Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Malware/Banned plugin?

Post New Thread Reply   

darkblades
Old 10-08-2012 , 12:35   Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #1

I just recently updated to new version of L4D2, Sourcemod, and metamod...

now I am getting this:

"Plugin l4d_superversus.smx failed to load: Possible malware or illegal plugin detected and blocked."

What the heck?

Last edited by darkblades; 10-08-2012 at 12:35.
jake84
Old 10-08-2012 , 12:40   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #2

this is because you are loading a custom version of superversus which someone added malicous code to / file with backdoor in it.

you can solve this by downloading the offical l4d_superversus here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=830069

Last edited by jake84; 10-08-2012 at 12:40.
darkblades
Old 10-08-2012 , 12:47   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake84 View Post
this is because you are loading a custom version of superversus which someone added malicous code to / file with backdoor in it.

you can solve this by downloading the offical l4d_superversus here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=830069
NOOOOOOOOO! Custom version of superversus with bad code? It is not bad, it worked fine. Why is it blocked? The one posted in the end of "Super Versus" topic is way better than the original, it also comes with bot infected which l4d2 has, but l4d1 does not...

Who blocked it? The new version of Sourcemod? I want to downgrade then...

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=932 <--- This is the better version too, please unblock it I can't host server without it, or link me to downgrade.
jake84
Old 10-08-2012 , 12:50   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #4

hello, as you can see that author is banned, and because the sourcemod developers has banned his plugins it is a sign that the plugin can cause trouble on your server. i would personally only run offical builds.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 10-08-2012 , 12:51   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #5

It was blocked because it was released without the source code, violating the license.

OR/AND

It was blocked because it contained malicious code and/or a backdoor.

EDIT: The user was banned because he was distributing closed source plugins, so my guess is the first reason

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 10-08-2012 at 12:52.
darkblades
Old 10-08-2012 , 13:05   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
It was blocked because it was released without the source code, violating the license.

OR/AND

EDIT: The user was banned because he was distributing closed source plugins, so my guess is the first reason
You wrong, look at link i post, there is SP file. This is sourcecode correct? so it cannot be without banned sourceocode. if there was backdoor we all would file report on this, no bad code, just bad community blocking good plugins?
BrokenSpork
BANNED
Old 10-08-2012 , 13:05   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblades View Post
I just recently updated to new version of L4D2, Sourcemod, and metamod...

now I am getting this:

"Plugin l4d_superversus.smx failed to load: Possible malware or illegal plugin detected and blocked."

What the heck?
Oh god damn, I was about to make the same topic about this too...great...what do we do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake84 View Post
hello, as you can see that author is banned, and because the sourcemod developers has banned his plugins it is a sign that the plugin can cause trouble on your server. i would personally only run offical builds.
The author's plugins are actually better than his, and they work too. Why would someone go around blocking plugins that are actually better or slightly better than anyone elses?

Quote:

OR/AND

You may be correct that the team has decided to ban unauthorized plugins...but there is a small problem. Just cause he is banned is not a reason to ban plugins. I have 3 plugins from banned authors and they aren't blocked.

Second, we both use the same superversus, I would assume since he linked it. That version has an SP file, and you can clearly read/write that it has no Malicious code or backdoor. I also did a search and found a post by one of the developers stating that it is IMPOSSIBLE to create viruses through sourcemod...

Third, why ban his plugins, and not the other banned authors if it was such a big deal? From my research, it appears only this specific author's plugins are banned. Explain?
jake84
Old 10-08-2012 , 13:08   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #8

ah jeez, i get the feeling that the guy who got banned and who posted these modfied plugin just registred to post this message above me.

if his plugin is banned, it must be worse than the plugin that isnt banned.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 10-08-2012 , 13:11   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #9

A specific version of the plugin was banned. Also, he was banned because he violated the license, among other things.

This is the details from the blocker
Code:
"plugin_fd89ca333467cffe722072a52e7bc752"	""	/* L4D SuperVersus (DDRKhat) - Version 1.6.5 - Marcus101RR version */

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
darkblades
Old 10-08-2012 , 13:16   Re: Malware/Banned plugin?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
A specific version of the plugin was banned. Also, he was banned because he violated the license, among other things.

This is the details from the blocker
Code:
"plugin_fd89ca333467cffe722072a52e7bc752"    ""    /* L4D SuperVersus (DDRKhat) - Version 1.6.5 - Marcus101RR version */
Where can I check plugins, how can I fix and run plugin? I want to run plugin, its good.