Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Constant random crashes

Post New Thread Reply   

mlov420
Old 07-14-2015 , 07:04   Re: Constant random crashes
Reply With Quote #11

Windows is definitely the premier OS for CSGO servers, especially larger ones because you can assign a single server to run on more than 1 core, which splits the game and network processes onto separate threads. My understanding is also that threaded Sourcemod functions can run on a third thread which should further decrease chances of poor server performance. The part about threaded Sourcemod functions I cannot 100 percent confirm though.

With Windows, you can also do auto updates I believe.
necavi
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2015 , 14:35   Re: Constant random crashes
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Windows is definitely the premier OS for CSGO servers, especially larger ones because you can assign a single server to run on more than 1 core, which splits the game and network processes onto separate threads. My understanding is also that threaded Sourcemod functions can run on a third thread which should further decrease chances of poor server performance. The part about threaded Sourcemod functions I cannot 100 percent confirm though.

With Windows, you can also do auto updates I believe.

Please stop spreading that misinformation. Both Linux and Windows versions of srcds run networking on a separate thread. Sourcemod's threaded calls are indeed on yet another thread, but very few if any of them do any significant amount of work that it is not noticeable. (The purpose is simple for asynchronous calls, such as getting data from a database)