3% 

Solved compiler

Post New Thread Reply   

ZaX
Old 12-02-2019 , 07:41   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redivcram View Post
What are you talking about? He's using Linux.
He said he is using "Linux VPS" - Virtual Private Server
And not as an Operating System for his PC

Last edited by ZaX; 12-02-2019 at 07:42.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2019 , 08:23   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaX View Post
He said he is using "Linux VPS" - Virtual Private Server
And not as an Operating System for his PC
Whether he uses his PC or some other machine for the VPS, it does not matter. If he's gonna use the Linux VPS for hosting CS 1.6, then windows files are pretty much useless, aren't they?
thEsp
BANNED
Old 12-02-2019 , 13:18   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #13

Well, O.P asked for help to compile AMXX plugins on Linux. Even though many people misunderstand the term VPS (Virtual personal server) and RDP (Remote desktop panel), my reply answers him in either way.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2019 , 22:35   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Whether he uses his PC or some other machine for the VPS, it does not matter. If he's gonna use the Linux VPS for hosting CS 1.6, then windows files are pretty much useless, aren't they?
Not all files types are OS-dependent. Compiled plugins (.amxx files) are NOT OS-dependent. For 10 years, I created, edited, and compiled on Windows for use on Linux servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Well, O.P asked for help to compile AMXX plugins on Linux. Even though many people misunderstand the term VPS (Virtual personal server) and RDP (Remote desktop panel), my reply answers him in either way.
VPS = Virtual Private Server
RDP = Remote Desktop Protocol

Also, the OP asked explicity for the Windows compiler, later clarifying that he was downloading the Linux package because he is hosting his server on Linux. This does not mean that he was asking for compiling on Linux.

---------------

Ultimately, the most likely proper solution is to download the Windows package for plugin development/compilation and use the Linux package for the server on the VPS.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-02-2019 at 22:42.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2019 , 07:23   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Not all files types are OS-dependent. Compiled plugins (.amxx files) are NOT OS-dependent. For 10 years, I created, edited, and compiled on Windows for use on Linux servers.
No one mentioned .amxx files. You are the first one to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Also, the OP asked explicity for the Windows compiler, later clarifying that he was downloading the Linux package because he is hosting his server on Linux. This does not mean that he was asking for compiling on Linux.
That is not the way I am seeing his messages, unless I am really blind. There was no clarification. He explicitly asked nothing like you claim it to be.

It was assumed at the beginning that he was looking for a compiler for windows, which we all use and assume that most are by default. OP never even mentioned that in his orinigal post. But after informing that he has downloaded a file with an extension that is meant for linux then after being interrogated about it because it was unsure whether he meant to do it, he clearly stated that he was using a VPS on linux, in which he has downloaded the files for in the first place.

In short. The OP never included explicit details about his request in his posts, just details in which we can only assume of his actual request. According to the details I've mentioned, the most precise assumption would be Linux.

Last edited by redivcram; 12-03-2019 at 07:27.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2019 , 10:36   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
No one mentioned .amxx files. You are the first one to do.

That is not the way I am seeing his messages, unless I am really blind. There was no clarification. He explicitly asked nothing like you claim it to be.

It was assumed at the beginning that he was looking for a compiler for windows, which we all use and assume that most are by default. OP never even mentioned that in his orinigal post. But after informing that he has downloaded a file with an extension that is meant for linux then after being interrogated about it because it was unsure whether he meant to do it, he clearly stated that he was using a VPS on linux, in which he has downloaded the files for in the first place.

In short. The OP never included explicit details about his request in his posts, just details in which we can only assume of his actual request. According to the details I've mentioned, the most precise assumption would be Linux.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...80&postcount=7
You did a real rough analysis for a simple question. He was looking for the compiler built for his PC and downloaded a linux version to maybe upload it into his game server. It's all in the previous posts, he even agrees with OxiXCrom. Fysiks just clarified information since you stated that the windows files are useless when in fact, they're not. AMXX plugins are not OS-dependent, so they are not useless whatever OS you compile/download from/to.
Old 12-04-2019 , 11:18   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #17

Hey guys, apologies for the poor clarification by my side.

Indeed, I downloaded the windows version so I could compile in my computer and I'm uploading the .amxx files to my linux vps!
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2019 , 05:58   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...80&postcount=7
You did a real rough analysis for a simple question. He was looking for the compiler built for his PC and downloaded a linux version to maybe upload it into his game server. It's all in the previous posts, he even agrees with OxiXCrom. Fysiks just clarified information since you stated that the windows files are useless when in fact, they're not. AMXX plugins are not OS-dependent, so they are not useless whatever OS you compile/download from/to.
Re-read my reply which you've quoted, but carefully this time. A couple of times, as well.

Anyway, I'm glad OP got it resolved.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2019 , 09:57   Re: compiler
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Re-read my reply which you've quoted, but carefully this time. A couple of times, as well.

Anyway, I'm glad OP got it resolved.
Really think you’ve over analyzed this thread. Re-read it since were clarifying information for you, the op, and your previous comments as well. Nonetheless the OP has it solved so no longer need to continue this.