Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?

Post New Thread Reply   

Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2012 , 23:35   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #11

you can always pay mitchell to add the features you want.
jake84
Old 10-04-2012 , 02:27   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #12

what's with you and always "pay" lately. what he requested can surely be done for free.
what bothers me is that he has made a plugin but can't add a printtochat.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-04-2012 , 08:24   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #13

I thought this was a community where people post what they request and hopefully someone comes onto the thread and help out a buddy. Guess this community is more of a "PAY" community, or maybe it's the user who think they should get paid even if its adding a little more features. Smh.
necavi
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2012 , 13:54   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #14

Yes, a LOT of the time you can get someone to do something for free and you can just wait for that to happen, but if you really want to get something done (just like in the rest of the world) you have to pay for it. Generally the good coders are busy working on real jobs or other projects, to spend a lot of time on something for you, they really should be compensated for their efforts.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-04-2012 , 17:16   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #15

Jake, you haven't looked at the source; The plugin has print to chat messages for just about everything, and the features can be toggled. Wolfgang added me on steam under another alias, and made this request, along with other requests, and those features were already in the plugin, and I told him that. This feature isn't, but it wouldn't be hard for him to edit the code, since it's practically copy and pasting other prints and changing what variables are displayed. If I had time to be working on plugins, I'd be working on skyrpg_v2, not skyrpg_v1.

I suggested that he can pay, because like necavi said, we're all busy. Wolfgang doesn't want to do it himself, and no one else is jumping up to do it, so he can always tip another programmer to add the features he's requesting. I already released this massive rpg plugin for free, which apparently isn't the type of plugin people release every day; I'm referencing the list of servers running private, pay-for-feature plugins, that are highly successful.

He could wait a while, someone (like you, jake) might do it for him, but I've already a working version of skyrpg_v2 running, and will never, ever use skyrpg_v1, let alone the features he's requesting, so with the time I do have to myself, I'm going to work on the projects that I actually use. If there are seriously broken bugs in skyrpg_v1, I'll update them; a russian fellow actually sent me a message with some last night, and I fixed them for him and pushed an update.
jake84
Old 10-04-2012 , 18:40   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #16

yawn
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-04-2012 , 19:33   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #17

you're just a troll... lolz
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-04-2012 , 19:47   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #18

This is the requests forum, not the scripting section, not the troll-people-without-consequences section, allow me to spell out some basic guidelines.
  • Anyone can request anything they want (that isn't against the forum or Valve's rules).
  • "Go learn to code yourself" isn't a contribution.
  • While you're welcome to offer paid services, don't whine when people decline.
Old 10-04-2012 , 21:00   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #19

Requesting for just a little features creates this much consequences? And yes I rather wait for someone else to come along and add a little feature that I'm requesting instead of "Learn coding yourself" or "Pay the User this much" Blah blah blah... as long as this thread isn't ignore. All i'm asking is just add a little features but ended up with these trolls saying "Learn coding yourself". If this request is causing problem, I understand and I'll leave this community.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-04-2012 , 21:01   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
If this request is causing problem, I understand and I'll leave this community.
Please don't, you've done nothing wrong.
I will however trash this thread so you can create another, it's a mess.

EDIT: Continued behaviour as noted in my post from the other people participating in this thread will result in instant, and completely non-negotiable bans.

Last edited by asherkin; 10-04-2012 at 21:02.