Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus

Post New Thread Reply   

jamalsheref2
Old 08-30-2020 , 21:07   the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #1

no matter what i do put sb_allow_leading 0 or sb_vs_always_hurry 0 they will still lead is it possible for anyone to make a plugin that stop these survivor bots from leading?
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2020 , 07:46   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #2

Try setting this cvar to 0

PHP Code:
sm_cvar allow_all_bot_survivor_team 0 // Allows bots to walk alone (0 = OFF, 1 = ON) 
Old 11-24-2020 , 15:10   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #3

no im talking about l4d1 not l4d2 and no allow_all_bot_survivor_team means the game still continues when even where there are no players in the game or if the player dies smh

Last edited by jamalsheref2; 11-24-2020 at 20:57.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 11-25-2020 , 07:26   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalsheref2 View Post
Title: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Quote:
no matter what i do put sb_allow_leading 0 or sb_vs_always_hurry 0 they will still lead is it possible for anyone to make a plugin that stop these survivor bots from leading?
Quote:
no im talking about l4d1 not l4d2 and no allow_all_bot_survivor_team means the game still continues when even where there are no players in the game or if the player dies smh
Is my English really broken to understand this or the author posted an answer for different thread by reading title from somewhere else accidentally..?
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2020 , 18:27   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #5

Well in L4D2 works but in L4D1 seems that this cvar is inexistent, the best way is to freeze the bots when there is no human playing, something like this, probably doing a search you may found something, I remember some posts related to this somewhere

Last edited by Marttt; 11-25-2020 at 18:27.
jamalsheref2
Old 11-27-2020 , 21:34   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Well in L4D2 works but in L4D1 seems that this cvar is inexistent, the best way is to freeze the bots when there is no human playing, something like this, probably doing a search you may found something, I remember some posts related to this somewhere
why would i freeze the bots when people are trying to play versus we can't have the bots stay still and there is no plugin anywhere i can found with this idea and everybody be saying they don't know how to do it
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2020 , 22:55   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #7

I'm not fluent in english but I really don't understand what you mean

Anyway I just suggest doing what -> pausing the game while there are no "humans" connected

You can try some plugins:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=126940
or
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1163613
Old 11-28-2020 , 00:54   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
I'm not fluent in english but I really don't understand what you mean

Anyway I just suggest doing what -> pausing the game while there are no "humans" connected

You can try some plugins:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=126940
or
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1163613
I believe he wants bots to stop leading when real players are around. His problem is that during Versus games, bots are leading instead of waiting for real players to move on and lead.
Old 12-03-2020 , 18:49   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I believe he wants bots to stop leading when real players are around. His problem is that during Versus games, bots are leading instead of waiting for real players to move on and lead.
yes thank you that's what i mean i wish valve never abandoned l4d1 it could had a lot of good update l4d1 is still a good game on xbox valve fix that and they follow you for some reason valve never fixed it on pc

Last edited by jamalsheref2; 12-03-2020 at 18:52.
jamalsheref2
Old 12-08-2023 , 13:39   Re: the problem with survivor bots in left 4 dead 1 versus
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
Fixed the problem that survivor bots always take the lead and won't wait behind the lead human player in versus mode

Plugin
Gamedata
Require: SourceScramble

Credit: Forgetest
What about l4d2 I'm curious how they would act in vs mode when they lead.