No MOTD in Panorama

Post New Thread Reply   

MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 16:36   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
I don't get why everybody is trying to police this thread so much. People are enjoying the conversation, clearly. Let them talk, and if you don't like it, just don't read the thread. I have no idea why you would be asking people to keep their opinions to themselves. This is a public forum.

Since any workaround will obviously require sourcemod, discuss those in the correct subforum, the sourcemod subforum.
Same thing i was saying for motd, if u dont like it just dont put ads in motd and u are ok... but here i see many ppl enjoing when some ppl/communities collapse and they actualy enjoing it... even when that collapse doesent do any good to them personaly they enjoing it... yap sad truth... maybe they think if some communities collapse they will get more players...
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
Fastmancz
Old 08-05-2018 , 17:05   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #212

The MOTD has been "fixed"? Can someone verify it? I'm probably found a solution: This is only a preparation for MOTD. (I think).
https://github.com/Xectali/CSGO_Pano...OverlayMOTD.sp

Main owner of the CMGPORTAL.CZ.
---------------------------------------
My plugins:
[CS:GO] Panorama - Timeleft
[CS:GO] JailBreak - Be quiet, please!

Last edited by Fastmancz; 08-05-2018 at 17:17.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 17:16   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #213

Lol. Looks like a menu to me.
Old 08-05-2018 , 18:39   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
Same thing i was saying for motd, if u dont like it just dont put ads in motd and u are ok... but here i see many ppl enjoing when some ppl/communities collapse and they actualy enjoing it... even when that collapse doesent do any good to them personaly they enjoing it... yap sad truth... maybe they think if some communities collapse they will get more players...
I do want weapon skin servers to do. For sure they are pulling users. It's not even a question.
sorrybro
BANNED
Old 08-05-2018 , 19:56   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #215

I applaud the people who recently starting to speak out with good reasons on why MOTD ads are not hurting anyone in any way, despite them not normally wanting to participate in discussions like these, finally! I also applaud alliedmodders for not closing this thread since it is a significant concern to many server owners whom some are also developers and despite the few users here making some bad statements on both sides, I don't see any of them crossing the line and I don't see why those can't be dealt with individually anyways, IF needed as I don't see any going too far. A lot of good points have been made and perspectives have been given, and there can always be more that can be argued, productively of course, not irrationally.

Ghostofmybrain, I agree with you on how one's community size is not reflective on what one should be proud of. No one is saying they are better because they have a bigger community size. The problem was what you said about how larger communities who run ads are the problem to your server size and how you are happy to see ads go and supposedly according to you and some other dude this means more players for you guys. We can't simply not say anything about that since its claiming something false and so wrong. Other servers are not at fault for your satisfaction for your own servers, and I'm sorry but if you want more players, you have to do it like everyone else and spend a lot of time on the servers, make friends, and eventually a large group of them. Not everyone is able to do this due to their personality and time for example, but you can always find someone who is good with people if they like you to help you with that. All this takes time and work. Other servers are not to blame for your server, and as you said, you should be proud of what you have, but why blame others for YOUR work?

You change your argument to saying that weapon skins is your biggest concern, and as you stated recently now, it is not directly at fault to ads. However, what you claim about how some people use ads to provide !ws to players does not mean ads are at fault. Weapon skins are a different issue and can be dealt with I'm sure, in a more aggressive basis from valve, perhaps with a hardcoded patch, but noone really knows what valve is up to on that. My opinion on that other issue is that it just isn't a big priority for them and they have already put some limitations, like token bans, but unfortunately people abuse workarounds for that for now. I agree these !ws plugins say a lot about the server owners, and there is a special place for them, and all I can say is one day I think the devs will put the time to ruin their communities they have built wrongfully so. These server owners remind me of people who ddos other communities and CHEAT to hurt others, unfortunately innocent others as well. However, ads have nothing to do with it. People always will cheat if easily possible and if they can get away with it, which seems to be the situation for now.

As for the claims that ads shouldn't exist since players can donate instead, it is just not true for everyone. Many players struggle to donate, and I don't see why people can't use some other form of fundraising, like ads, to support their passion or hobby. Saying how one does not like ads so people should run strictly on donations does not seem necessary at all. These ads are not harmful and people choose to play on servers with ads to support them, and the good ones at that. ABOVE ALL, players ALWAYS have the option to not play on the servers if they don't like it!

