Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcebans Compatible with CS2?

Post New Thread Reply   

Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-08-2023 , 17:30   Sourcebans Compatible with CS2?
Reply With Quote #1

Is it compatible or not. Doesn't seem to be working for me. Works fine for the CS:S server. Is there some other setup needed other than the web and server side install in the tutorial? I used CS:GO as the game type since I didn't see CS2

Last edited by Doulos; 11-08-2023 at 17:35. Reason: change title
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-20-2023 , 16:15   Re: Sourcebans Compatible with CS2?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
Is it compatible or not. Doesn't seem to be working for me. Works fine for the CS:S server. Is there some other setup needed other than the web and server side install in the tutorial? I used CS:GO as the game type since I didn't see CS2
At this point, you can pretty-much assume nothing that worked with CS:GO works any more with CS2. Valve swapped-out the underlying engine. So at a low-level, its basically a new game, mimicking the old game on a new(er) engine. Changes to "status" command output have probably broken parsing of RCon responses, etc. No SourceMod for it yet. Looks like maybe a fork named Source2Mod is in the works, but no release yet.

There is also CounterStrikeSharp mod (kind of like SourceMod in terms of function, but written in c-sharp/c#, runs on .NET/Mono, etc.) https://github.com/roflmuffin/CounterStrikeSharp. They might have some sort of ban-management plug-in now.

Last edited by Weasel; 12-20-2023 at 16:52. Reason: Changes in the relative positions of the Sun, the Moon and the stars.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2023 , 11:26   Re: Sourcebans Compatible with CS2?
Reply With Quote #3

Follow up on the csharp discord and AM discord. There's discussions for sourcebans for cs2 utilizing cs# at the moment