoint would be... somehow a butchery. But if you play cs_bankraid or de_extreme it just will fit very fine with 32 peoples. Anyway my point is: wouldn't it be boring if all servers look the same? I think it's fine, that there are really big and small servers and the whole range in between.

What I wanted to ask: Someone heared something about copyright issues? What mappers say if you start modifying their maps? Or espacilly official maps with copyright belonging to Valve? I know, copyright is something not many people are concerned nowaday, but some are.