Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-28-2010 , 21:37   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #521

This is a copy of the same post I put in the thread for Liam's plugin:

In Counter-Strike: Source, when the last living player on a team is switched to spectator, the round doesn't end, and the game doesn't recheck for the win condition unless somebody somehow dies or if somebody manually switches teams or to spectator.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 03-28-2010 at 21:46.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2010 , 06:22   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi View Post
This is a copy of the same post I put in the thread for Liam's plugin:

In Counter-Strike: Source, when the last living player on a team is switched to spectator, the round doesn't end, and the game doesn't recheck for the win condition unless somebody somehow dies or if somebody manually switches teams or to spectator.
I've seen that before but I do not have a CS:S server to test on eith enough players to replicate this.

If someone thinks they can provide this setup then I can look into it.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-29-2010 , 16:07   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #523

You can test it with bots. Here's how I tested it with 3 different plugins which involve switching players to spectator:
  1. Set bot_join_after_player to 0.
  2. Set sv_cheats to 1.
  3. Set bot_dont_shoot to 1.
  4. Join a team, preferably Terrorists (so nobody plants the bomb).
  5. Add bots until there are 2 players on each team, including yourself.
  6. Use sm_slay to kill the bot on your team.
  7. Go AFK.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 03-29-2010 at 20:37.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2010 , 18:22   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #524

I have fixed this in the next release, thanks for the information.

I need to get some information from people testing a new feature and then I should have a release ready.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-01-2010 , 18:57   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #525

Thanks a lot for fixing that. I'll be interested in looking at your source to see what you did to make it work.

Here's another thing I've noticed while using your plugin. Whenever the map is changed, if somebody takes longer than 60 seconds (my sm_afk_move_time) to make the switch to the new map, join a team, and move a little bit, then it will say they have been moved to spectator for being AFK.

I don't know if it's related to this problem, but I have sm_afk_kick_players set to 3 (spectators only). I have sm_afk_move_spec set to 1 (Move AFK clients to spec before kicking them). I have sm_afk_exclude_dead set to 1. If someone is on a team and AFK, I want them to be moved to spectator. If they are then AFK in spectator for some more time, I want them to be kicked. I think I might be a little confused on the wording of the CVAR description of that sm_afk_kick_players CVAR. Should the settings be how I have them for what I want the plugin to do?

Also, I have kept sm_afk_spawn_time set to 20, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What is this CVAR meant to do? Does it kick/move someone who's been sitting in spawn for that number of seconds. When I spawn and wait 20 seconds without touching the computer, nothing happens.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 04-01-2010 at 19:01.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2010 , 20:16   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #526

Quote:
Thanks a lot for fixing that. I'll be interested in looking at your source to see what you did to make it work.
Very simple fix, Valve normal CS Spectator mode makes the player commit suicide before moving them to spectator. This is what I do now for CS:S.

Quote:
Here's another thing I've noticed while using your plugin. Whenever the map is changed, if somebody takes longer than 60 seconds (my sm_afk_move_time) to make the switch to the new map, join a team, and move a little bit, then it will say they have been moved to spectator for being AFK.
Interesting I haven't heard this one, are you sure? I would assume people shouldn't take longer than 60 seconds to change map etc however I could look at making extra checks I guess.

Quote:
I don't know if it's related to this problem, but I have sm_afk_kick_players set to 3 (spectators only). I have sm_afk_move_spec set to 1 (Move AFK clients to spec before kicking them). I have sm_afk_exclude_dead set to 1. If someone is on a team and AFK, I want them to be moved to spectator. If they are then AFK in spectator for some more time, I want them to be kicked. I think I might be a little confused on the wording of the CVAR description of that sm_afk_kick_players CVAR. Should the settings be how I have them for what I want the plugin to do?
Yes is it not working? I would assume it might have to do with your time variables.

Quote:
Also, I have kept sm_afk_spawn_time set to 20, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What is this CVAR meant to do? Does it kick/move someone who's been sitting in spawn for that number of seconds. When I spawn and wait 20 seconds without touching the computer, nothing happens.
Yes this is a cvar for time you are at the EXACT spawn position and not moving at all. This was working on my CS:S test but I might be making some changes to this but it is working.

Have also in the new version added a cvar for excluding messages for moving "Unassigned" players to spectator. Not sure if you might be referring to this above but confirm as I would like to make a fix for the map change issue if it does exist.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-01-2010 , 20:31   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #527

I guess it is just moving unassigned players to spectator as you say. That is what I was talking about. Removing those messages would be nice as you say you're doing. Also, I didn't check if this is how it works, but if it makes their team selection menu go away, that's probably a bad thing, although the way your plugin is written, I understand that a player would have to actually be on the spectator team for it to work correctly. I assume you could modify your code to count unassigned and spectator as the same thing when deciding whether or not to kick them, and alleviate the need to switch all unassigned players to spectator, although it would take a little more code (an extra clause in your if conditions each time the check for spectator status is made).

I'll do more testing with the spawn time thing, and see if it might be another plugin conflicting, but as I said, if I'm dead, I stop touching my computer indefinitely, a new round starts, and 20 seconds passes, nothing special happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Very simple fix, Valve normal CS Spectator mode makes the player commit suicide before moving them to spectator. This is what I do now for CS:S.
The players not being killed as they were switched was part of what made this plugin so useful. I was thinking of making that change to the source myself as you say, but it would make more sense I think to check if they're the last living player on their team, suicide them if they are, or switch them normally if they aren't. Alternatively, I wonder if there's a part of the player_death event that Valve normally calls to check for the win condition. If so, maybe the plugin could sort of pretend like the player died and call that same function. This is just speculation, because I don't know how to go about finding out everything the player_death event normally does.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 04-01-2010 at 20:37.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2010 , 03:15   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #528

Well I used the change team function and changed to spectator and the game suicided me. So I assume this is normal and there should be no reason for me to make work-arounds.

In relation to the Unassigned/Team 0 issues I do not want to do that as deathmatch games I have been told use Team 0, I know Synergy uses team 0 as the only team.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2010 , 18:26   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #529

I am looking for someone who has a few servers and is able to do some testing with me.

This would be testing some beta versions and I do not want these used for production.

Let me know if you are able to help.
Snake60
Old 04-07-2010 , 10:58   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #530

Hi Rothgar!
I have 3 CSS servers and I want help you in testing!
PM me, if you need my help.
Thanks.

Last edited by Snake60; 04-07-2010 at 11:02.
Send a message via ICQ to Snake60 Send a message via MSN to Snake60 Send a message via Skype™ to Snake60