Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Murder (version 0.5.1 Beta)

Post New Thread Reply   

SomePanns
Old 05-18-2017 , 02:10   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.4 Beta)
Reply With Quote #21

0.4 Beta has been released guys! Find the latest version as usual attached to this thread. Unfortunately we did promise music to this update, but due to exams it's going to come in a later version. I hope you understand.
SomePanns
Old 05-19-2017 , 13:42   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.5 Beta)
Reply With Quote #22

0.5 beta is now officially released! If you find any bugs please report it to me as soon as possible.

From now on you will only be able to find the latest version on the GitHub, except for the source that I always keep updated in the OP.

Download the latest version here.
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2017 , 17:06   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.3 Beta)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePanns View Post
I've looked through the code that @SnowTigerVidz added and I don't recommend anyone to use it.
Just because it's not official doesn't mean it's not bad

Jillchang
Old 05-19-2017 , 17:43   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.5 Beta)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
0.5 beta is now officially released! If you find any bugs please report it to me as soon as possible.

From now on you will only be able to find the latest version on the GitHub, except for the source that I always keep updated in the OP.

Download the latest version here.
Nice update! Will try it very very soon.

As for tiger, I think it's great you are helping out, it's just I think they are saying it may not be the most optimized code?
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2017 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.5 Beta)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillchang View Post
Nice update! Will try it very very soon.

As for tiger, I think it's great you are helping out, it's just I think they are saying it may not be the most optimized code?
I believe thats the case, since I really didn't code it "myself" and never really optimised it either.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2017 , 09:03   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.3 Beta)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Remember that the official version always will be attached to the thread and in my github (SirPurpleness). 0.4 will be released later today with music option.

I've looked through the code that @SnowTigerVidz added and I don't recommend anyone to use it.
This post sounds very selfish, and ego-centric, you can't tell people from which repository they can take the plugin

I also I looked into @SnokTigerVidz's code, unlike you, and I can tell the code seems very much fine.
If you had really looked into his code, and it was really bad (which is not), you would have told him, what should be changed/improved.

@All
if you want to have music in your murder mode, I actually recommend you to download it, and don't let yourself get influenced by some guy, who says because it's not official, it's bad, they seem to forget the point of GPL, where everyone can edit the plugin's source to add new features.

Last edited by Benoist3012; 05-21-2017 at 09:04.
SomePanns
Old 05-21-2017 , 10:57   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.3 Beta)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
This post sounds very selfish, and ego-centric, you can't tell people from which repository they can take the plugin

I also I looked into @SnokTigerVidz's code, unlike you, and I can tell the code seems very much fine.
If you had really looked into his code, and it was really bad (which is not), you would have told him, what should be changed/improved.

@All
if you want to have music in your murder mode, I actually recommend you to download it, and don't let yourself get influenced by some guy, who says because it's not official, it's bad, they seem to forget the point of GPL, where everyone can edit the plugin's source to add new features.
The reason to why I don't recommend it isn't because I'm ego-centric or whatever you're trying to say to start a drama, it's because it's extremely unprofessional - and I want to keep the plugin to certain standards.

To begin with he copied from another plugin because he's in a rush and has little to no time, which could mean that he didn't have the time properly go through the code he actually pasted into the source of Murder, which has it's risk.

The 2nd reason is because this plugin is written with the new syntax, while the code he copied is written in the old syntax. He simply removed
PHP Code:
#pragma newdecls required 
, added code with the old syntax and simply compiled it. Which, again, is extremely unprofessional even for someone who has no time.

If you want to edit the source on someone's request to add a feature, you're free to do so, but if you post the download in my thread and the source is poorly made, then I will (and you can't stop me) not recommend them to use it because I can add it myself properly.

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

Last edited by SomePanns; 05-21-2017 at 11:13.
SomePanns
Old 05-21-2017 , 14:29   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.5 Beta)
Reply With Quote #28

0.5.1 relased with some small bug fixes.

* Changed murderer speed bonus from 370 to 400
* Fixed a rare bug where the round win would not trigger if a dead person was in red
* Fixed a bug where you could spam !newsheriff
* Fixed a bug where the HUD in the top left corner wouldn't appear if you joined late during prepare round stage
Jillchang
Old 05-21-2017 , 17:04   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.5.1 Beta)
Reply With Quote #29

Nice, looking forward to more updates!
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-21-2017 , 17:30   Re: [TF2] Murder (version 0.3 Beta)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
If you want to edit the source on someone's request to add a feature, you're free to do so, but if you post the download in my thread and the source is poorly made, then I will (and you can't stop me) not recommend them to use it because I can add it myself properly.

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.
So I guess trying to help out is a bad thing.