Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-10-2012 , 18:33   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #311

hmm sounds like l4d is plagued with the same idiocy as l4d2 downloads table...if this is the case there may be a fix, just never tested it on l4d1, only l4d2...basically you end up with a neverending loop on the loading screen...had that problem when i first setup downloads on my l4d2 server...on client connect and starting of downloading, first file completes fine then for some reason it wont continue on to other downloads...Let me know if this is your problem???
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-10-2012 , 18:40   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #312

Basically for anyone trying to get this to work in L4D or L4D2 I assume from what i've read so far that L4D is plagued with the same download problem as L4D2...Black screen bullcrap after starting downloads, which is obviously no good on a public server because most if not all people connecting get impatient and see it doing nothing so...

Follow the steps in this thread...Maybe it will help, if not PM me and i'll see what I can do to help...

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=175952

Give it a shot, this isn't for the technically challenged btw...however if followed to the letter it should work and give you a progress bar while downloading(no black screen anymore).
Dr.Joint
Old 12-11-2012 , 12:18   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #313

It seems to work, you just need to configure the fast dl right (the dropbox way doesnt works), and it seems to be working only with the sv_allow_lobby_connect_only "1" so my friends couldn't direct to the server at all only through lobby as the command say, that a big pain in the a**

Last edited by Dr.Joint; 12-11-2012 at 12:19.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-11-2012 , 13:42   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #314

actually it does work for direct connect, however u will get a black screen this way...but the downloading wont lockup after the first file being downloaded, and should commence as normal...test it out a bit... so far theres no way to correct this behavior....only through a lobby connect, did u set sv hosting lobby to 1. I think thats what fixed it for me, it forces direct connect into lobby to get actual campaign loading screen...now that i think of it that should work...let me know how u make out...and yes dropbox does work among the alternatives it was easiest to setup...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 12-11-2012 at 13:43.
Solarcaine
Old 12-11-2012 , 23:50   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #315

does this work with http downloads?
Shiny Magikarp
Old 02-03-2013 , 23:40   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #316

Every time we change our map now, Everyone redownloads everything on the list. Any sort of fix?
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2013 , 08:11   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #317

this works fine with TF2. nice! thanks! just what I was looking for
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2013 , 14:24   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Magikarp View Post
Every time we change our map now, Everyone redownloads everything on the list. Any sort of fix?
This almost always means that you have sv_pure 1 on, but the hl2/pure_server_whitelist.txt file doesn't have the files in question set to allow_from_disk.
Old 02-07-2013 , 23:19   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
This almost always means that you have sv_pure 1 on, but the hl2/pure_server_whitelist.txt file doesn't have the files in question set to allow_from_disk.
sv_pure
--------------------------------------------------------
sv_pure:

If set to 1, the server will force all client files except the whitelisted ones
(in pure_server_whitelist.txt) to match the server's files.

If set to 2, the server will force all client files to come from Steam (and it w
ill not load pure_server_whitelist.txt).

Current sv_pure value is 0.
--------------------------------------------------------

Anything else?
The 5th Survivor
Old 03-10-2013 , 18:37   Re: SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher
Reply With Quote #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
basically you end up with a neverending loop on the loading screen...had that problem when i first setup downloads on my l4d2 server...on client connect and starting of downloading, first file completes fine then for some reason it wont continue on to other downloads...Let me know if this is your problem???
That was pretty much the problem I had last time I tried using the plugin. I'm gonna give it another shot with your guide. Thanks

EDIT: Tried it with L4D1 and it works! But it refuses to work with VPKs in L4D1, only individual files I got to work. It seems to work with VPKs in L4D2 though.

Last edited by The 5th Survivor; 03-13-2013 at 12:56.