Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

chikencarnage
Old 02-28-2009 , 03:33   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerika View Post
Are you running the plugin to prevent crashes?
I am now, just as a precautionary thing, but before it was released I did not see the string table error's occur on my server nor did we experience any crashes on pl maps. the only thing that seemed to be causing crashes were the crashes related to the crit problems SM was having.

I am also running neph's fix for the timeout's at mapchange and a block for DDOS attacks. As far as sourcemod plugins go, basically just the basic plugins and dynamic map rotation, spray tracer, class restrictions and radio.
Old 02-28-2009 , 06:06   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStar View Post
Why can't i recomplie the plugins on my maschine?
I donwloaded SM 1.1.2 win (using XP prof) then if i run the exe it hangs on the first sp file and says internal error.
Anything on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	névtelen.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	38042  
markym
Old 02-28-2009 , 21:33   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Guys ..I hate to report this but after hours and hours of crashing on our TF2 server our provider asked me to remove SM 1.1.2 and MM and test the TF2 server without SM and MM as they had performed much testing and found that without SM and MM their other TF2 windows servers were running just fine. I've had our server now without SM and MM now for three hours and running our PL maps and all is working just fine and we've had no crashing on PL maps. Previously today our server was crashing non stop with 1.1.2 and MM 1.7.1 running. I'm missing having SM as I run it on two other servers we have.

It would appear that the crashing issues were related to SM and MM on our server. Tomorrow I'm going to do a fresh install of SM and MM and see what the results are. I'll then add plugins back in one at a time and test them for several hours to see if a plugin to SM was causing the crashes. I'll also first run SM and MM with only the plugins that come with the mod and report back my findings.

Last edited by markym; 02-28-2009 at 21:38.
Kramerika
Old 02-28-2009 , 21:42   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

A little update of my own. We have a Windows server on Source Mod 1.1.2, Metamod 1.7.1 with nothing else installed. The only custom plugins for Source Mod that we are running is advertisements, web shortcuts, swear filter, and afk manager. We were getting crashes every few hours and had to remove pl maps because they crashed it immediately. I installed the plugin from the link below this morning, and we have not had a single crash since then in 12 hours. Hopefully this gets fixed on Valve's or Source Mod's end of things, but for now it seems that we are stable again using that plugin.

http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?...ownload&cid=11
markym
Old 02-28-2009 , 21:45   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
A little update of my own. We have a Windows server on Source Mod 1.1.2, Metamod 1.7.1 with nothing else installed. The only custom plugins for Source Mod that we are running is advertisements, web shortcuts, swear filter, and afk manager. We were getting crashes every few hours and had to remove pl maps because they crashed it immediately. I installed the plugin from the link below this morning, and we have not had a single crash since then in 12 hours. Hopefully this gets fixed on Valve's or Source Mod's end of things, but for now it seems that we are stable again using that plugin.

http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?...ownload&cid=11
Kramer ...where did you install the files too on your server what folders SM or MM. The readme does not give any installation instructions with it. I'll give it a try.

Last edited by markym; 02-28-2009 at 22:43.
markym
Old 02-28-2009 , 23:18   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

update: our TF2 windows server finally crashed twice now on non pl maps too with both SM and MM removed. So it's not totally all SM and MM related and I wanted to post that info up. Granted it's crashed less but now crashing on any maps not just PL maps. Wow, Valve really f'd stuff up with the Scout update mates.
Kramerika
Old 02-28-2009 , 23:47   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by markym View Post
Kramer ...where did you install the files too on your server what folders SM or MM. The readme does not give any installation instructions with it. I'll give it a try.
It goes in the addons folder. In other words, the file structure inside the addons folder looks like this.

metamod
sourcemod
sop_stb
metamod.vdf
sop_stb.vdf

We are still getting the map change timeout bug (which we have been for months on end), but at least its not crashing anymore which is even worse. I might try Neph's plugin next to attempt to eliminate that problem. It's great that we have to rely on 3rd party plugins to put bandaids on server problems that the game developer should fix...
dann
Old 03-01-2009 , 04:05   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
It goes in the addons folder. In other words, the file structure inside the addons folder looks like this.

metamod
sourcemod
sop_stb
metamod.vdf
sop_stb.vdf

We are still getting the map change timeout bug (which we have been for months on end), but at least its not crashing anymore which is even worse. I might try Neph's plugin next to attempt to eliminate that problem. It's great that we have to rely on 3rd party plugins to put bandaids on server problems that the game developer should fix...
this plugin fixes the timeout on map change bug.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...hlight=timeout
WebNoob
Old 03-01-2009 , 11:23   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Hmmm....I've installed Source Mod 1.1.2, Metamod 1.7.1, the stop gap fixes for both the spy-crash related bug, and the map timeout bug, and we haven't had a crash in 3 days on 10 TF2 (windows 2003 servers).

Honestly, I think quite a few of these crashes also relate to the type of hardware you're running on. If you're on a typical (IMO) crappy gameservers/darkstar slot server (which will invariably be running on an overloaded box) you're going to more crash prone anyway than those of us running on dedicated hardware.
markym
Old 03-01-2009 , 12:57   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
Hmmm....I've installed Source Mod 1.1.2, Metamod 1.7.1, the stop gap fixes for both the spy-crash related bug, and the map timeout bug, and we haven't had a crash in 3 days on 10 TF2 (windows 2003 servers).

Honestly, I think quite a few of these crashes also relate to the type of hardware you're running on. If you're on a typical (IMO) crappy gameservers/darkstar slot server (which will invariably be running on an overloaded box) you're going to more crash prone anyway than those of us running on dedicated hardware.
true that WebNoob but our TF2 box was doing just fine with SM and MM before the Scout update. We actually had no issues at all. Plus I have two other games we run off our box that are doing just fine as well. I'm installing all the stop gap fixes and the timeout fix today and SM and MM fresh install. Fingers crossed here that this all works! Really appreciate all your help and input guys. I hope our conversations here are helping others too.
Closed Thread