Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Hidden dev attributes

Post New Thread Reply   

crafting
Old 10-09-2020 , 23:17   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #31

ok, it seems to be fixed for me

Last edited by crafting; 10-09-2020 at 23:17.
rafradek
Old 10-12-2020 , 14:28   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by torridgristle View Post
At first I had issues with attributes not working after either the October 1st or October 2nd patch but it began working again like a day later, I'm not quite sure what I changed though. I didn't adjust gamedata/tf2.hiddenattribs.txt and I didn't change tf2hiddenattribs.txt and I didn't change tf2hiddenattribs.smx

Maybe it just happened to work again after restarting the server, I really don't know why it stopped or why it resumed working.

Also, since this plugin appears to work by adding additional data to items_game.txt would it be possible to support other things such as "attribute_controlled_attached_particles" { "cosmetic_unusual_effects" "weapon_unusual_effects" } and "item_sets" and "items" to define duplicates of weapons using prefabs like "weapon_revolver" with "material_override" added to visuals? Here's the contents of my extrathings.txt file in the tf2nativeattribs config directory https://pastebin.com/pDezxYd7 but they don't seem to work. I try to give myself items with the added particles with https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...3985?p=1353985 but they just don't appear. No errors that I can see though.
It does not add anything to items_game.txt. It only affects attributes, since they can actually be added to the server without breaking anything
torridgristle
Old 10-30-2020 , 19:33   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #33

I'm running into an issue where sometimes the attributes aren't being loaded apparently, but if I reload the plugin it'll work. Any ideas?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2020 , 03:21   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #34

FWIW it seems like the plugin title has a typo "Attribuites" instead of "Attributes".

Also mind putting this up on GitHub (or other)?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
crafting
Old 12-02-2020 , 19:45   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #35

After alot of testing with the plugins I use, it appears "tf2hiddenattribs" isn't applying the attributes. The plugin loads and I had a friend double check the gamedata (inwhich appeared to be all correct), so it's something within the plugin itself.

tf2hiddenattribs stopped working for me after the Halloween update, but would randomly work. But now nothing. I really need this fixed, if anyone has any ideas.

I use https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2608014 and a dev branch of https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2436913. Dev attributes show up as invalid attributes.

Last edited by crafting; 12-02-2020 at 19:46.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2020 , 22:53   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafting View Post
tf2hiddenattribs stopped working for me after the Halloween update, but would randomly work. But now nothing. I really need this fixed, if anyone has any ideas.
I just did a quick check on my server. My PyroShark plugin still allows players to breathe underwater using the "can breathe under water" attribute. Did you test that attribute on your server?

PyroShark demonstrating breathe under water attribute:
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2020 , 23:28   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #37

crafting's server has an out of date schema, so when the new one is loaded in on map change, it wipes all injected attributes.

I'm not knowledgeable on his server configuration to pin down exactly why the schema is outdated and the new one isn't being written to disk, but I know that my method of gameinfo cloning has this issue (though hiddenattribs doesn't play nice on that setup for other reasons).

The hotfix is to reinject the attributes on map change, that's doable by running sm_hiddenattribs_reload. I'm not particularly fond of that solution since I believe that doesn't free memory for existing injected attributes, but it is what it is.

Last edited by nosoop; 12-02-2020 at 23:55.
Mr_panica
Old 12-17-2020 , 18:15   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #38

Good attributes, I created a godmod plugin with an ÜberCharge effect, basically it is just assigning an attribute "uber on damage taken" to the client.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Ugodmode.sp - 91 views - 1.8 KB)
Old 06-27-2021 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #39

Hey folks!

I've been working on a new plugin which utilizes this one to add a custom attribute, intended for the Custom Weapons X plugin but really usable with anything, it adds the ability to replace weapon sounds, I'm hoping this doesn't count as advertising since I'm new to the forums, but I figured it might be worth it for those who are looking through here and might find use with such a thing.

You can take a look at the plugin as well as download it from here if any of you can make good use of it in spite of it's flaws:
https://github.com/JessicaTheGunLady...2-ReplaceSound

Last edited by Jessica The Gun Lady; 06-27-2021 at 17:56.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2021 , 22:39   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica The Gun Lady View Post
Hey folks!

I've been working on a new plugin which utilizes this one to add a custom attribute, intended for the Custom Weapons X plugin but really usable with anything, it adds the ability to replace weapon sounds, I'm hoping this doesn't count as advertising since I'm new to the forums, but I figured it might be worth it for those who are looking through here and might find use with such a thing.

You can take a look at the plugin as well as download it from here if any of you can make good use of it in spite of it's flaws:
https://github.com/JessicaTheGunLady...2-ReplaceSound
Not sure but I think it would be better to load the KV on plugin start into a StringMap (or even just an array of strings), and read from the StringMap during soundhook. If I remember correctly, KV operations are pretty expensive, doing them inside the SoundHook might slow the server down.

What's the deal with the error if you don't force attribute 6000 to 0.0 for everything?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.