Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.

Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2014 , 20:52   Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #1

Here's how I just caused 4 false detections of smac aimbot with just SM plugins:
1) Be a heavy
2) Set godmode onto yourself
3) Have your mouse sensitivity maxed
4) Use advanced infinite ammo on yourself
5) Set your rate of fire to 10.
6) Be on an arena map
7) Add 29 bots onto the red team
Get to the bots
9) Start spinning your mouse like a maniac
10) ???
11) PROFIT!

Note: I will get a demo of it.
Edit: Demo done, if you don't believe demo, test it out yourself.
Edit2: Also note, in making of demo, I also caused a false spinhack detection.
Attached Files
File Type: zip aimbot-false-positive.zip (1.47 MB, 139 views)

Last edited by WildCard65; 07-04-2014 at 21:04.
SPYderman
Old 07-04-2014 , 22:50   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #2

Oh man, I was going to do this thanks for the warning lol.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2014 , 09:13   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #3

In the off chance it wasn't obvious, smac_aimbot and smac_spinhack are both heuristic plugins. Pretty clear that they're going to have false positives.
Old 07-05-2014 , 10:13   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #4

It isn't a false positive. Why? Because what you've described is not normal player behavior and is unlikely to be replicable without the assistance of SM plugins + bots.

It would almost be akin to saying, "If I force client-side sv_cheats on with an admin plugin, I get banned by SMAC! False positive bro!" - Obviously, such a notion is ridiculous. If you use admin plugins to make yourself look like a hacker than yes, SMAC will probably ban you as it is programmed to do so - such is hardly surprising nor worthy of its own thread..

Last edited by prom3th3an; 07-05-2014 at 10:21.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2014 , 10:29   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3th3an View Post
It isn't a false positive. Why? Because what you've described is not normal player behavior and is unlikely to be replicable without the assistance of SM plugins + bots.

It would almost be akin to saying, "If I force client-side sv_cheats on with an admin plugin, I get banned by SMAC! False positive bro!" - Obviously, such a notion is ridiculous. If you use admin plugins to make yourself look like a hacker than yes, SMAC will probably ban you as it is programmed to do so - such is hardly surprising nor worthy of its own thread..
I was bored enough to spin crazy with high mouse sensitivity, but the spinhack false detection, that I believe can be done without admin rights. Aimbot one, I believe can also be done with 1 dispenser instead of AIA, rof bit, that was for just instant minigun spinup, speed bit had nothing to do with it, god bit, that was so bots won't kill me instantly as it was arena.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2014 , 11:43   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3th3an View Post

Neither of the detections mentioned in this thread require SM plugins nor bots. The RoF and infinite ammo plugins simply increase the chance of false positive detections.

Increase your mouse sensitivity enough and cause kills with hitscan weapons and you're likely to trigger a false positive.
Old 07-05-2014 , 12:05   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #7

False positives are inevitable with these plugins. This is why, by default, several detections are required (right?) before SMAC actually does anything.

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-05-2014 at 12:06.
checkster
BANNED
Old 07-05-2014 , 14:03   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #8

SMAC just ruined my game style again, back to no life.
prom3th3an
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-05-2014 , 23:35   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
Neither of the detections mentioned in this thread require SM plugins nor bots. The RoF and infinite ammo plugins simply increase the chance of false positive detections.

Increase your mouse sensitivity enough and cause kills with hitscan weapons and you're likely to trigger a false positive.
Really Voided? I would have expected you to recognize the distinction between “unlikely replicable” and “require”. However, that was a nice attempt at a strawman argument none-the-less.

Again, I'm simply stating that this particular user greatly increased the chances of the heuristic firing by A) Having a lot of bots around him increasing his chances of hitting two at a wide enough angle. B) Having an increased rate of fire thus further increasing the chances of hitting two players at a wide enough angle. C) Intentionally jacking up his mouse sensitivity to maintain maximum possible turning speed. D) Having infinite ammo so he could spray and pray long enough to build up several detections. E) Having godmode enabled so that he could not be killed while doing the above.

Obviously the heuristic could potentially fire from innocent player behavior which is why it requires a minimum of four detections. I can comfortably say that in the four years of running Team Fortress 2 servers I have never seen an innocuous user play in the manner I have described above – I mean, Free-to-Play players are bad, but they aren’t that bad.

So all-in-all the title of this thread is somewhat alarmist as is the need to "fix" what he has described.

Last edited by prom3th3an; 07-06-2014 at 03:33. Reason: Fix minor error.
Ade
I love purple
Old 07-06-2014 , 05:54   Re: Smac aimbot has false positive detection in it.
Reply With Quote #10

Any reasonable person would've stopped at 2) Set godmode onto yourself. If you have the proper smac modules, you would not be able to put cheats on. Also, if you disable the specific module that disallows cheats, having cheats on will render any further detection useless, as putting for instance noclip on will allow you to go through walls and if someone's walling, they would have no time to use the info they see. You might not be able to stay alive long enough to trigger anything without that godmode... Needless to say any real competitive play will be thrown out the window, might as well turn the server into a build one.