Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Map Decals

Post New Thread Reply   

Richard.UK
Old 07-15-2009 , 07:15   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #221

Panda thanks for helping here, it seems that I have fixed the problem although that causes me another concern...

Basically through our control panel via a website we can restart the server, this reboots the server without it reading from any config files and was not setting the SV-PURE to 1 which we were wanting it to....

Instead it was staying as SV_PURE 0 and then when the map changed after the default reboot, it would start to read from the config files, only then would it change the SV-PURE to 1...So that seemed to be the problem, mixing the SV-PURE up from 0 to 1 between the map changes....

But now is the question, is there a way to reboot the server in game with a command? instead of restarting the server using a control panel on the website for our server,

This might allow us to set the sv_pure to 1 on the server restart if we can do this command in game

Last edited by Richard.UK; 07-15-2009 at 07:18.
jockersoft
Old 07-15-2009 , 07:19   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.UK View Post
My suggestion is that the map-decals.smx should be creating map config files that look something like "ctf_2fort-decals.cfg", or similar as I am a little worried that the server is looking at two map specific different config files (ctf_2fort.cfg) with the same names.
that makes no sense.

Quote:
But now is the question, is there a way to reboot the server in game with a command? instead of restarting the server using a control panel on the website for our server
just ask your GSP to add +exec server.cfg in the srcds.exe arguments list.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2009 , 16:12   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #223

Quote:
Panda thanks for helping here, it seems that I have fixed the problem although that causes me another concern...

Basically through our control panel via a website we can restart the server, this reboots the server without it reading from any config files and was not setting the SV-PURE to 1 which we were wanting it to....

Instead it was staying as SV_PURE 0 and then when the map changed after the default reboot, it would start to read from the config files, only then would it change the SV-PURE to 1...So that seemed to be the problem, mixing the SV-PURE up from 0 to 1 between the map changes....

But now is the question, is there a way to reboot the server in game with a command? instead of restarting the server using a control panel on the website for our server,

This might allow us to set the sv_pure to 1 on the server restart if we can do this command in game
I'm assuming you have sv_pure 1 in your server.cfg file. If not, put it there, as this should solve any problems you have with your sv_pure setting changing. Also, using rcon will allow you to restart in-game. It won't do a full hard-restart, but it's close. the command to exec in rcon is "exit" if you use hlsw, just type exit in console, if you're using rcon in-game, type "rcon exit" if you're in-game, make sure to put in your rcon_password first.

Just a question for you also, your decals are working all the time with no problems on map-change?
Old 08-14-2009 , 22:08   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #224

This isn't working after the orangebox update. Was before, is not now.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2009 , 03:21   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #225

wow that sucks. I should've been using it before as I like it, but wasn't sure it worked.
Old 08-15-2009 , 05:03   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg929 View Post
This isn't working after the orangebox update. Was before, is not now.
Just been on one of our servers and it IS working after the update.
Old 08-16-2009 , 17:10   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #227

Code:
[GAME]\materials\decals\custom\example\tsgkcorn512x512.vmt. File must be removed to play on this server..
Players joining my server download and are able to view the decals but they cannot join ANY OTHER servers after they have been on mine the above error appears.

How do i use this mod without making a pseudo-virus that prevents them from joining any other server.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 04:34   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #228

that means they're playing on servers with sv_pure set to 1 or 2
Old 08-17-2009 , 10:17   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #229

I see but i have loads of textures in the custom folder and can play on pure servers. I think they are sprays.

But your basically saying if someone comes on a server with this on they cant go on pure servers until they remove them.

Nice
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2009 , 15:20   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #230

All Pure servers have whitelists though, so look at a standard whitelist, and try and make it so your server's files download to a folder that is whitelisted.

Also: people who have this working, what post are you taking your plugin from?

Last edited by Sexual Harassment Panda; 08-17-2009 at 15:27.