Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod

Post New Thread Reply   

ChrisP
Old 05-29-2010 , 23:55   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #21

There have been complications with the plugin. Dragonzk and I have been too busy with our personal lives to work on attempting to find out why they are occurring by continually testing the mod. This is the reason that XP Mod has not been released.

The problem is that this thing will crash, usually at around the two day mark. Though I am a decent C++ programmer, this is my first coding experience in sourcemod and there are about 15,000 lines of code, a good portion of which are borrowed from various sources provided by the brilliant coders here on the forums. That being said, a huge portion of this code is from Perkmod which has, or at least had when I studied it, a similar problem where it crashes about the two day mark. Honestly though, I cannot see a reason to move forward until this dreadful problem is solved, and I am absolutely lost as to what could be causing the mod to crash. It probably has something to do with the perkmod code that I used, but I'm not sure what talent or bit of code is causing this.

Anyway, I am going to speak with Dragonzk to see if he is willing to release XPMod in its current state so that you guys, if you desire, can help resolve this crashing issue. Maybe if people start playing on it, they might discover what could be causing the plugin to crash the server. I am willing to continue putting this plug-in together, but I won't code in any additional talents until this issue is resolved.

-Chris
ChrisP
Old 07-04-2010 , 07:13   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #22

Update:

Well, it looks like the server crashing problem may have been resolved. I had a dedicated server up and running for over a week without any problems or errors. But a new problem has risen, after updating to 2.0.2.3 and now 2.0.2.4, the custom particles and sounds have ceased to work. My understanding is that Valve has broken the vpks, and they no longer work for what we need. However, we believe that they will be releasing a patch soon to fix this problem, like they did when they broke the custom skins inside vpks. As soon as they release this patch that fixes the particles and sounds in vpks, we will release the survivor version of XPMod, and then we will begin work on the special infected talents for versus. I apologize to anyone who has been waiting patiently for this, but we cant fix what valve has broken, so we must wait on them to correct it. Hopefully a fix will come soon.
ReHAXor
Old 09-05-2010 , 05:50   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #23

any news?
Old 10-04-2010 , 06:03   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #24

Cant wait for this!
Dragonzk
Old 10-22-2010 , 22:13   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #25

Those of you looking for information on XPMod should follow this link...

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=141391

Last edited by Dragonzk; 10-23-2010 at 15:27.
Elektramode
Old 10-29-2010 , 10:30   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #26

wow... I played on the test server and I was extremely pleased, but may I just ask on Rochelle talent, when she uses invisibility will the infected still attack her??? just wondering since could you just use the command to disable the ai working for just that player?... Mmm seems slightly complicated, anyways I am really eager for this release

Last edited by Elektramode; 10-29-2010 at 10:42.
Dragonzk
Old 10-30-2010 , 06:53   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #27

That would be incredibly complicated, and I'm not even sure if it is possible...keep in mind though invisibility only affects people with eyes, ie; other players, not the AI...however this mod is intended to be a PvP mod, so we really are not going to do anything about the AI most likely...

Anyway, back to Rochelle, if you're referring to the common infected still attacking her while her "Silent Assassin" bind is active, the 75% increased melee attack speed generally makes quick work of them, so it isn't a big deal, ha ha.

Thanks for testing the mod by the way, come back to the server anytime, I generally play pretty frequently (Dragonzk). If you decide to play regularly you may also join the XPMod Steam Group for news about our progress on the mod and easy access to the server.
Old 10-30-2010 , 11:59   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #28

Ahh well I understand, thank you for your friendly reply and for the knowledge ^^ ... Awesome work !1!1

Last edited by Elektramode; 10-30-2010 at 12:08.
Elektramode
Old 03-06-2011 , 12:41   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #29

has this died?
born2kill
Old 03-29-2011 , 03:08   Re: [L4D2] A look at the upcoming XPMod
Reply With Quote #30

nope its alive and kicking lol just join the steam group located here
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/xpmod
there is quite a few servers running this