Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Tf2 Demo Sticky-turned-not sticky

Post New Thread Reply   

Vox Dei
Old 09-17-2011 , 15:12   Tf2 Demo Sticky-turned-not sticky
Reply With Quote #1

Greetings,

Now that the .ctx files are run through API, what would have been simple is now not. Being able to choose what class spawns with what weapons is one. A plugin that would allow me to restrict scattergun and scattergun offspring (found items) from scouts would be great- give em a weaker shotgun like the soldiers. I would also like to give the scattergun to the medic and soldier.

*And the demo's stickie launcher, is there anyway to make the stickies bounce and not stick? or make the blue launcher hold more ammo and explode with a right-click?

*Maybe it could take away the prerequesite of being zoomed in with the snipers rifle to be able to charge and shoot? maybe let the snipers be able to jump as well?

I tried using the extension Tf2items method, not only is that horribly confusing but im not sure it would serve my purpose for the basic gun spawn loadout. Searched through tons before posting this, tried editing multiple ctx files before realizing it was useless. Tried many weapon givers/managers and such.

This would be a great plugin to add alongside nade plugin and other tfc lovers stuff.

Anyway, if anyone thinks this is doable or worth doing. They would receive much appreciation from a medically retired infantrymen.
******EDIT******
(as for above and below)
Flamin'Sarge was of course correct and tf2items was a great use in nerfing the scout.

(but)
1.) If anyone knows a way to make the demo's sticky non sticky, or to remove the autoexplode on pipes and have right click detonate.
2.) a way to make the sniper rifle charge while not zoomed (there is an attrib for it but it was unimplemented and doesn't seem to work.)

3.) Also, if anyone knows an easy way to make a plugin that autorecognizes someones spawn class and will run a server command on them.

I would be highly appreciative, and i'm sure others could get some use at this info in way or another aswell.

Thanks!

Last edited by Vox Dei; 09-21-2011 at 12:14. Reason: Update- part of request was satisfied by existing tf2items extension
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2011 , 04:39   Re: Tf2 Weapons you spawn with, Scout\Demo Fix\Sniper fix
Reply With Quote #2

You'd definitely want TF2Items ext for half of this, and you definitely want to read over the TF2Items usage again so that you're not "Terribly confused".
You could always use the TF2Items GiveWeapon plugin to give out weapons, and it has natives that you can call to give weapons on specific events hooked by your own plugins.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Vox Dei
Old 09-19-2011 , 13:42   Re: Tf2 Weapons you spawn with, Scout\Demo Fix\Sniper fix
Reply With Quote #3

So, you're saying that tf2items can take care of giving the scout the soldiers shotgun (but can it prevent them from equipping better versions of the scattergun, limit them to the regular shot gun line? and it will be true upon spawn, or can I only set other plugins to run tf2item cvars on certain events other than spawn?) and it can give the medic the scattergun?

But any ideas about fixing the demo? more than anything, (other than sticking it to the scout ) id like to see the friction/sticking of the stickies turn to a bounce or possibly using the non sticky launcher and adding the ability to right click to detonate (possibly changing how much ammo it holds.)

The sniper being able to charge and shoot, zoom optional would be nice (maybe take the restriction off jumping,) but ultimately its the scout and demo i want to try to fix on my server.

I'll go try again at tf2items and hit up their support for the exchanging of basic weapons, but will this help restrict the scout to the shotgun line of items?

Regardless, thanks for the response.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2011 , 13:47   Re: Tf2 Weapons you spawn with, Scout\Demo Fix\Sniper fix
Reply With Quote #4

Well, that's not entirely how it works...

The soldier's shotgun is a secondary weapon, while the scout scattergun is a primary weapon. You can give the Engineer's shotgun to the scout, which should behave identically to the soldier shotgun, except in the primary slot. There's a plugin that uses the TF2Items extension that already does that.

I'm not sure about the demoman change, but I know that with TF2Items you can change the zoom scale/walk speed of zooming on snipers, so that you'd be "zoomed in" but you could move around as if you weren't zoomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Dei View Post
... i want to try to fix on my server.
I think, more than 'fixing' the classes, you're just trying to have a kind of TFC variant in TF2. I thought there was already a plugin that did that?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Vox Dei
Old 09-19-2011 , 14:03   Re: Tf2 Weapons you spawn with, Scout\Demo Fix\Sniper fix
Reply With Quote #5

Yes, exactly. Trying to make it like tfc2 server. There is a tf2classic plugin, the plugin in its entirety doesnt work well, but later in the newer pages of his thread Cranck has an unfinished replacement. Tf2renades.smx, and an armor.smx and a fov.smx... they run great, (armor seems broke) but they dont address the issues I posted.

I didn't realize tf2items could address the sniper issue as well. Definitely, want to look into that.

however, the major issue is the demo change, there is nothing out there for it, and would run great along side other tfc style plugins.

Thanks Sgt, I asked ridiculous questions and you weren't too hard on this out-of-touch vet. You pointed me in a good direction.

Last edited by Vox Dei; 09-21-2011 at 12:17. Reason: removing irrelevant info
Vox Dei
Old 09-21-2011 , 12:20   Re: Tf2 Demo Sticky-turned-not sticky
Reply With Quote #6

BTW, anyone who viewed/views this who is interested in the results of the demo request.

on tf2items one of the attribs adjustable is the detonation mode, has an airburst mode which gives it a good tfc quality.

If we can get the stickys not to stick or the pipes to right click det, we will be in business.