Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

DSP + CSSDM

Post New Thread Reply   

KLASiKAHL
Old 07-03-2006 , 13:14   DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I'm KLASiKAHL from team sk1L. I run the sk1L servers including our insanely popular DM (dm.sk1L.com) as you can see below

http://sk1l.com/cacti/graph_image.ph...id=23&rra_id=2

Currently, this Linux server runs the following plugins:

mani mod 1.2NRC2
SourceMM with statsmeminimum for hitbox tracking
CSSDM .91

It appears as though CSSDM and DSP don't like eachother too much. Other servers on the same box display DSP team info without a hitch but the deathmatch does not. Any ideas on what might be causing this and can/will this be fixed at some point in the future?
BAILOPAN
Old 07-03-2006 , 17:30   Re: DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #2

Don't advertise.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You'll need to explain what DSP is.
Old 07-04-2006 , 12:22   Re: DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #3

Sorry, I wasn't trying to advertise, I'm just trying to put some weight behind my problem because I've apparently put a lot of time into making (one of) the most popular west coast deathmatch servers.

Anyway, DSP is Detox Server Plugin, required for all CAL-css season 5 matches. When players join a server with dsp enabled on it, it tells the server whether or not the person is on a CAL roster and if so, it gives their name, team name, team location and record. If a player isn't on a CAL roster, DSP says so accordingly. DSP performs relatively the same functions as CSP or zBlock.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I think that back when CSP was still commonly used I was having an issue with CSSDM blocking CSP's text output just like with DSP.
BAILOPAN
Old 07-04-2006 , 13:01   Re: DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #4

Although I don't explicitly break something like that, it's a Server Plugin and thus I don't have any wish to a)install it or b)make any effort of having extraneous compatibility with it.

I backup my stance with the fact that "Detox" is obviously intended for matches. I hope you're not using CS:S DM for matches.
Old 07-04-2006 , 18:54   Re: DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #5

Fantastic stance for developing software. The Microsoft "I didn't mean to, so it's not my problem" attitude toward bugs. I come from the Linux community where bug reports yield productive discussion and cooperative coding toward a fix.

By the way, DSP is not just for matches. It functions like CSP and zBlock, the two plugins which lock in illegal cvars. CSSDM breaks these plugins.

Last edited by KLASiKAHL; 07-04-2006 at 18:59.
BAILOPAN
Old 07-05-2006 , 01:18   Re: DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #6

I don't really know what your point was. It's my product, which I develop for free, in my free time, and I choose what I want to do with it. If you don't like it, don't use it. There's nothing about posting a "bug report" that says I have to fix it, although I try to at least address every question that comes up.

I explicitly stated in the documentation that I don't go out of my way to support compatibility with non-SourceMM plugins. DSP is a different platform and it's closed source, and my time is limited.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 07-05-2006 at 01:22.
KLASiKAHL
Old 07-05-2006 , 05:30   Re: DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #7

I'd be glad to fix the problem myself...
grpace
Old 07-12-2006 , 15:10   Re: DSP + CSSDM
Reply With Quote #8

Yo just disable DSP when your not in a scrim. Pretty simple. Just add this to your server.cfg dsp_enable and add this to your cal.cfg dsp_disable. Simple.