Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Anti-cheat programs || What do YOU use?

Post New Thread Reply   

fxfighter
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2008 , 09:10   Re: Anti-cheat programs || What do YOU use?
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
which 'anticheat' are you refering to?
hackhunter

Quote:
normal match? how does one know if its a normal match or not in an amxx server.
forced them to always give rcon before playing whit them and whit that i can use
amxx plugins
meta list

and whit admin access
amx_plugins...

and those client sides anti cheats arent always runing for them if they use hacks.
its like 1/20 of them ho got some form of way seeing if they are runing it and most of them costs to run on a public server.
if you get past the server population limit and other wich is really common whit them

Last edited by fxfighter; 11-07-2008 at 09:26.
Send a message via MSN to fxfighter
minimiller
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2008 , 09:23   Re: Anti-cheat programs || What do YOU use?
Reply With Quote #22

or do amx_default_access "b"
Gives them access to reservation
Then they can use amx_plugins and amx_modules
Old 11-08-2008 , 22:48   Re: Anti-cheat programs || What do YOU use?
Reply With Quote #23

seriously you dont want nothing to be running in the background while you are trying to play a serious game. affecting the performance/rego of the server is a big no no

why would you want to give out your rcon password to unknown clans.
doesnt make any sense. they can just disable "hackhunter" or whatever then if they got rcon

" and those client sides anti cheats arent always runing for them if they use hacks."

try sXe . with enforce mode. you must use the client in order to join the server. without it. you just get kicked out of the server

main issue about amxx is the unknown about it
even if you can amx_plugins. it doesnt even matter lol
i can just add extra code to hackhunter and have toggle godmode code in there for my team. ive seen it done before

hackhunter is more of a gimmick than real protection
most hackers in a war. dont use aimbot or rapidfire or wateva
all they use is wallhacks
i wouldnt even use hackhunter in a real match. its more of a plugin designed for pub use/servers

edit: got this from the hackhunter forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhunter
But how it detects wallhack ?? Only if tou kill someone through walls ???

It's not a real detector of wallhack. It's just a method to prevent it. Exists idiots who use wallhack and kill people only trough walls. So if someone kill "x" people more that "x" times will appear a message..
Doesen't exists any way to detect real wallhack with amxmodx
you do know in wars. the real pros love to spam walls. so imagine my team playing a cs war and i spam the wall and kill 4 people
will i get banned for that? what a joke

Last edited by plasmo; 11-08-2008 at 22:51. Reason: extra info
Send a message via MSN to plasmo
fxfighter
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2008 , 06:40   Re: Anti-cheat programs || What do YOU use?
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxfighter View Post
Why should you trust them if they cant trust you?
You will just have amxx runing to be able to use a anticheat.
If you give them same admin access as you while playing and disable everything else then it should be okey.(Admin access not ftp...)
Because they will be able to do same stuff as you and see what plugins you got runing and cmds availiable.
Sure you can have edited the anti-cheat to work auto whit nick control but its still a lot safer then playing on a unprotected server.

If they still dont trust you then how can you trust them for not runing any client side program to boost themself.,
where enyone can use cheats to help themselfs.
Because its more suspicus not being allowed to run a anticheat under same conditions as everyone else then runing a unprotected se
point already taken btw you can edit/make meta plugins easy aswell to work like you want.
By having admin acces you can check what plugins commands cvars that the server is runing as i already have mentioned.

if you got a command menu or something to toggle goodmode it can be easly fund unless they use name check and make it work auto but that means they cant disable it as i mentioned.
unless they use a key detection on like use button unless that
it is 100% goodmode/no clip witch they cant hide and you will see they are obvius cheating.

The worst thing that they can do by giving out recon is baning you on your own server.
And sence your the owner you can easly edit the ban file.
They can only abuse amxx cmds if you got those plugins loaded witch i earlier said you should turn of sense its a match.
and if the turn of the anticheat then you can easly see it and disqualify them.
some plugins crash the server when you turn them of and i think hack hunter is one of them.

hackhunter was just an example of a anti cheat plugin you can use.
it checks everything except wh sense its imposiable to detect 100%

btw we have had a few threads here where people have been vac banned for runing sxe wich really sucks.
what if the server is runing a redirect meta/amxx plugin then they might get forced into a server and get banned.
Have heard a lot of people getting tricked that way and had to get an new account.
so the only time someone should consider it is on unprotected no steam server wich i doubt people play matches on or play at all on sense it requires a client side program.

Last edited by fxfighter; 11-09-2008 at 07:01.
Send a message via MSN to fxfighter