Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker

Post New Thread Reply   

V1SoR
Old 10-07-2012 , 05:12   [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #1

I was wondering for a long time now if it would be possible to enable both M1&M2 when pulled by a Smoker. They don't get disabled if you have a primary weapon equipped at the moment when you're being pulled though, only if it's a melee. Thus it's a gg for Smoker since the Survivor has no way of saving himself - no meleeing, no bashing.

The steps I took trying to figure this out on my own:

1. Studied the sourcecode for the SmokeIT plugin.
It was pretty informative for general education, but it didn't provide the necessary info for my case. Basically, the SetEntityMoveType(Smoker, MOVETYPE_ISOMETRIC) is the thing that enables the Smoker's ability to move while smoking someone. And I failed at my attempts of finding here an according flag that would let me enable both attack actions.

2. Looked through the CTerrorPlayer and Smoker L4D2 netprops.
Found a bunch of useful stuff that would make many of the current plugins, based on events, pretty much redundant, but still - not what I was loooking for.

3. Of course, used google a lot and studied all the available libraries for L4D2(l4d2direct, l4d2lib, left4downtown etc.), in-game events and possible cvars. Nothing there.

If you have any ideas, I would be extremely grateful to hear them. Thanks!

Last edited by V1SoR; 10-07-2012 at 05:15.
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2012 , 06:08   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #2

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Old 10-07-2012 , 06:11   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTony View Post
What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Read the very first sentence of the OP please.

M1 = Left Mouse Button = Primary Attack
M2 = Right Mouse Button = Secondary Attack(shoving in L4D2)

Last edited by V1SoR; 10-07-2012 at 06:12.
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2012 , 09:19   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #4

My imagination fails to model how a survivor can attack while being choked.
Old 10-07-2012 , 11:31   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
My imagination fails to model how a survivor can attack while being choked.

I'm sorry, seems like I failed miserably in my attempts at making myself particularly clear. Either that or probably somebody here has a problem with reading comprehension.

I do NOT need to be able to attack anyone while being choked. Though I'd like to be able to attack the smoker in the small amount of time I have whilst being dragged. Right before the cinematic thirdperson animation starts and I can no longer do anything.

Last edited by V1SoR; 10-07-2012 at 11:35.
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2012 , 04:50   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #6

So... um... Do you say that if survivor is holding a melee weapon and smoker pulls him, he doesn't have a second where he can attack like with all other weapons?
Old 10-08-2012 , 11:35   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #7

i don't get this.

Last edited by jake84; 10-08-2012 at 11:36.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 10-08-2012 , 14:28   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #8

Hard to imagine but this issue maybe going back to valve and request a cvar for the smoker things.

EDIT: there u go..
tongue_start_pull_delay : 0.1 : , "cheat", "rep", "cl" : How long from tongue contact to tongue pulling.

Last edited by GsiX; 10-08-2012 at 15:42.
V1SoR
Old 10-08-2012 , 16:17   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
So... um... Do you say that if survivor is holding a melee weapon and smoker pulls him, he doesn't have a second where he can attack like with all other weapons?
Just test it for yourself and you'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsiX View Post
Hard to imagine but this issue maybe going back to valve and request a cvar for the smoker things.

EDIT: there u go..
tongue_start_pull_delay : 0.1 : , "cheat", "rep", "cl" : How long from tongue contact to tongue pulling.
Not sure that's what I need... But I'll try. Thx anyway.

Last edited by V1SoR; 10-08-2012 at 16:18.
Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2012 , 16:54   Re: [L4D2] Survivor attack buttons being disabled when pulled by Smoker
Reply With Quote #10

I do believe this to be client sided (the buttons being disabled if holding a melee weapon while getting pulled), so the way I would work around it would be to swap weapon to primary slot.

I don't really have any other ideas what you can do.