Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

-pk-
Old 02-14-2009 , 00:12   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.3)
Reply With Quote #11

New version 1.0.3 is released. Config updated with new cvars.
- Add cvar l4d_ff_grendmg_min, Grenade or Fire damage above this value will still hurt, but will not count against the player's FF limit.
- Add cvar l4d_ff_grendmg_max_team, a player can deal this much Grenade or Fire damage to Team before the damage is prevented.
- Add cvar l4d_ff_grendmg_max_teammate, a player can deal this much Grenade or Fire damage to Teammate before the damage is prevented.
- Damage to incapacitated players will no longer count towards FF limit, and will deal the normal damage.

l4d_ff_teammate must now be set to 30+ instead of 25+ to allow banning by teammate FF damage. This is to account for some fire damage. I don't recommend banning by Teammate damage, but if you want to you should either lower l4d_ff_grendmg_max_teammate or raise l4d_ff_teammate to account for accidental FF damage.

"l4d_ff_grendmg_min" is the maximum amount of Grenade/Fire damage that will be counted against a player. While the two "max" values will limit and allow damage above the min, so nothing is taken away from the normal gameplay experience. You could think of min as a "soft cap" and the two max values as a "hard cap".

Damage against incapacitated players wont count as FF. This is to prevent downed players from rapidly increasing your FF when on fire.

Last edited by -pk-; 02-14-2009 at 00:58.
Number Six
Old 02-14-2009 , 01:51   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.3)
Reply With Quote #12

Add cvar l4d_ff_grendmg_min, Grenade or Fire damage above this value will still hurt, but will not count against the player's FF limit.
Allow damage value and not count in FF global ?

Add cvar l4d_ff_grendmg_max_team, a player can deal this much Grenade or Fire damage to Team before the damage is prevented.
Count if value over xxx ?

Add cvar l4d_ff_grendmg_max_teammate, a player can deal this much Grenade or Fire damage to Teammate before the damage is prevented.
Count if value over on 1 player ?

Not possiblity 1 cvar ^^ ?

I research setup :
Weapons count for FF limit team or just 1 player.
But fire ou grenade damage not count for limit inclued , choose infinite 0 ? (but players taken real damage in the game but not count for the plugin)

Last edited by Number Six; 02-14-2009 at 01:58.
-pk-
Old 02-14-2009 , 02:18   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.3)
Reply With Quote #13

All damage counts for both Team and Teammate. If a any limit is reached, the damage is prevented and will not count.

l4d_ff_grendmg_min - This is the max amount of Fire damage that will be counted in l4d_ff_limit and l4d_ff_teammate.

l4d_ff_grendmg_max_team - Any Fire damage over this is prevented and will not count.
l4d_ff_grendmg_max_teammate - Any Fire damage over this is prevented and will not count.

l4d_ff_grendmg_min "20"
l4d_ff_grendmg_max_team "40"
This means count 20 damage (min), but deal up to 40 damage (max).

Edit: when I simplified the plugin, I forgot to add back in l4d_ff_grendmg_min = 0 properly. Will fix this shortly. **FIXED in 1.0.4

Last edited by -pk-; 02-14-2009 at 03:49.
Number Six
Old 02-14-2009 , 02:53   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.3)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pk- View Post
All damage counts for both Team and Teammate. If a any limit is reached, the damage is prevented and will not count.

l4d_ff_grendmg_min - This is the max amount of Fire damage that will be counted in l4d_ff_limit and l4d_ff_teammate.

l4d_ff_grendmg_max_team - Any Fire damage over this is prevented and will not count.
l4d_ff_grendmg_max_teammate - Any Fire damage over this is prevented and will not count.

l4d_ff_grendmg_min "20"
l4d_ff_grendmg_max_team "40"
This means count 20 damage (min), but deal up to 40 damage (max).

Edit: when I simplified the plugin, I forgot to add back in l4d_ff_grendmg_min = 0 properly. Will fix this shortly.
Just need ON/OFF option count fire/grenades damages for the plugin ,BUT players taken full damages ingame if option off.
Others options are great if a admin decided count fire/grenades ON but really not necessary if turn Off.

Team killer with grenades or fire are too rare , and immediatly banned by votes players
Personnaly not look a tk fire since the game out .... Not possiblity in saferoom (players wait and not moving), plugin tk no allow the damages on start ^^ .

Last edited by Number Six; 02-14-2009 at 03:00.
-pk-
Old 02-14-2009 , 03:04   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.4)
Reply With Quote #15

If you do not want grenade damage to count as FF, then set l4d_ff_grendmg_min to 0 (it wont count toward the FF limit).

Then you can set the maximum grenade damage with max_team & max_teammate or set it to 0 for no limit.

Last edited by -pk-; 02-14-2009 at 03:41. Reason: changed in 1.0.5
Number Six
Old 02-14-2009 , 03:14   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.4)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
If you do not want grenade damage to count as FF, then set l4d_ff_grendmg_min to 1 (it will only count 1 damage).

Then you can set the maximum grenade damage with max_team & max_teammate or set it to 0 for no limit.
Ok ! Thanks for explains.
Tested tomorrow , good night

-pk-
Old 02-14-2009 , 03:36   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.4)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
If you do not want grenade damage to count as FF, then set l4d_ff_grendmg_min to 0 (it wont count toward the FF limit).

I changed it to 0 = "do not count". I was able to reword the description to count 0 as "none" and -1 as "infinite".

I was worried people would have been confused with a min value of 0, but now it is easier to understand.

This is the only change in 1.0.4 to 1.0.5.

Last edited by -pk-; 02-14-2009 at 03:41.
Number Six
Old 02-14-2009 , 16:45   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.4)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
I changed it to 0 = "do not count". I was able to reword the description to count 0 as "none" and -1 as "infinite".

I was worried people would have been confused with a min value of 0, but now it is easier to understand.

This is the only change in 1.0.4 to 1.0.5.
Tested with fire apparently work
But admin immunity don't work 1.0.5, auto ban for admin ON , fix plz

-pk-
Old 02-14-2009 , 17:14   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.5)
Reply With Quote #19

Which flags does the admin have? In 1.0.4, I changed it from basic admin immunity, to immunity if they have any of these flags: abcdfz
Edit: LOL while rewriting the admin check portion I have it return true for admins and now it will ban ONLY admins (not normal players).

Found a small bug with Notify/Ban by team FF limit. This is because each bullet is 1 damage in normal difficulty and so there was no excess damage. The limits were accidentally being checked after the first point of damage was prevented (after limit was reached), but this never occured for the team FF limit because of another check in the very beginning that quickly prevents all damage when that limit is reached.

Last edited by -pk-; 02-15-2009 at 13:23.
Number Six
Old 02-14-2009 , 18:03   Re: [L4D] Friendly-Fire Limit (1.0.5)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Which flags does the admin have? In 1.0.3, I changed it from basic admin immunity, to immunity if they have any of these flags: abcdfz

Found a small bug with Notify/Ban by team FF limit. This is because each bullet is 1 damage in normal difficulty and so there was no excess damage. The limits were accidentally being checked after the first point of damage was prevented (after limit was reached), but this never occured for the team FF limit because of another check in the very beginning that quickly prevents all damage when that limit is reached.
Me Z , my second admin bc , but not work for the 2.
Admin immune work 100% with 1.0.2

Last edited by Number Six; 02-14-2009 at 18:05.