Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

blazenam
Old 11-06-2008 , 12:13   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

excause me,when i use lan connected to the server,it shows the server's name in stead of player's id,how to solve this problem?
and also,will redirect_localslots collided with adminslot?
I don't understand this function....wt does it mean?
Is it mean that foreign players can connect the server,but when the server is full with an admin slot which is 30/32(2 slots),and when the local players connecting to the server,the foreign player will be redirected even there is an adminslot?That means it still keeps 30/32 players but inside the server,the foreign players have already redirected becuz local players are connected?

I'am confused.Please help me.Thank you.
sorry for my bad english.
sapir5522
BANNED
Old 11-06-2008 , 13:00   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

how come you dont request a sub forum you got 120 pages!
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2008 , 13:33   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenam View Post
excause me,when i use lan connected to the server,it shows the server's name in stead of player's id,how to solve this problem?
a player id shouldn't be shown anywhere. i'm afraid i don't understand what you mean. maybe you could post a screenshot that makes it more clear?

Quote:
and also,will redirect_localslots collided with adminslot?
I don't understand this function....wt does it mean?
if players connect from your LAN (e.g. something in 192.168... ip range) they will have priority. if you got remote (= internet) players on your server with 31/32 players and a local (LAN) player connects, xREDIRECT will take an internet player and redirect him to another server.

Quote:
Is it mean that foreign players can connect the server,but when the server is full with an admin slot which is 30/32(2 slots),
sorry, xREDIRECT is not compatible with AMXX inbuilt slot reservation but it brings it's own slot reservation which works a little different. you can have infinite admin slots but xREDIRECT will always only reserve one slot, so when the server is "full" it will have 31/32 players, not 30/32. for every admin that connects another player is dropped from the server and redirected to another server, until you got 32 admins on the server (which probably will never happen).

Quote:
and when the local players connecting to the server,the foreign player will be redirected even there is an adminslot?That means it still keeps 30/32 players but inside the server,the foreign players have already redirected becuz local players are connected?
no, as i said it works completely different. it's like this:
admins > local players > internet players. so internet players are dropped for a local player and internet AND local players are dropped for an admin. an admin is never dropped. xREDIRECT always drops the player who is the shortest time on the server.
again, dropping doesn't always mean that xREDIRECT kicks these players - it just sends them to another server if there is one with free slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapir5522 View Post
how come you dont request a sub forum you got 120 pages!
hmm good question. i just never thought about it.
Old 11-06-2008 , 13:58   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
a player id shouldn't be shown anywhere. i'm afraid i don't understand what you mean. maybe you could post a screenshot that makes it more clear?

if players connect from your LAN (e.g. something in 192.168... ip range) they will have priority. if you got remote (= internet) players on your server with 31/32 players and a local (LAN) player connects, xREDIRECT will take an internet player and redirect him to another server.

sorry, xREDIRECT is not compatible with AMXX inbuilt slot reservation but it brings it's own slot reservation which works a little different. you can have infinite admin slots but xREDIRECT will always only reserve one slot, so when the server is "full" it will have 31/32 players, not 30/32. for every admin that connects another player is dropped from the server and redirected to another server, until you got 32 admins on the server (which probably will never happen).

no, as i said it works completely different. it's like this:
admins > local players > internet players. so internet players are dropped for a local player and internet AND local players are dropped for an admin. an admin is never dropped. xREDIRECT always drops the player who is the shortest time on the server.
again, dropping doesn't always mean that xREDIRECT kicks these players - it just sends them to another server if there is one with free slots.

hmm good question. i just never thought about it.

oh!I got your point!Thanks for helping!!
The problem is solved.It was my mistake.
When I translated it into Traditional Chinese,I made a mistake.So it shows different names.haha,sorry about that.

So,is there anyway to set 2 admin slots?
Because I want to make it having 2 slots in order to work with amx slot reservation.

Last edited by blazenam; 11-06-2008 at 14:04.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-06-2008 , 14:10   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Once mroe: xredirect is NOT compatible with ANY other slot reservation.
It allways reservers one slot only for the redirection.
So turn of all other slot reservation plugins.

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2008 , 17:28   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

as Mordekay says. just set redirect_adminslots 1 and you got your admin slots. no need to keep 2 slots locked for that.
but you need to turn off other admin slot plug-ins, otherwise automatic redirection will not work.
Old 11-06-2008 , 22:46   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
telling the server its own external IP in the hosts file should work but you can as well use the solution that xREDIRECT has already inbuilt:
set the localaddress= parameter in the serverlist.ini to the local IP of the server (e.g. 192.168.0.1). if xREDIRECT finds a local address it will prefer to use this for querying instead of the external address, which is however still used for redirecting players.
I would just have to say, that the program, is still amazing, and is extremely thorough, I have not had a chance to read all of the documentation.

My fix worked, I will try this though instead. Is it possible to use localhost:27015 or are you required to use the local address?

What did you think about one post up from the quote, with SQL storing the server list?
blazenam
Old 11-07-2008 , 00:51   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
as Mordekay says. just set redirect_adminslots 1 and you got your admin slots. no need to keep 2 slots locked for that.
but you need to turn off other admin slot plug-ins, otherwise automatic redirection will not work.
That means the server keeps holding 1 slot even an admin joined the server? juz like 30/31
if an admin join the server when the server is 30/31,will a player who is playing inside the server be redirected to another server becuz of the admin's connection? so it still keep 30/31 even admin has joined the server?But the player has been redirected due to admin's connection.Isn't it?

Last edited by blazenam; 11-07-2008 at 00:55.
Reitak
BANNED
Old 11-07-2008 , 08:06   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

hi, this mod is perfect, but I have 4 servers, 3 NS and 1 Steam. Everything works fine, serverlist show in game all server show perfect, players write /server and choose server and connect to that server, works perfect.

But when is server full, it don't remove player to another (free) server, i don't know why, i have set all fine, and when server is full it wrote to player Server full and he must manualy join to another server.

Thanks
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-07-2008 , 09:40   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reitak View Post
hi, this mod is perfect, but I have 4 servers, 3 NS and 1 Steam. Everything works fine, serverlist show in game all server show perfect, players write /server and choose server and connect to that server, works perfect.

But when is server full, it don't remove player to another (free) server, i don't know why, i have set all fine, and when server is full it wrote to player Server full and he must manualy join to another server.

Thanks
Exept that no-steam is not supported you are wrong.
If you would have everything fine it would work.
But without any informations about your serverlist.ini and the cvars from the servers we cannot do anything for you.

Closed Thread