Like someone have said recently here, some are looking at weapon skins as an argument, but overlook the fact that many of these servers do a great job and have done a lot of great stuff with their communities while creating a CULTURE that is very important to some players, and is the reason why these players return every day. I can confidently say that it takes more than some stupid weapon skin plugin to have players return to a community. Some players tell me how important some communities are as they create a culture and a way to spend their free time for them in a way it's so important that they play EVERY DAY. Also, ads are secondary to these server owners, but it is a significant form of fundraising for them and is a CRITICAL downfall for losing that feature where some may not afford to do it at all afterwards. We don't force others to run ads, we just ask to let us do it, as there is nothing harmful about it as players have so many other options if they don't like it.

Although alliedmodders clearly support one side of this argument, I wanted to thank them letting people speak about this, on BOTH sides, despite the VERY FEW who made some pretty bad arguments, like suing valve lmao, what a way to lose credibility in your voice. Although noone will ever know if valve ever visits this site, it is nice to have something documented online, especially on a platform like alliedmodders who have supported open discussions like this on many other different topics. I think people are making good arguments on both sides, and it's nice to see all the different perspectives on this. Yes, valve will do anything they please as they have the right, but it does not mean they will ignore good points if made.

Last edited by sorrybro; 08-05-2018 at 20:16. Reason: accuracy
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 20:01   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrybro
No one is saying they are better because they have a bigger community size.
Yes, actually. That's exactly what many people in this very thread have said.

Quote:
The problem was what you said about how larger communities who run ads are the problem to your server size and how you are happy to see ads go and supposedly according to you and some other dude this means more players for you guys.
Sorry if I said that. I've tried to be clear this whole time, but if not, here is what I'm saying. Valve's restriction on weapon skins and the continual skirting of these rules by most servers DEFINITELY hurts my player base. People who run !ws also run ads to support it. If cutting out ads kills off the !ws servers, then I'm happy to see ads go until Valve can come up with a better solution. I hope this is now clear.
sorrybro
BANNED
Old 08-05-2018 , 20:29   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #217

Hi Ghostofmybrain,
I don't recall anyone saying that in this thread other than how they feel envied against which in other words they don't think they are better but they feel others hate them for what they've built, which is obviously not representative of everyone against ads, but even if so, please don't let that be the representation of anyone else other than that one individual or individuals.

As for the !ws servers, thanks for clarifying your intentions, but I don't think hurting innocent server owners for that other problem is a solution and I'm sure it wasn't their reasoning behind it either as that reasoning is flawed, not a solution to remove a feature due to that one problem creating more issues. I also have to stand on what I said and those !ws plugins should not be a concern to your player base as you have to have a consistent amount of regulars that fill up your server for others to join it, and the !ws plugin has little to effect to that. If you can recruit even 20 friends to play on your servers every day, that will be enough for others to find it and help you grow and meet new people. I despise that plugin and the owners who run it, but not for reasons on player base, but for the fact that they do something against valve who CREATE THE PLATFORM for them to even make friends and have a good time to begin with. On top of that it's so unnecessary it makes me cringe.

Last edited by sorrybro; 08-05-2018 at 20:31.
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 22:34   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:

Sorry if I said that. I've tried to be clear this whole time, but if not, here is what I'm saying. Valve's restriction on weapon skins and the continual skirting of these rules by most servers DEFINITELY hurts my player base. People who run !ws also run ads to support it. If cutting out ads kills off the !ws servers, then I'm happy to see ads go until Valve can come up with a better solution. I hope this is now clear.
Ads do not suppprt !ws. I calculate to u in this thread. There is no sense for that statements especial when u have very low cost on tokens.
Or i still missing a connection betwean motd and skins... Also i can confirm that skins doesent make large changes and if u want evidence u can contact me in private and i will proof to u that ws doesent mean for nothing for large stable community with many regular players.
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 23:33   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #219

Quote:

I myself don't think killing motd ads will stop !ws plugin bro because players want it they will very please to donate for it. the affect is very very very small... even likely never touched.
Old 08-06-2018 , 00:38   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #220

Quote:
I don't get why everybody is trying to police this thread so much. People are enjoying the conversation, clearly. Let them talk, and if you don't like it, just don't read the thread. I have no idea why you would be asking people to keep their opinions to themselves. This is a public forum.

Since any workaround will obviously require sourcemod, discuss those in the correct subforum, the sourcemod subforum.
Just my opinion and suggestion.