Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Full Server Causes lag


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
Ynet
Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: israel
Old 01-09-2021 , 14:32   Full Server Causes lag
Reply With Quote #1

i have been having a problem with my server recently whenever the server is about to fill up lets say 26 players+ the lags start the less players alive the less lag there is
i tried checking the error logs and i haven't found anything that pointed me in the right direction
i was hoping there is a way to find out which plugin uses the most resources or something like that
ty.


my server has been getting ddosed aswell however i am not sure if that is the cause for the lags today

Last edited by Ynet; 01-09-2021 at 14:33.
Ynet is offline
loiraolhosazul
Member
Join Date: May 2020
Old 01-09-2021 , 16:03   Re: Full Server Causes lag
Reply With Quote #2

it may be a bad plugin, try setting your server rates, leave '-pingboost 3'
loiraolhosazul is online now
LithuanianJack
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Old 01-10-2021 , 13:06   Re: Full Server Causes lag
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loiraolhosazul View Post
it may be a bad plugin, try setting your server rates, leave '-pingboost 3'
What are good rates? And what's the difference between "-pingboost 3" and "-pingboost 2"? Thank you.
LithuanianJack is offline
loiraolhosazul
Member
Join Date: May 2020
Old 01-10-2021 , 13:21   Re: Full Server Causes lag
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithuanianJack View Post
What are good rates? And what's the difference between "-pingboost 3" and "-pingboost 2"? Thank you.
PHP Code:
sv_unlag "1"
sv_maxunlag "0.1"
sv_unlagsamples "1"
sv_minrate "50000"
sv_maxrate "100000"
sv_minupdaterate "30"
sv_maxupdaterate "100"
sys_ticrate "1000.0" 
pingboost 3 uses all cpu core / threads.
loiraolhosazul is online now
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 01-10-2021 , 20:42   Re: Full Server Causes lag
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by loiraolhosazul View Post
PHP Code:
sv_unlag "1"
sv_maxunlag "0.1"
sv_unlagsamples "1"
sv_minrate "50000"
sv_maxrate "100000"
sv_minupdaterate "30"
sv_maxupdaterate "100"
sys_ticrate "1000.0" 
pingboost 3 uses all cpu core / threads.
HLDS is a single-threaded application and therefore can only use a single core. According to the Valve wiki, pingboost "selects between optimized HLDS network code stack".
__________________
fysiks is offline
loiraolhosazul
Member
Join Date: May 2020
Old 01-10-2021 , 21:05   Re: Full Server Causes lag
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
HLDS is a single-threaded application and therefore can only use a single core. According to the Valve wiki, pingboost "selects between optimized HLDS network code stack".
already done the test ?, I already, don't say what you don't know.
loiraolhosazul is online now
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 01-10-2021 , 21:30   Re: Full Server Causes lag
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by loiraolhosazul View Post
already done the test ?, I already, don't say what you don't know.
The game itself is single threaded unless you can prove otherwise. The documentation clearly says it's about the network code stack. If it's just the network code stack that is multithreaded, I guess that's possible, do you have any proof of this?
__________________
fysiks is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:25.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode