8% 

VIP plugin that allows skins only for VIP

Post New Thread Reply   

mlov420
Old 11-03-2018 , 10:19   Re: VIP plugin that allows skins only for VIP
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cock View Post
How do I override !we and !knife to a flag?

EDIT:found it
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Overridi...ess_(SourceMod)

Interesting. Is that so unusual?
Very unusual since Monday, Wednesday, and Friday GSLT bans have been happening like clockwork since they implemented the system.
HvG Community
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-03-2018 , 11:53   Re: VIP plugin that allows skins only for VIP
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Very unusual since Monday, Wednesday, and Friday GSLT bans have been happening like clockwork since they implemented the system.
I have contacted Valve a week ago in regards to this and explained them how servers are bypassing these rules and my idea how they can fix it. So I hope its because of that.
Squallkins
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-04-2018 , 21:13   Re: VIP plugin that allows skins only for VIP
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
By profiteering off illegal plugins, do you mean similarly to token stash , the site you own and operate that allows people to purchase quantities of Game Server Login Tokens exclusively for servers that run illegal plugins?

I'm no moral authority, but I think you are likely one of the last people in this forum that should take the holier-than-thou approach to illegal plugins.

Edit - I want to add that I have a ton of respect for you for the things you've brought to the community. You are always seemingly pretty helpful, including to me in the past. I've also bought from this service from you in the past. I just can't understand why someone like you, of all people, are constantly taking this approach to illegal plugin discussion when you are at the forefront of it with services you provide.

This is something I have always found amusing. Any mention of NoSteam and any discussion will lead to thread being closed off or the poster being told off.

On the other hand , you have multiple plugin threads in the plugins section on illegal plugins like !ws albeit in the unapproved section, discussion of said illegal plugins is not moderated anywhere on the forums and then finally you have Sourcemod Moderators who openly use !ws and other illegal plugins.

Nothing against the above, just find it funny.
.raM
Old 11-04-2018 , 22:54   Re: VIP plugin that allows skins only for VIP
Reply With Quote #14

Yes it is funny!
It just double standards... I think its been around since humans are self-conscious.

I blame Valve doe cause Valve actually breaks/bans our mods/servers on weekly basis,meanwhile this wonderful community is just trying to follow the rules of already multifaced corporation so there is nothing else to be expected as chain reaction
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-04-2018 , 23:34   Re: VIP plugin that allows skins only for VIP
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallkins View Post
This is something I have always found amusing. Any mention of NoSteam and any discussion will lead to thread being closed off or the poster being told off.

On the other hand , you have multiple plugin threads in the plugins section on illegal plugins like !ws albeit in the unapproved section, discussion of said illegal plugins is not moderated anywhere on the forums and then finally you have Sourcemod Moderators who openly use !ws and other illegal plugins.

Nothing against the above, just find it funny.
There's always a way to twist every single thing towards your own likings.

The way I personally read things back then, Valve kindly asked communities to stop providing these things.

A kind request doesn't mean something is "illegal" per say, Valve cannot really dictate laws. Yet on the other hand, I see your point about similarities. Pirate copying Steam stuff (NoSteam) as "stealing" access to something, and the !ws/!knife way as "stealing" access something else.

However, if you should have access to the skins, why shouldn't I also have? Isn't there also something about equal rights out there? Or am I completely wrong here?

Seen from your funny side of the story, there are also law enforcement and tax government employees out there taking in illegal contractors or foreign workers that are not licensed / permitted to do work in the country where they are supposed to work, as well as other kind of illegal / fraud related stuff, that they in their job work to protect against...

But all this discussion is obviously off-topic from the original topic of OP's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .raM View Post
Yes it is funny!
It just double standards... I think its been around since humans are self-conscious.
Some people say standards are good, but double standards as are double as good...

But well, let's put the fun aside...

Again, I will suggest everyone of this thread to stay on topic with what OP has posted, and do not go off-topic like this seems to be, as that kind of discussion it has no relevance to the real topic of OP's thread.

If you want to discuss the opinions of Valve, of administrators/moderators, or any other off-topic stuff that have no relevance for the original thread, make your own thread, for example in the Off-Topic section..

There are literally no reasons for a thousand different people to come and say exact the same, in the exact same thread!

If you have any problems with this (or any other threads, or posts), do not respond to the thread, but use the Report Post button, and provide a detailed description of your concern.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].