Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?

Post New Thread Reply   

WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-01-2012 , 00:01   [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #1

Since the author is unwilling to add updates on his plugin, will someone add codes that print message to chat for every or amount of zombies killed and witch killed?

http://code.google.com/p/sky-plugins...cripting/rpg5/
jake84
Old 10-01-2012 , 02:28   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #2

yawn
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2012 , 05:04   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #3

The source code is there; the plugin is really ancient (probably > 1 year old). You can really easily add those features. It just might take a little bit of time because of how much code is there --- I'm not saying skyrpg_v1 is optimal, because it isn't; It's quite ugly in a lot of places, but I pointed you to some tutorials on sourcepawn to get you started. Learning it means you don't have to ask other people to do it for you, so you can do it when you want to, and how you want to. It isn't that I'm unwilling to do it - that's a really harsh way to address why you're asking other people to do it. I just don't have the time to do it, what with school and new projects taking up most of my free time. That, and a lot of my time is invested in skyrpg_v2.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2012 , 05:05   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #4

Oh, I'm also playing new games. Gosh, you wouldn't believe how much of my very little free time borderlands 2 is taking up.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-02-2012 , 20:38   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
The source code is there; the plugin is really ancient (probably > 1 year old). You can really easily add those features. It just might take a little bit of time because of how much code is there --- I'm not saying skyrpg_v1 is optimal, because it isn't; It's quite ugly in a lot of places, but I pointed you to some tutorials on sourcepawn to get you started. Learning it means you don't have to ask other people to do it for you, so you can do it when you want to, and how you want to. It isn't that I'm unwilling to do it - that's a really harsh way to address why you're asking other people to do it. I just don't have the time to do it, what with school and new projects taking up most of my free time. That, and a lot of my time is invested in skyrpg_v2.
I can't learn by just looking at it and expect to learn from it. People are different, I'm not a Visual Learner who are those who learn through seeing things. I'm more a Kinesthetic learner people are those who learn through experiencing/doing things.
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-02-2012 , 20:41   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #6

Would someone please do this for me, I would appreciate it very much.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 10-02-2012 , 23:01   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
I can't learn by just looking at it and expect to learn from it. People are different, I'm not a Visual Learner who are those who learn through seeing things. I'm more a Kinesthetic learner people are those who learn through experiencing/doing things.
okay.. so what your saying is that you cant learn to code, but you can....
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-02-2012 , 23:28   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
okay.. so what your saying is that you cant learn to code, but you can....
Jesus you're killing me. -__- Meaning I learn best from having a person teaching me how to do this coding. Think outside the box boy!
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 10-03-2012 , 09:40   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
Jesus you're killing me. -__- Meaning I learn best from having a person teaching me how to do this coding. Think outside the box boy!
Then enroll in a class?
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 10-03-2012 , 23:09   Re: [L4D2] Skyrpg_v1 Add new codes?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Then enroll in a class?
Yes i would, but here there isn't any.