12% 

[Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Synthesis
Old 03-22-2020 , 16:05   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFrog View Post
The person configuring the bot needs manage server to configure it.

The only two different formatting mode is simple or the embedded, in which you can toggle simple in the config, there was a PR #32 that tried to make the simple more configurable but went unfinished.
Are you able to tell me what the config setting would be to enable simple instead of embedded? It's not in the docs, and I am unable to find a good example of this online.

Quote:
For the documentation, the related files are housed in the repo under docs/ directory.
As much detail as you have in the documentation, it is not easy to follow for your average everyday non-technical person and is missing very important information, such as the fact that a user must have "Manage Server" as a permission in Discord. I was attempting to add this to zureal's discord with his support. He owns the server, and he was getting the same results as I was, with access denied.

I'm willing to setup a step by step guide for this for you, current as of 2.1.5 if you'd like. I just want to ensure that I fully understand the application and how it works before I do. I am a very firm believer in documenting even the simplest of things, providing screenshots and example configurations to make things work.

Quote:
The server went private because I use it for multiple projects, and it was getting to the point that I'm getting hundreds of questions a day, and I alone cannot handle that quantity. So, I prefer to use the forum, Sourcemod discord or Keybase for questions.
I understand this.