Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.17) [15-Nov-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-17-2019 , 23:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.8) [09-Nov-2019]
Reply With Quote #61

What are your "l4d_dissolve_time_min" and "l4d_dissolve_time_max" cvar values? I should have clamped these to 2.0 max. Anything greater could cause this problem by not killing the common as a backup because of the way it was scripted. I don't see why else it would still cause this problem.

PHP Code:
time GetRandomFloat(g_fCvarTimeMing_fCvarTimeMax);
Format(sTimesizeof sTime"OnUser1 !self:Kill::%f:1"time 0.5); 
I'll post an update soon to change this to a fixed value like 2.0. The particles don't last longer and its not needed to be so specific with the time.

Edit: Updated:
Quote:
1.9 (19-Dec-2019)
- Fix for potential godmode zombies from bad cvars.
- Clamped the time cvars value ranges.

Last edited by Silvers; 12-18-2019 at 21:24.
Silvers
Old 12-23-2019 , 19:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.9) [19-Dec-2019]
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy9860 View Post
Is there any way to disable the broken effect? I just want the body hidden when I kill them.
Done.

Because this plugin is uploaded using "Post Reply" to the thread, the forum defaults to the latest compiler version (1.11 as of writing). Download and compile locally for SM <= 1.10.

Changes:
Code:
1.3 (11-Jan-2024)
    - Added cvars to turn on/off the plugin in specific game mores. Requested by "S.A.S".

1.2 (12-Dec-2022)
    - Changes to fix compile warnings on SourceMod 1.11.

1.1 (20-Jan-2022)
    - Fixed not working on map change. Thanks to "Cloud talk" for reporting.

1.0 (24-Dec-2019)
    - Initial release.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_ragdoll_fader.sp - 184 views - 8.9 KB)

Last edited by Silvers; 01-11-2024 at 11:10.
Earendil
Old 01-07-2020 , 07:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.9) [19-Dec-2019]
Reply With Quote #63

I tested the last version for a few days, everything was going perfect, I didnt changed the default values of the plugin.

Then I installed Survivor_Legs from Lux, and godmode common infected are back again, easy to find one or 2 godmode infected on each campaing, they usually become godmode after being hit by a grenade or a boomer explosion.

I disabled Survivor_Legs and after 2 days of playing I have seen no more godmode zombies.
Silvers
Old 01-07-2020 , 15:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.9) [19-Dec-2019]
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
-
Thanks for the details, will look into this.

Edit: I can finally replicate the problem with pipebomb + vomitjar and loads of zombies. Survivor_Legs and LMC are not causing the problem.

Edit2: Updated, please try this and see how it goes. I think the problem was too many dying at once, maybe something with AddOutput "Kill", they're marked to be killed but the engine never kills them.

Originally (several versions ago) I messed up the code so it wasn't killing them as backup, then messed up LMC code so it wasn't killing those as backup, now this issues brought to light. I wonder if theres still something wrong.

Quote:
1.10 (07-Jan-2020)
- Changed max dissolve at once limit from 32 to 25. It seems 29 at once is where the problem starts.
- Potential fix for godmode zombies when too many die at once.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-07-2020 at 16:22.
Earendil
Old 01-08-2020 , 08:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.9) [19-Dec-2019]
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post

Edit: I can finally replicate the problem with pipebomb + vomitjar and loads of zombies. Survivor_Legs and LMC are not causing the problem.

Edit2: Updated, please try this and see how it goes. I think the problem was too many dying at once, maybe something with AddOutput "Kill", they're marked to be killed but the engine never kills them.

Originally (several versions ago) I messed up the code so it wasn't killing them as backup, then messed up LMC code so it wasn't killing those as backup, now this issues brought to light. I wonder if theres still something wrong.
I Had to disable it 5 minutes ago, even with survivor legs disabled, it finally happened again I tough it was cause of that plugin, but it seems I was very lucky until now. Hopefully the last version works!
Earendil
Old 01-14-2020 , 19:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.9) [19-Dec-2019]
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post

Still getting inmortal zombies , usually when they are covered by vomit due to a boomer explosion, I use Bile the World plugin.
Silvers
Old 01-14-2020 , 19:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.10) [07-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #67

Thanks. Guess I'll try patch the Dissolver entity to replace OnTakeDamage crash fix. Stupid game.
Old 01-15-2020 , 17:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.10) [07-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #68

Maybe try to mark infected? And every X seconds check if a zombie which should be deleted is still alive in game force dissolve it? I think common infected accept targetnames, so if you change its targetname you could find them and then force them to be deleted.
Silvers
Old 01-17-2020 , 17:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.12) [18-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #69

Code:
1.12 (18-Jan-2020)
    - GodMode zombies and crashing should really be solved now and never happen again.
    - Removed OnEntityDestroyed method.
After so long, I think this one should really fixes all the problems. But I've said that multiple times before with this plugin.

Godmode zombies won't happen anymore, but crash fix needs more testing. From the testing I've done the older versions would have crashed by now and this hasn't so fingers crossed it's all done.

Edit:
Code:
1.13 (20-Jan-2020)
    - Fix made compatible for L4D1.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-20-2020 at 08:25.
Shadowysn
Old 04-09-2020 , 11:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Dissolve Infected (1.14) [01-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #70

I initially thought I could do this with proper textures after seeing the bit with precaching a particle file, but turns out it wasn't the case. T'was a bit disappointing.

But I managed to make it compatible with survivors now, with a snippet from my L4D2CSRagdoll plugin.
This'll also delete the body used for defibbing, so it does make defibs useless.

There's things to improve though; I did this as a quick little thing.
Warning: This has the potential to crash your game! I definitely did something wrong.
EDIT: I've attempted to fix this fatal bug, but I am not sure if it will work.

Imgur post for both of these

It starts off disabled. The CVAR to enable it is l4d_dissolve_survivor.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_dissolve_infected.sp - 366 views - 25.8 KB)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 04-10-2020 at 01:46.