Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)

Post New Thread Reply   

FuhrerMike
Old 05-29-2010 , 01:56   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #81

This is not working at all on my Server 2003 box. For whatever reason attachables_mm.dll just crashes the server when loaded, whether manually or by vdf. I've tried this even without SM or any other MM plugins loaded, still the same result.

The extension itself seems to be fine, and I can see ERROR on meta list if I remove the dll file.
voogru
Inspector Javert
Old 05-29-2010 , 13:11   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuhrerMike View Post
This is not working at all on my Server 2003 box. For whatever reason attachables_mm.dll just crashes the server when loaded, whether manually or by vdf. I've tried this even without SM or any other MM plugins loaded, still the same result.

The extension itself seems to be fine, and I can see ERROR on meta list if I remove the dll file.
Do you use AVG antivirus by any chance?
FuhrerMike
Old 05-29-2010 , 20:10   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by voogru View Post
Do you use AVG antivirus by any chance?
Not at all. I use Comodo on here and it picked it up as suspicious, but I set it to ignore it. Maybe that's happening on the box as well?
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2010 , 21:59   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #84

Since this was changed to use a different attachment method, i knew i would have to change the way i implemented it. But im having trouble getting the actual model to show up on players at all.

Ive reduced my code to

Code:
iModel = Attachable_CreateAttachable(target);
SetEntityModel(iModel, g_Hatmodel[target]);
but now all i get is the shadow of the chosen model on the ground around the player, but no actual model displayed. I got the vector of the player and the attachable entity (by getting the m_vecOrigin property of both) and it showed me...

Player: 2326.201416 1550.897827 -108.283996
Attachable: -947.346313 -2630.405273 108.283996

but again, im not sure if the attached entity is a relative position. Either way the x,y position must be right since i can see the shadow of the model once its applied.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-29-2010 , 23:52   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arg! View Post
Since this was changed to use a different attachment method, i knew i would have to change the way i implemented it. But im having trouble getting the actual model to show up on players at all.

Ive reduced my code to

Code:
iModel = Attachable_CreateAttachable(target);
SetEntityModel(iModel, g_Hatmodel[target]);
but now all i get is the shadow of the chosen model on the ground around the player, but no actual model displayed. I got the vector of the player and the attachable entity (by getting the m_vecOrigin property of both) and it showed me...

Player: 2326.201416 1550.897827 -108.283996
Attachable: -947.346313 -2630.405273 108.283996

but again, im not sure if the attached entity is a relative position. Either way the x,y position must be right since i can see the shadow of the model once its applied.

Any suggestions?
I never change the entities origin, you may want to try setting it's origin to the player.

The change I made was internal and shouldnt have caused any changes to be made.
DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-30-2010 , 03:29   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #86

Hey voogru, I'm having an issue with tf2 equipment manager. I'm not sure if it's on your side, or on the plugin's side, but the entire player/model attached seems to get blacked out all the time. It's like really dimly lit HDR washed out too. It's making people rage out on my arena server . I posted about this in the equipment manager plugin thread as well, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware that people are having this problem.

Although, having said all that, I haven't upgraded to the latest sourcemod snapshots yet, so once I do that perhaps this will go away. I'll post back if anything happens.
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
FuhrerMike
Old 05-31-2010 , 00:08   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Engine Error
CMDLcache:ut of memory
This is the error it's crashing with if that helps any.
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-03-2010 , 20:16   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #88

Hey voogru, could you elaborate on what you mean by "the plug-in is designed in such a way that updates will regularly break it" ? The last update to TF2 didn't break it. I'm wondering what kind of update will break it.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2010 , 01:14   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #89

Updates that change gamedata is my guess. When updates like that come out they always mess stuff up.

voogru
Inspector Javert
Old 06-04-2010 , 03:16   Re: Patch for player attachments (MM:S and SM)
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
Hey voogru, could you elaborate on what you mean by "the plug-in is designed in such a way that updates will regularly break it" ? The last update to TF2 didn't break it. I'm wondering what kind of update will break it.
Big updates usually cause vtable changes, if any of the hardcoded offsets changed due to the update, it will break. I expect the engineer update to break it.