Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SuperHero Mod: Source

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-28-2004 , 18:55   SuperHero Mod: Source

Well ladies and girls it is time we talked about the future of SuperHero Mod.

As most of you know HalfLife 2 came out and so did the Source Development Kit (SDK) for it. And now many mods are being developed for HL2.
Now we have to think where we are going to go with SuperHero Mod. Us being one of the most successful mods in AMX/AMXX community just means that we cant stop here.

So me seeing how alive this mod still is i have taken things into mine and jtp's hands and started porting SuperHero Mod to Source.
Things are still being thought out and talked about but here are a few things you should know.

SHS will now be a module for Source Mod which is a good thing because this means were making a new interface for hero creation. Were trying to accomplish "Easy hero creation" just so noobs will stop crying. On the other hand we dont want to make it too easy so we dont have to see 10000 super speed heroes.

Now another thing is in the begginning we cant promise a huge amount of heroes because HL2SDK isnt really opened up to many of its features so not alot of things are available in it. But we hope this changes as time goes by (same thing happend with HL1 SDK).

If you have any ideas your welcome to post them as im just in the begginning stages of the module and alot of stuff can be added.

PS. I will post a link to CVS soon.

Have Fun
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-28-2004 , 19:50  

Heres the CVS link (to those C++ coders)
http://tcwonline.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs...de/SHS/module/
Night Slayer
Old 12-28-2004 , 20:55  

wow im impressed great job guys, youve done such a good job!!!
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2004 , 22:36  

now that is what I was hoping for, always moving onward and upward, guess that means I gotta get a new computer soon, great work gentlemen
Old 12-29-2004 , 07:01  

This is great i would offer my help but i dont have a copy of HL2 :/

Maybe when i get a copy down the line i'll try my hand at source heroes
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-29-2004 , 07:25  

Like i said there wont be alot of source heros for awhile this is due to the HL2SDK limitation. So if SHS does get released soon (which proly wont happen) it will have TOPS 5 heros
SDK is VERY limited at this moment
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 12-29-2004 , 17:48  

Just remember you guys need to wait for Source Mod to be made cause SHmod source will not work without it, so keep an eye on its progress...

Kind of intresting that it's gonna be implemented as a module though...
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2004 , 18:55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu
Kind of intresting that it's gonna be implemented as a module though...
this will eliminate all the server messages, and instead use natives. so we will have an include with natives instead of stocks that send server messages to another plugin.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 12-29-2004 , 21:10  

Using module is a better idea because now you just have plugins directly connect to the module which is ~Much faster then the method were using now, which i must say is by far very bad and very hackish.
I got some help from Bailopan for working out on the hero system and its very complex but will be very easy to use in the end.
My only concern is that SOurceMod will only support javascript and most of you here script using SmallC so converting herors will be hard. But for those who know CPP it will be very easy.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2004 , 21:42  

javascript..... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW