Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

A Friendly Reminder on No-Steam (Split from 1.8.1 Release Thread)

r@fitiiixxx
BANNED
Old 08-21-2008 , 20:20   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

no, brad, thanks... this has hurted my feelings and my beliefs... so NOT! i will post whenever someone or something bothers me. And your post of stop posting bothers me...
i would open a topic about this... seriously...

Last edited by r@fitiiixxx; 08-21-2008 at 20:25.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-21-2008 , 20:46   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Okay, enough of this for everyone. This thread is about the release of 1.8.1, not about Non-Steam. If you want to talk about that, take it to PMs or to a different site. Also, I am splitting this from the main topic and trashing it. If you have an issue with this, PM me about it, don't make a new post.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
danielkza
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-23-2008 , 00:50   Re: Split from 1.8.1 Release Thread

Very good argument, developers should spend millions in the game so you can just download for free because it's bad for your health. Just because you can't afford,they should just donate it to you. Just like that.

I totally agree. Makes much sense.

Also,making a small team suport dozens of versions of a pirated game is also just fine. Make them sweat so you can save a few bucks. The progress will be incredible. Lots of patchs,non-sense hacks,feature dropping,and all the good stuff.

Another point: Just because it's old, the most played online game, the one who made FPS popular, is just crap. Also is Valve,for making it, and all their other sucky games, they're just old crap.

One more: I would like to know what country is yours,where piracy is legal. I'll go live there, with all the AlliedModders comunity,just so we can support you.

Need say something more?
Greentryst
WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT?!
Old 08-23-2008 , 00:52   Re: Split from 1.8.1 Release Thread

I am moving this thread from the trash to the top forum so I can make the rules crystal clear.

A couple helpful reminders:
- No-Steam is illegal in the US. We are in the US. We abide by law. We do not allow illegal things here.
- No-Steam gives you the benefit of playing the game without the developer receiving any support in return. If you want to play so badly, pay for it.

This has been discussed in great detail elsewhere, including in BAILOPAN's post on the topic.

I have already banned several people for using No-Steam, whether they admit to it or try to mask it and are exposed by their questions, and I continue to hunt down their kin. The truth always comes out eventually. And I don't care if you use both Steam and No-Steam, or if you'll switch to a legal copy Real Soon Now. We do not accept that here, for support, legal, and moral reasons.

r@fitiiixxx, your arrogance is astonishing. It is not often that I see someone so dismissive, if not downright sanctimonious, while defending such a clearly and utterly wrong cause. You are permanently banned and I will keep careful watch to ensure you never taint these forums again with your presence.
Send a message via ICQ to Greentryst Send a message via AIM to Greentryst Send a message via MSN to Greentryst Send a message via Yahoo to Greentryst Send a message via Skype™ to Greentryst
Iwon
BANNED
Old 08-23-2008 , 05:32   Re: Split from 1.8.1 Release Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentryst View Post
I am moving this thread from the trash to the top forum so I can make the rules crystal clear.

A couple helpful reminders:
- No-Steam is illegal in the US. We are in the US. We abide by law. We do not allow illegal things here.
- No-Steam gives you the benefit of playing the game without the developer receiving any support in return. If you want to play so badly, pay for it.

This has been discussed in great detail elsewhere, including in BAILOPAN's post on the topic.

I have already banned several people for using No-Steam, whether they admit to it or try to mask it and are exposed by their questions, and I continue to hunt down their kin. The truth always comes out eventually. And I don't care if you use both Steam and No-Steam, or if you'll switch to a legal copy Real Soon Now. We do not accept that here, for support, legal, and moral reasons.

r@fitiiixxx, your arrogance is astonishing. It is not often that I see someone so dismissive, if not downright sanctimonious, while defending such a clearly and utterly wrong cause. You are permanently banned and I will keep careful watch to ensure you never taint these forums again with your presence.
See the difference ;)
No steam = No support
Steam = Support
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-23-2008 , 06:26   Re: Split from 1.8.1 Release Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentryst View Post
Well - to be honnest - I believe if he got banned, more than likely he even cannot browse this forum (including reading Your answer). So maybe You can send to him an email with that info (I believe You can contact with admins to get his email). Also he should know that it's impossible to get 3 times in a row the karma+/- from the same person in the short time (this is how karma system works here). He should know he just got it from some other persons probably disapointed by his arrogance...