Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?

Post New Thread Reply   

Ricky
Old 08-09-2016 , 16:42   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
Not totally sure what is your context, but you should probably add bots with "bot_quota".

Some random link with bot cvars/commands: http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogi...t_Commands.htm
Yes, bot_quota is set to 14. In a CSDM setting, the bots will not respawn after death which is odd because the other bot programs don't have this problem at my current settings. Do you have this working with CSDM?
wickedd
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2016 , 16:56   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #12

Are you sure podbots is the problem? Because I had a test server with podbots and CSDM installed that ran without any problems. Is your server windows or linux?
Ricky
Old 08-09-2016 , 17:02   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedd View Post
Are you sure podbots is the problem? Because I had a test server with podbots and CSDM installed that ran without any problems. Is your server windows or linux?
I've just upgraded my AMXX and PODBOT among other things after creating this topic and actually have seen an improvement. I was running an old AMX 1.8.3 dev build that was likely unstable and causing crashes. I haven't ran the new PODBOT for more than a day yet. Are you having any crash problems with your setup? CSDM/AMX/PODBOT version?
wickedd
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2016 , 17:14   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #14

My test server had AMXX 1.8.3 dev5055, CSDM 2.1.3d with podbot v3b22 installed and it ran ok. The problems I had was plugin related.

Last edited by wickedd; 08-09-2016 at 17:32.
Ricky
Old 08-09-2016 , 22:36   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
Not totally sure what is your context, but you should probably add bots with "bot_quota".

Some random link with bot cvars/commands: http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogi...t_Commands.htm
I got CS Bot Enabler to work with CSDM now. Thanks. Seems that these bots will only respawn when calling deathevent and not hamkilled. They also don't seem to follow any weapon loadouts to any weapon plugins. I have fixed the issue by spawning them with money so they can buy which is what they seem to prefer. Good plugin so far however!

I have always had problems keeping my server up with the barebones csdm/podbot/amxx/metamod combo. Makes me believe something's wrong with my server provider. You actually have no crash issues with this combo?

Last edited by Ricky; 08-09-2016 at 23:47.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-10-2016 , 05:09   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #16

Assuming you're using dev version, If you're using those bots with ham, you need to set true at the last param of RegisterHam or using directly RegisterHamPlayer().
Because those bots don't have "player" classname set, so you have to deal them differently.
The module just unlocks CS Bots and does nothing else, if you have a problem with it, you can be sure you either misconfigured or your plugins need an update.

Last edited by Arkshine; 08-10-2016 at 05:12.
Ricky
Old 08-11-2016 , 02:19   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #17

With Ham, they are able to respawn from all types of deaths - custom weapons and C4 explosion for example. Would you be able to call a respawn function for these bots from Ham_Killed? Or is there a work around for the DeathMsg?

Last edited by Ricky; 08-11-2016 at 04:18.
baneado
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2016 , 10:55   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #18

Have you tried podbot v3b23?
http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...t=5226&page=57
Ricky
Old 08-11-2016 , 22:29   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by baneado View Post
No problems so far after updating everything else. Was using the v3b22 for a long time before that.

I think CSBOTS is an excellent alternative. Hopefully, updates will be made for it to function with hamsandwich because a lot of custom plugins use it. The auto nav generator for it makes it very convenient.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-12-2016 , 02:16   Re: Any stable bot programs for amxmodx?
Reply With Quote #20

As I've already said, if you have a plugin with Ham and you're hooking with "player", you need to update your plugins. In dev version, Ham already supports Cs bots, but you need to explicitly it, either by setting true at the last param of RegisterHam or using directly RegisterHamPlayer().